What's new

What is Rudy's actual worth?

A contract with an average of 30 to 33 million per year on a 4 year contract would go down really comfortable to me, a fifth year would feel some way more risky in terms of ageing and injuries, would feel better with it if needed to secure the deal if being partially guaranteed or (maybe and) came with both sides getting a ETO. From beyond 33 to 35 mi per year would fell like a slight overpay, but a pretty much doable one. North of that is where id start feel uncomfortable.

For any value, years, options and bonuses, just frontload It, as much as posible. Even with covid it's still an expanding cap (even if at a slower rate than before covid and Morey vs China), even If the arenas could not be full for the entirety of this season, the vaccines sure should be a reality once 21/22 season kicks in, and we'll much hardly not be in the tax anyway when Mitchell and Rudy (considering he gets his payday here) new contracts kicks in.

Does Gobert make a team better as the #1? Laughable at best. Come on now. This is getting ridiculous.
Gobert far and away had more success with the jazz than Davis did with NO. Gobert still thinks he can win with Utah, where as Davis bailed NO. because he knew he couldn’t. Yes, Davis is an elite offensive player, but he doesn’t change a game like Gobert does, and don’t even try to argue that fact, he’ll even Favors outplayed him several times.

He's dominated in the playoffs. He averages 30 ppg on 55% shooting and is still young. NOP didn't have enough support for him to win. His first playoffs the next best players were Tyreke and Eric Gordon, those are nice players but that team was not good, without him they are competing for a top pick in the draft. You need 2 or 3 stars to win. At 21 he lost to the champs but played extremely well. The next playoffs he carried his team to upset Portland and lost to the champions GS. His 3rd playoffs he won the championship when he got 1 other player to help carry the load. I like Gobert, but Davis is better.

Gobert has had better teams around him in the playoffs until this year.
Not enough talent to contend, but certainly enough to do more than barely limp in as an 8th seed, hell those teams were fare more talented than the Hayward teams at least on the same level

Not enough talent to contend, but certainly enough to do more than barely limp in as an 8th seed, hell those teams were fare more talented than the Hayward teams at least on the same level
No, they far exceeded expectations because a 21 year old Davis played extremely well. Lol at you thinking a 21 year old should carry a team with no depth and only a couple players worthy of starting further.

How long has it been since there was a big to come into the league who had elite defense like Gobert, where they could have Goberts defense, and little offense and be as disruptive as Gobert, maybe Ben Wallace, maybe? Davis doesn’t even come close to Gobert at defense, and Davis’s offense isn’t anywhere close to as dominant as Rudy’s defense. It’s special!! Rudy is plain better than Davis because of his defense, but because he doesn’t create his own offense he’s overlooked badly I might add

No, they far exceeded expectations because a 21 year old Davis played extremely well. Lol at you thinking a 21 year old should carry a team with no depth and only a couple players worthy of starting further.
Just stop it. In his age 25 year when he played he had 25 wins and 31 losses that team had more than enough talent.

He routinely got owned by Favors. Rudy is better, live with it.

Just stop it. In his age 25 year when he played he had 25 wins and 31 losses that team had more than enough talent.

He routinely got owned by Favors. Rudy is better, live with it.
Lol, Gobert has easily had better teams. Who's he had better than Mitchell? Then we can keep going through the roster.

It's okay, you're a homer no blame in that.

Gobert is a better defender though. Although Davis is a decent defender.

Lol, Gobert has easily had better teams. Who's he had better than Mitchell? Then we can keep going through the roster.
Gobert got to the second round with an old school 4 a pg that can’t shoot and a rookie DM.

He also got to the second round with Gordon ****ing Hayward. Enough said

I don't think the Lakers win a championship this year if you swap Gobert for Davis. At the very least it's a little harder path and LeBron has to do a lot more.

I don't think the Lakers win a championship this year if you swap Gobert for Davis. At the very least it's a little harder path and LeBron has to do a lot more.
I agree. LeBron is a facilitator who can score. He needs that scorer to complete what they want to do. Rudy wouldn't provide that. In this most recent playoffs, the Lakers found themselves sitting both McGee and Dwight because AD provided enough defense while being an absolute beast on the offensive end.

AD is the perfect big man for the modern era. He can score on all levels while also being a top 5 DPOY guy. The only knock on him is his health.

Saying Rudy is better than AD is homerism at its finest.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert got to the second round with an old school 4 a pg that can’t shoot and a rookie DM.

He also got to the second round with Gordon ****ing Hayward. Enough said

C'mon, rookie DM was playing spectacular in that series and while Hayward is a douchebag he was an allstar level player back than.

The underrating of AD in this thread is criminal. Let's see, top 5 in scoring, and runner-up DPOY. Multiple seasons like this. If you swapped AD and Gobert this very season we would instantly be among the top 3 favorites to win it all, rather than staring down 4-6 in the west.

AD got max Lakers can give
True. And even though he could have held out, signed a short deal, and extended for much bigger, he decided to lock in the deal. He did that because even he is worried about the unknown and potential future injuries. I think he also signed that deal because he is happy at LA and knows its enough money while they contend.

It goes back to my point that signing bigs approaching 30 is extremely dangerous. Its very easy to overpay them since injuries can wreck them in a hurry. The decline of a big man's effect on the game can be sharp.

Gobert is a limited big who says he wants to win a title here. His people should sign a fair deal and move on. If he expects so much that we trade him or even risk losing him for nothing, what a waste. Its on him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

So....anyone hear about this $190M contract extension that Paul George is signing with the Clippers ?
Double edged sword for the Jazz. The positive is that the Clippers just signed an awful contract that will limit their team building capabilities. The negative is that Rudy is significantly better than George Paul and he probably thinks he should be paid more