What's new

What NBA Players Are Underrated And Are Set For a Breakout Season?

Didn't look good. That's rough, a big setback for him and the spurs. Opportunity for Derrick White who I liked coming out of Colorado, he's a good scorer but obviously no where near the defender Murray was.

Judging from last night(17p,9 reb, 4 blks) Jarrett Allen could breakout earlier than expected. I dont know who their coach is and how much he plans on playing him tho.

Judging from last night(17p,9 reb, 4 blks) Jarrett Allen could breakout earlier than expected. I dont know who their coach is and how much he plans on playing him tho.
He looked pretty good, but his weakness was exposed the game before.

I'm not sure if anyone has said Josh Richardson, but he's putting up pretty good stats. Smart move to hang up on Thib when asked to include him. I haven't seen him play this year - is he as good as his boxscores show? Is he a potential all star caliber player?

It's kinda weird to think about, but I think Fultz and Ball can be on this list. They were, for many, highly overrated and underachieved. Fultz looks pretty smooth so far and has some swag and Ball gets to play with James. I actually like Ball's game for the most part. If he can learn to shoot and not be so passive, he could be really good.

I've never seen anything like what I saw with Fultz and Philly fans last night - now that I think about it, I have. Every time he touched the ball the crowd cheered like it was Kobe's last game and wanted him to shoot. It was actually pretty awesome to see that sort of support for him, and he needed it. When he hit his three, the haurs on my neck stood up and was kind of emotional. He has a lot of potential so I'm glad, Philly, out of all places are giving him unbelievable support.

Gawd, I love this game.

Some good names above I agree with. I'm going to go with John Collins, Jordan Bell, and my super darkhorse is Ivika Zubac.

When Zubac was drafted there was this one guy who has some sort of metric with a track history of being correct who said he was the best deal or something like that of the draft. I'll have to try to find it online - I've always liked Zubac. He looks like a big kid and will dunk on the meanest looking guy in NBA's face.

Dare I say undrafted rookie Allonzo Trier?

My old draft posts have me talking up Trier the past two drafts. I was probably the only one loving his game. He's a total 3 & D guy.

But I came to this thread to say something I never thought I'd say... "Stauskas is averaging 24 PPG for the Blazers...."

Stauskas! And Burke scored 15 for the Knicks. LeVert dropped 27 for the Nets. This means a Mitch McGary comeback is bound to happen! :D

When Zubac was drafted there was this one guy who has some sort of metric with a track history of being correct who said he was the best deal or something like that of the draft. I'll have to try to find it online - I've always liked Zubac. He looks like a big kid and will dunk on the meanest looking guy in NBA's face.
I know seattle jazz fan was really high on zubac

Is that good? Doesnt seem all that good.
A point every three minutes isn't good? Yeah, it ain't Curry numbers, but for a 48 minute game that would be 16 points. You get 16 points a game (especially from somebody on the tail end of their career) and you don't think that's good?

A point every three minutes isn't good? Yeah, it ain't Curry numbers, but for a 48 minute game that would be 16 points. You get 16 points a game (especially from somebody on the tail end of their career) and you don't think that's good?

Give some example of other players who score 16 points per 48 minutes for comparison.

I dont think its good. At all. Raul neto averages just over 16 points per 48 minutes btw.

Give some example of other players who score 16 points per 48 minutes for comparison.

I dont think its good. At all.
Chris Paul.

That was easy. Right off the top of my head I got that one. Now tell me that Chris Paul, I'll use your words, "isn't good at all"

Hey, fishonjazz, (and I'll use the very words of Chris Paul) "maybe this basketball stuff ain't for you."
(Chris Paul said that to female ref Lauren Holtkamp. I feel I have to tell you that because you've made it clear you don't know much about basketball.)