What's new

What position should Favors play long term?

What position should Favors play long term?

• Total voters
Have you not seen Favors splashing the midrange this year? I have to rub my eyes and pinch myself each game to make sure that isn't Richard Hamilton out there instead of Favors

It's not his offensive skill set that I'm worried about, it's whether or not he can run around and chase quicker SFs. He just isn't that mobile, let's be honest.

Julius Randle?

He'll never play SF in this league, let's not kid ourselves.

i3B3HIa.gif

Mark my words. As soon as favors moves to small forward, he will be starting all star games at the three. Screw kawhi Leonard. He hasn't had to guard favors yet.

I think that Favors is only average as a defensive Center, but could be above average as a defensive power forward. As far as offense, I think he would do better if teams were forced to guard him with their PF, and he could take them low than with their bigger Centers, where he is often overpowered (see clippers game). He should lose weight to get quicker for players like Love, griffin, Aldridge, but he'd be much better with them guarding him than Varejao, Jordan and Lopez. I also think that Rudy is the future as rim protector for this team.

This does leave a problem offensively, but I think that Favors range will continue to extend, he is only 23 after all.

It's strange now how PFs are supposed to shoot out to the 3-pt line. The league has sure changed in the past 5 - 7 years. Otherwise, Favors is like a slower, less explosive version of Amare Stoudemire.

It's strange now how PFs are supposed to shoot out to the 3-pt line. The league has sure changed in the past 5 - 7 years. Otherwise, Favors is like a slower, less explosive version of Amare Stoudemire.

We wouldn't need a stretch 4 so bad if our guards actually shot like guards are supposed to. Dante, Burke, Burks, even Neto are all not lights out shooters.

Favors needs to develop a consistent jumper first. If he had a nice jumper he could be LaMarcus Aldridge-good offensively.

Favors needs to develop a consistent jumper first. If he had a nice jumper he could be LaMarcus Aldridge-good offensively.

In my estimation his jumper was a lot better this year and my point is if this year is a throwaway-developing year anyway, why not try him at that position offensively? Before he was made to play the C position full-time he was slimmer and was a lot more mobile IIRC.

In my estimation his jumper was a lot better this year and my point is if this year is a throwaway-developing year anyway, why not try him at that position offensively? Before he was made to play the C position full-time he was slimmer and was a lot more mobile IIRC.

He still needs to improve his shot. But with Gobert being solid on defense I would prefer to see Favors at the PF position and Kanter coming off the bench.

He still needs to improve his shot. But with Gobert being solid on defense I would prefer to see Favors at the PF position and Kanter coming off the bench.

Yup - that's EXACTLY why I started this thread - to demonstrate that this can be done!!!

I was going to say, an ideal situation would be for Favors to start at PF and play center with the 2nd unit. So he'd be part of a 3-man rotation at PF/C. It's just that certain 7-foot centers wear him down. If the Jazz had a stretch-5 playing with Favors, that would be pretty cool.

Even once Kanter's been playing PF for the team, spacing is still suspect on the offense. So i do not think it's a good idea to make a combo of Gobert and Favs. If you wanna try it, you gotta play two sharp shooters for the wings. Burks gotta come off the bench and Ingles, Hayward must play gather as starters. Favs has got advantages and disadvantages for his new position as a C. Yeap he's a lil bit undersized for a C in the NBA but has got quickness in either pnr positions or driving lanes. So i do not think we lose his scoring as much as it's been thought. The disadvantage part is to be able to defend really C's as Howard, Pekovic, Marc Gasol etc but not so much C's are able to defend them either. Also Gobert's good to come off the bench and not ready to play as a starter. It's for sure he's gonna foul out in every match in this scenario. The rotation is just good for now for the bigs except Kanter and Booker. Kanter's gotta play more and Booker must be playing less to the recent performances.