What's new

What Jan Vesely?

Justys

Chad Ford: Jazz (at No. 3) & Raptors (at No. 5) both seriously considering drafting Vesely. From what I can gather, he helped his chances today. about 14 minutes ago

I don't know how I fell about this. Would it be Vesely and Jimmer then?

There's no way they take this guy at 3. I don't speak much in absolutes, but this is one of them.

He's my favorite Euro in the draft. I would have no qualms about him being drafted by the Jazz.

Just goes to show, our 12 pick AND 3rd pick are wide open. Makes for an exciting draft night!

Not sure on Vesely. From videos I've seen he seems too interested in "in your face" highlight dunks.
Would Corbin and Jazz want that? Jazz need outside shooting and he doesn't seem interested in that.

Not sure on Vesely. From videos I've seen he seems too interested in "in your face" highlight dunks.
Would Corbin and Jazz want that? Jazz need outside shooting and he doesn't seem interested in that.

F-yeah they want that!

Apparently he shot 36% from 3 in Euroleague.

Apparently he shot 36% from 3 in Euroleague.

On 28 shots. 44% from the FT line. In the Adriatic League he shot 28% from 3.

He is not a good shooter, and he's going to be significantly worse with a further 3-pt line and much better and more athletic defenses.

So far the reports are saying the Jazz are considering drafting pretty much anyone projected in the top 10 at #3.

I think whoever drafts him is going to pray he can develop his shooting, because if he does he will be a very good player. His open court dunking ability reminds me of Lebron. If he doesn't develop a shot though, he is going to have a rough time on any team that doesn't play him at PF in a fast paced offense.

Vesely shot 2/3 today from three which is very good, but then again he did shoot 2/6 from the free-throw line. Is it just me or could Hornacek help Vesely with his free-throw and three-point shooting?

Vesely shot 2/3 today from three which is very good, but then again he did shoot 2/6 from the free-throw line. Is it just me or could Hornacek help Vesely with his free-throw and three-point shooting?

He couldn't hurt, but lets not act like Hornacek is a miracle worker.

The reason the kid can't shoot is because he is 6-11. He's probably never been asked to shoot before he started playing pro. He just dunked on everybody(and he still is).

Here's the key though: After only one year he dramatically improved his 3 point shooting: 1 for 18 his first year and 12 for 30 this year. That is VERY encouraging.

First it means he's been working on it and second it means there is hope that he can continue to improve and add shooting to his arsenal.

The reason the kid can't shoot is because he is 6-11. He's probably never been asked to shoot before he started playing pro. He just dunked on everybody(and he still is).

Here's the key though: After only one year he dramatically improved his 3 point shooting: 1 for 18 his first year and 12 for 30 this year. That is VERY encouraging.

First it means he's been working on it and second it means there is hope that he can continue to improve and add shooting to his arsenal.

Maybe, but European coaches seem to put emphasis on developing every players shooting. If his FT shooting was better, I would be more inclined to root for picking him, but its just gross how bad it is.

Maybe, but European coaches seem to put emphasis on developing every players shooting. If his FT shooting was better, I would be more inclined to root for picking him, but its just gross how bad it is.

Yeah, I really don't understand the free throws thing. If you are that athletic and coordinated to dunk it like that, why can't you shoot 65% on free throws? Not the worst thing to be bad at I guess. Relative to other aspects of basketball, it's easy to improve.

Yeah, I really don't understand the free throws thing. If you are that athletic and coordinated to dunk it like that, why can't you shoot 65% on free throws? Not the worst thing to be bad at I guess. Relative to other aspects of basketball, it's easy to improve.

It should be, unless there is a huge kink in his FT mechanics (like Shaq), but Ive seen him shoot and it doesn't look as bad as the %'s suggest.

Is he more athletic than Jeremy Evans? I am sure he would be a better pro but his highlights look very similar to Evans'.