What's new

What is Critical Race Theory?

This is referring to the common experience of all oppressed people, and has nothing to do with race specifically.
CRT is about groups, specifically racial groups hence the 'R' in CRT. The way the leading authors say race essentialism has been incorporated into CRT is the way they say it is. It is all their words because I think the whole thing is faux intellectualism stated in purposely vague terms so as not to cause offence. I know better than to argue what CRT is or isn't because it is or isn't practically anything.

That passage I quoted does lead into intersectionality because in CRT essentialism and anti-essentialism have an uneasy coexistance. CRT is about social systems of power that fits with intersectionality for the uniqueness of everyone lived experience. As a proponent of CRT, White Fragility author Ribin DiAngelo admits she is a racist in her book but she is an anti-racist. CRT is the thing and the anti-thing and nothing and everything.

If you want to argue that you know the true CRT and I'm all wrong then go on with your bad self. I know some of the history and have read some of the foundational pieces but I know better than to get involved in arguing over the holy dogma of this ideological garbage pile.

i don’t understand that much about CRT. A lot of it goes beyond my abilities. But I think there’s definitely some valid pts made.
I'm happy to hear that. Really. There are some valid points because racism has been real, is real, is a stain on our nation, and on all humanity. There is nothing wrong with admitting that and striving to solve it. CRT does speak to those things but it speaks to more, and it is the 'more' where I think some of it runs off the rails. I am encouraged with as much as you want to oppose racism in our society that CRT hasn't resonated with you enough for you to become mired in it.

CRT is about groups, specifically racial groups hence the 'R' in CRT. The way the leading authors say race essentialism has been incorporated into CRT is the way they say it is. It is all their words because I think the whole thing is faux intellectualism stated in purposely vague terms so as not to cause offence. I know better than to argue what CRT is or isn't because it is or isn't practically anything.
You quoted a passage discussion "essentialism" ion the sense of the essential characteristics of oppression. You did not quote anything that discussed "race essentialism", which, again, is a type of thinking quite contrary to CRT. There are no leading authors in CRT incorporating race essentialism into CRT, because CRT is fundamentally opposed to the notion. You could easily disprove this by bringing in a quote on "race essentialism" from CRT authors. I won't hold my breath.

I mean, if you want to go on lying that CRT features race essentialism, you can keep doing so. However, you've seen enough now to know it is a lie. If you keep going on about it, your own words will condemn you as a liar.

That passage I quoted does lead into intersectionality because in CRT essentialism and anti-essentialism have an uneasy coexistance. CRT is about social systems of power that fits with intersectionality for the uniqueness of everyone lived experience. As a proponent of CRT, White Fragility author Ribin DiAngelo admits she is a racist in her book but she is an anti-racist. CRT is the thing and the anti-thing and nothing and everything.
Again, deeply, deeply ignorant. Being racist comes from being raised in and participating in the racist poser structure. Being anti-racist comes from fighting the racist aspects of that power structure. You can fight against aspects of a power structure you participate in, and the is nothing contradictory about it.

If you want to argue that you know the true CRT and I'm all wrong then go on with your bad self.
That's like arguing you know the true interpretation of Shakespeare. You can interpret Cordelia's role in King Lear in many ways, but if you claim Cordelia is alive at the end of the play, you're just wrong. Like any interesting theory, CRT gets interpreted in a lot of ways, but your way is just wrong.

I know some of the history and have read some of the foundational pieces but I know better than to get involved in arguing over the holy dogma of this ideological garbage pile.
For someone who is so well-read, you show every sign of not understanding it at all. Is that deliberate?

So, can you provide a quote from a prominent CRT proponent supporting some altered notion of race essentialism, or not? Again, 1) not banal ("people have different colored skin"), 2) essentialist (i.e., that is, based intrinsic as opposed to extrinsic properties), and 3) held by leading authors in Critical Race Theory.

Being racist comes from being raised in and participating in the racist poser structure. Being anti-racist comes from fighting the racist aspects of that power structure.
Right, because words. What I really want to know is how the quintessentially matriarchal structures of opportunity manifested by establishment instructional facilities during the intellectually foundational period inform on the psyche of the un-anti-disracial-archist.

@Gameface Welcome back, brother.

To me its pretty simple. CRT is just another way of saying "Systemic Racism exists".

I'm not into the culture war BS that conservatives try to draw our society into, so I don't think it's worth my time arguing against.

Systemic Racism exists and we need to find ways to counteract it. That's it.

To me its pretty simple. CRT is just another way of saying "Systemic Racism exists".
Are you thinking those 3 words have never been uttered anywhere in any Elementary, Middle, or High School? Or are you one of the domestic terrorists who are under the impression those 3 "pretty simple" words have been brought up in schools?

Are you thinking those 3 words have never been uttered anywhere in any Elementary, Middle, or High School? Or are you one of the domestic terrorists who are under the impression those 3 "pretty simple" words have been brought up in schools?
I'm not sure what your question is getting at. If you're asking me if I think that a discussion should be had about systemic racism in school, the answer is "yes, history should be taught".

I'm not sure what your question is getting at. If you're asking me if I think that a discussion should be had about systemic racism in school, the answer is "yes, history should be taught".
There is a debate over CRT being in schools with some saying yes it is and other saying it is not. By your definition of CRT, of which there are many different definitions of CRT, but by your definition of CRT it clearly is being taught in schools. Knowing that your definition lands you in the group that believes CRT is being taught in schools, I'm was wondering if that made you reconsider your definition of what CRT was.

There is a debate over CRT being in schools with some saying yes it is and other saying it is not. By your definition of CRT, of which there are many different definitions of CRT, but by your definition of CRT it clearly is being taught in schools. Knowing that your definition lands you in the group that believes CRT is being taught in schools, I'm was wondering if that made you reconsider your definition of what CRT was.
I wasn't exactly the best student through my public school years. In school I was taught that America was great but along the way we had a few oopsies, one of them being slavery and then another being segregation, but all-in-all we were all about freedom, liberty and equality. Bestest most free-est place to ever be in the history of humanity.

I know I never heard the phrase "systemic racism exists" in school.

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it should be.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wasn't exactly the best student through my public school years. In school I was taught that America was great but along the way we had a few oopsies, one of them being slavery and then another being segregation, but all-in-all we were all about freedom, liberty and equality. Bestest most free-est place to ever be in the history of humanity.
Ah, the good days when school taught the truth.

I don’t know what it is but I’m gonna devote a year fear mongering about it because it helps my tribe politically.

I do admire your immunity shield that prevents One Brow from attacking you over your definition of CRT.
His definition is highly over-simplified, and therefore no more accurate than other such simplifications. That said, it is certainly true that CRT says systemic racism exists, and I'm pretty sure @Safetydan already knew it was a simplification.