What's new

What is your thermostat set at?

My wife controls the thermostat and is one battle I choose not to worry about. I'm pretty sure we are set to about 72 year round.

If it was up to me we'd be at 78 in the Summer and 68 in the Winter. I'm cheap and can be comfortable in a wider range of temperatures I guess.

My wife controls the thermostat and is one battle I choose not to worry about. I'm pretty sure we are set to about 72 year round.

If it was up to me we'd be at 78 in the Summer and 68 in the Winter. I'm cheap and can be comfortable in a wider range of temperatures I guess.

Me too. In summer i just dont wear much clothes and in winter I put more clothes on.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

**** it. I’m setting mine at 66 at night from now on. Could get my youngest to bed more quickly.

Last edited:
Another great thing about old furnaces and air conditioners is how often they freeze up. 112 outside, 92 in the house, damn thing frozen in a brick of ice. And the path is clear, new filter, recently cleaned out vents/fins inside the AC unit, cleaned out the filters on the condenser/heat exchanger outside. It is just so ****ing hot, and it's old, so it won't flow right and so it all freezes up. So we run it on fan only for an hour and half, take the dog, and get the **** out of dodge somewhere in the AC in the car until the house AC is working again. Gotta love it.

75 in the summer. 72 in the winter. We also have ceiling fans in every bedroom to circulate the air. Occasionally I’ll turn it cooler if I’m feeling hot at night. I’be been on prednisone and a muscle relaxer for the last week. I don’t know which one it is, but something has made me sweat my nuts off in bed this week. The AC has been lower this week.

75 in the summer. 72 in the winter. We also have ceiling fans in every bedroom to circulate the air. Occasionally I’ll turn it cooler if I’m feeling hot at night. I’be been on prednisone and a muscle relaxer for the last week. I don’t know which one it is, but something has made me sweat my nuts off in bed this week. The AC has been lower this week.
It's the Prednisone.

I just got off Prednisone last week, and my sleep has improved 100%. Pain levels are higher, but I'd rather take the sleep. It really screwed with my body temperature, and in this 100 degree heat it was torture.

My 84yo mother is always freezing and wants the thermostat on 80. I want it on 72. We compromise at 76 and are both miserable. We have it at 72 at night, but I'd be more comfortable at 69-70.

My favorite thing now when I get a hotel room is to keep it at 68 degrees, just because I can without my mother complaining. It's pathetic.