What's new

What Price Should the Jazz Extend THT?

I am pretty sure you know this, but extending him for that much is not possible. His max starting salary on an extension is just over $15 million next year. We have to wait until the off season when his contract has expired and use our cap space to give him more.
No, I'm CBA illiterate

If you had been watching you’d know he was trying… I mean he’s got a max contract riding on his preseason performance.
This. He was playing hard. Just bad. He was very frustrated too. He cared. Which is good imo.

The Rockets were also in touch with Utah on deal structures that would have sent Talen Horton-Tucker to Houston, sources said. The Jazz have seen continued progress from former No. 5 pick Kris Dunn — who’s found somewhat of a resurgence in Salt Lake City — and would like to afford plenty of opportunity for 2023 first-round selection Keyonte George to handle the controls of Utah’s offense, as well.

Another huge factor: THT will be 23 when his next contract starts. If you get him on a steal like 20 million per year, he can be the headliner in a star trade. Teams would love to start a rebuild with a 23/24 year old rising star like THT.
Lol, rising star and a steal at 20million. Thanks for the laugh. How about waiting for one good productive season starting before we start calling him a rising star.