What's new

What is Critical Race Theory?

it is certainly true that CRT says systemic racism exists
If that is what CRT says, then CRT is in schools. You can argue that it is a simplified version but you cannot argue that it does not exist or is not taught because the existence of systemic racism is in school curriculums.

If that is what CRT says, then CRT is in schools.
That like saying since quantum mechanics takes about light, and we teach about light in grade school, therefore we teach about quantum mechanics in grade school. It's such obviously poor logic.

You can argue that it is a simplified version but you cannot argue that it does not exist or is not taught because the existence of systemic racism is in school curriculums.
There are many, many different theories and approaches that demonstrate systemic racism. When you google "system racism", CRT doesn't appear in the first page of results.

You're just wrong. Once in a while you should be adult enough to admit it.

That like saying since quantum mechanics takes about light, and we teach about light in grade school, therefore we teach about quantum mechanics in grade school. It's such obviously poor logic.

There are many, many different theories and approaches that demonstrate systemic racism. When you google "system racism", CRT doesn't appear in the first page of results.

You're just wrong.
You condemnations are misdirected. That isn't my definition of CRT that you are attacking, it is SafetyDan's.

My point is and always has been that CRT is fundamentally postmodern. It is 2+2=5. You can make 2+2 equal whatever you want if you play with what 2 is. SafetyDan gave his definition of 2, and by his definition 2+2 equals 5. Fine if that is the definition. I don't have a dog in the fight and don't care either way. I do find it funny that you agree with SafetyDan's definition of 2 then argue against 2 being defined that way so that it doesn't equal 5. Either way, you are not wrong because it is a postmodern theory and so what are the concepts of right and wrong anyway in the context of postmodernism? I'll stick with my opinion of the whole thing being a faux intellectual garbage pile.

You condemnations are misdirected. That isn't my definition of CRT that you are attacking, it is SafetyDan's.
I was unaware you considered @Safetydan to be the ultimate possessor of truth.

My point is and always has been that CRT is fundamentally postmodern.
This is correct.

It is 2+2=5.
I saw an excellent Twitter thread on that one.

I do find it funny that you agree with SafetyDan's definition of 2
How did "highly over-simplified, and therefore no more accurate than other such simplifications" indicate to you that I agreed with the definition?

Either way, you are not wrong because it is a postmodern theory and so what are the concepts of right and wrong anyway in the context of postmodernism?
Among other things, Modernism is wrong in postmodernism. Thus, for example, Marxism (which is a Modernist philosophy) would be wrong.

Of course, since postmodernism is primarily a criticism of a Modernist way of explaining the world, as opposed to a way of actively explaining the world, it's not really the sort of think that creates objective concepts of right and wrong. Asking for that is like asking a movie critic to to designing a lighting effect for a movie.

I'll stick with my opinion of the whole thing being a faux intellectual garbage pile.
I have no doubt of that. In fact, I would be surprised if you did anything else. Just I'm sure that you're still convinced CRT involves "race essentialism" when you can't find a single passage that is 1) not banal ("people have different colored skin"), 2) essentialist (i.e., that is, based intrinsic as opposed to extrinsic properties), and 3) held by leading authors in Critical Race Theory, and when you tried, you found something best described as 'oppression essentialist'. I have no expectations you will change your opinions based on mere reality.

I don't, but I do test even ideas that I disagree with. For instance, I don't think 2+2=5, but I read the twitter thread too and understand the line of thought even if I personally believe 2+2=4.
Whereas, I see "2", "+", etc., as human creations that mean slightly different things in different contexts. The "2" in "2 apples" is different from the "2" in "2 feet of rope". For the former, 2 + 2 is always 4.

So this happened at a local school board meeting here in Utah. Tell me again how CRT isn’t a dog whistle..

So this happened at a local school board meeting here in Utah. Tell me again how CRT isn’t a dog whistle..

He is so so tired of having things shoved down his throat. Like the first 10 times, okay. The next 20, it's getting old. Now that it's well past 100 times things have been shoved down his throat, he's done.

His kids don't like the gay agenda, they don't like it. But there are 40 posters... (about what exactly who the F knows) and now his kids have no rights. Because that's how rights work, once you have 40 posters of something then you've lost all your rights. I mean he grew up with all sorts of kids that he was able to bully and make fun of and they never complained, he doesn't even know what's going on anymore. His kids don't even have the right to make fun of the gay kids anymore. He's done.

I’m guessing this is actually typical….

Yep. It’s clearly a dog whistle. This old fart doesn’t know what it is. But he doesn’t have to! He heard the racist dog whistle and he doesn’t like it!

Guys, it’s pretty damn simple. Every ****ing time there are gains made by POC in this country, there’s conservative backlash.
Rise of Abolitionists? Secession and Civil War.
13th, 14th, and 15th passed? Rise of the KKK.
Blacks demand civil rights? Jim Crow and the construction of civil war “heroes” like Nate Forest and Robert E Lee.
Blacks get desegregation? George Wallace and churches bombed.
Blacks get civil rights in the 1960s? The southern strategy and mass incarceration.
Blacks get a president? Trump.
George Floyd and BLM? Ohmygosh CRT protectthechildrenandwhitewomen!

You can even attach LGBTs here too, because rarely do these anti CRT school board meetings and legislation passed NOT include anti LGBT stuff. The 2015 ruling to legalize gay marriage is seeing backlash as well.

Did you see this @Red?

In Texas they’re scared of CRT so much that they’re going to ban 850 books, many of which are LGBT books. Hmmm kinda gives away the game here, doesn’t it?

Conservatives know they’re losing the culture war. They’re fighting like hell to claw back over the faux outage of CRT.

Last edited:
He is so so tired of having things shoved down his throat. Like the first 10 times, okay. The next 20, it's getting old. Now that it's well past 100 times things have been shoved down his throat, he's done.

His kids don't like the gay agenda, they don't like it. But there are 40 posters... (about what exactly who the F knows) and now his kids have no rights. Because that's how rights work, once you have 40 posters of something then you've lost all your rights. I mean he grew up with all sorts of kids that he was able to bully and make fun of and they never complained, he doesn't even know what's going on anymore. His kids don't even have the right to make fun of the gay kids anymore. He's done.
Right??? I mean… sigh.

As someone who works in education, it’s the most laughable thing to me to hear his whining. The kids most bullied at school (and at church), the kids most at risk of depression/suicide, the most at risk of being estranged from their family, ARE NOT the straight white (probably Mormon) kids. And mini LGBT flags on counselor doors doesn’t in any way indicate additional rights to gay kids and fewer rights to straight kids. Grow the **** up

Last edited:
mini LGBT flags on counselor doors doesn’t in any way indicate additional rights to gay kids
Depending on the flag, it could mean the opposite. Am I the only one who thinks the new pride flag looks like the white, pink & blue representing trans people, along with brown and black representing Indigenous and Black people, were taking a look at the old rainbow gay pride flag and said "That is a nice flag you've got there, we're taking it. Don't mind us while we plow you gays off your own flag to take over the center of your movement."
image6

Depending on the flag, it could mean the opposite. Am I the only one who thinks the new pride flag looks like the white, pink & blue representing trans people, along with brown and black representing Indigenous and Black people, were taking a look at the old rainbow gay pride flag and said "That is a nice flag you've got there, we're taking it. Don't mind us while we plow you gays off your own flag to take over the center of your movement."
image6
Brown and black more like represent asexual and aromantic people, respectively. At least, so my children informs me.

You may have noticed that in LGBT, the "T" is for trans. They've been in the movement for a long time.

This is the same guy. Give this guy the electric chair. I hate it when people do this **** to the mountains. This is so much more offensive than rainbow flags. And yet he has the nerve to claim that his kids don’t have any rights anymore?

Yep. It’s clearly a dog whistle.
I agree it is a dog whistle. I just think it is a dog whistle for the political left.

I'm going to see if I can find a good source for transcripts over the past year to do some data mining. I know that CRT has been mentioned a lot on FoxNews but I'd bet it has been mentioned more over the past year on CNN, MSNBC, etc. If you go back and look at the election night coverage on the various channels, racism, CRT, and the like were almost all they talked about on left leaning media.

It would be interesting to have the regular posters do a political compass test here on JazzFanz, and map the mentions of CRT, racism, etc, to user's political compass maps. I would bet money that users on the political left like The Thiller bring it up far more than right-wing users like Hax0rs.

It's weird af to me how fixed people are with the color
I understand it’s important to understand the past and I agree minor
@Gameface Welcome back, brother.

To me its pretty simple. CRT is just another way of saying "Systemic Racism exists".

I'm not into the culture war BS that conservatives try to draw our society into, so I don't think it's worth my time arguing against.

Systemic Racism exists and we need to find ways to counteract it. That's it.
I love this guy.

Yep. It’s clearly a dog whistle.

“…the past half-century of American political history shows that racially coded attacks are how Republicans have been winning elections for decades, from Richard Nixon’s “law and order” campaign to Ronald Reagan’s “welfare queens” and George H.W. Bush’s Willie Horton ad. Many of these campaigns were masterminded by the strategist Lee Atwater, who in 1981 offered a blunt explanation: Being overtly racist backfires, he noted, “so you say stuff like forced busing, states’ rights and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract.” C.R.T. is straight out of the Atwater playbook”.