What's new

What Price Should the Jazz Extend THT?

Unfortunately no one will take him right now in a trade. He will finish the season with us and leave as a Ufa. We are not going to pay him what he wants to be our 3rd string pg

There are many people who debate analytics vs. eye test and there are a couple of those discussions going on mildly in other threads, but my bigger concern is that for whatever camp people find themselves in, there’s always these guys that crop up that defy both, having neither analytics nor an eye test in their favor, and yet there’s a critical mass of undercurrent believing there’s something there. It’s maybe a handful of plays or highlights that get people sniffing the potential fumes but there’s absolutely nothing of concrete substance that can be pointed to for hope. How was THT ever there? Was it that the LA hype machine pounced on him, LeBron gushing on him, then refusing to include him in important deals? All of these peripherals drive this undercurrent but it’s so far removed from any observable reality. I think of guys like Darius Miles or Dante Exum.

The kicker is that this is not hindsight. This isn’t after getting to see him for nearly 1.5 seasons. This was evident the moment we traded an expiring deal to acquire his second year on his contract.

Unfortunately no one will take him right now in a trade. He will finish the season with us and leave as a Ufa. We are not going to pay him what he wants to be our 3rd string pg
Are you a moron? You can easily trade him. He's a 10 million dollar expiring salary. He's the perfect building block for any trade.

I doubt he's worth being brought back as a 3rd string at a vet min contract

He actually could be very valuable as a decent sized expiring contract.

So it turns out that the Jazz (or Hardy at least) does see THT on par with Sexton. But it also turns out that Sexton is nowhere close to a value deal. So yeah, not a good reference point for a THT deal lol.

So it turns out that the Jazz (or Hardy at least) does see THT on par with Sexton. But it also turns out that Sexton is nowhere close to a value deal. So yeah, not a good reference point for a THT deal lol.

When your agent is Rich Paul you get unwarranted playing time.

If this is true, and I agree that it is, then he shouldn't play anymore. Give his minutes to ochai and sensabaugh.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Are you a moron? You can easily trade him. He's a 10 million dollar expiring salary. He's the perfect building block for any trade.
Not sure that poster deserved to be called a moron for that post.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk