What's new

What salary would you give to George Hill for the next season?

What salary would you give to George Hill for the next season ?

• 26M or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 23-25M

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 20-22M

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 17-19M

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • 14-16M

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 11-13M

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • 10M or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • There's no need to keep George Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Piso

Contract 2017-18
Gobert.......21,224,719
Favors.......12,000,000
Burks........10,595,506
Johnson......10,505,000
Diaw..........7,500,000..Unguaranteed
Exum..........4,992,384
Lyles.........2,441,400
Hood..........2,386,864
Neto..........1,014,746
Bolomboy..905,249
Total :......73,565,868

Free agency :
Hayward, Hill, Ingles, Mack, Withey

Possible Strategy (salary cap 101M - luxury tax 121M)
Waive Diaw, trade Burks for nothing (+eventually draft pick) : 73.5-18= 55.5M
Sign Hayward + Ingles : 35-40M
Sign 5 players (10M for salary cap - 30M for luxury cap) : Hill ? Mack ? Withey ?

Last edited:
I wouldn't give him anything. Do you know how much I make? If he's willing to clean my house, I'll pay him $35 an hour.

12m tops. He is a good player, but what kind of commitment has he shown the team so far? He has been out way too many games to be worth more than that, plus his series vs chris paul showed how big of a gap he is between himself and the elite.

12m tops. He is a good player, but what kind of commitment has he shown the team so far? He has been out way too many games to be worth more than that, plus his series vs chris paul showed how big of a gap he is between himself and the elite.

you are truly a muppet in more ways than one. it's not easy being green, nor is it easy being a moron.

If I was GM it would be totally dependent upon the other offseason moves I could make. In some scenarios he wouldn't be back. But in the scenarios where I would try to get him back, no more than 20 million and no more than 3 years (I would be more comfortable with 2 years)

Hill is schizophereniac if he see himself above 15 m p/year, especially with his injury problems this year. He is just a decent starter, nowhere near allstar. And i wouldnt give more than 12-13 m.
And instead of giving him this money i would give 20 to an allstar and actually have a chance to push deeper in playoffs next season.

I'd slightly overpay in the 17 million dollar region. If he doesn't accept have a great life buddy.

I wouldn't give him anything. Do you know how much I make? If he's willing to clean my house, I'll pay him $35 an hour.
House cleaning isn't easy...it involves bending over to scrub floors which places tremendous stress on your toes. Hill not qualified.

id like george hill back. He's a great player. Who else could we even get? got to bite the bullet.

Turf toe? For 20 games this season? Nah, try again bro. YOU called me a moron, and I asked YOU to defend George hill. So, go.

Sent from my SM-N915V using JazzFanz mobile app

ok .. you are a moron because you have no particular knowledge of this injury or how debilitating it can be to an athlete involved in a sport where there is sudden stopping and starting and heavy impact. This isn't just a "sore toe"... this is something that completely will negate the effectiveness of someone playing his position in the NBA. He has EVERYTHING to play for in his contract year and hasn't ever been regarded as anything but an upstanding player and teammate in the NBA. As far as your green felt head goes, he's probably played in a bunch of games with a ****load of painkillers and exposed himself to further long term injury until it's become clear to the coaching staff and himself that he just can't be effective.

Now Kermit... YOU justify what you base his "lack of commitment to the team" is ?? based on your knowledge of specifics of his injury ?? so .. you go .. put up or stfu

12m wouldn't get you a donut and a cup of coffee in today's NBA .....

Well it really depends on his health but I worry about him after we sign Hayward. I wouldn't go over 15 million.

Should we just go after Teague instead? He's two years younger, knows Quin and had a really good year. Just don't know how he is on defense.