What's new

What should we do next year?

What should we do next year?

• Trade one of Kanter/Favors for potential star (Bledsoe? Wall? Lillard?), tank, get a pick in '14

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Make championship-oriented decisions in the office and on the bench and stop bull-****ting everyone.

I can't tell if Corbin is a lousy coach because we don't have a multi-talented PG.

My inclination is to say we need a good PG, and we need a better coach. Then we'll have the framework to add more players that make sense with one another.

Jazz need to replace Marvin Williams in the starting line-up with someone more talented offensively. I'm not sure Foye sticks around tbh. Several teams are going to make offers to Millsap. Al will be the "consolation prize" for the team that doesn't get Howard or Bynum, assuming anyone would give Bynum money at this point.

So--we'll lose Foye, Jefferson and Millsap in all likelihood. Marvin probably re-ups.

Yeah, next year is probably going to be lean, putting us in the lottery in '14.

I can't tell if Corbin is a lousy coach because we don't have a multi-talented PG.

My inclination is to say we need a good PG, and we need a better coach. Then we'll have the framework to add more players that make sense with one another.

Jazz need to replace Marvin Williams in the starting line-up with someone more talented offensively. I'm not sure Foye sticks around tbh. Several teams are going to make offers to Millsap. Al will be the "consolation prize" for the team that doesn't get Howard or Bynum, assuming anyone would give Bynum money at this point.

So--we'll lose Foye, Jefferson and Millsap in all likelihood. Marvin probably re-ups.

PKM assured us there is a healthy dose of PG talent in '14.

Dutch - please explain yourself - why did you vote "Sign Big Al & play for the playoffs" ??

cus that is good fo the bottom line right?
al is the only thing keeping the jazz alive.
if it wasnt for al.
utah jazz would have been losing money and sold to las vegas.
las vegas jazz

I guess an argument can be made that:

- OK we could have given away Millsap
- But we're still stuck with Big Al and his huge contract

So it was financially more prudent to try and win as many games as possible while we're paying for Big Al's contracts.

But this summer will be a different situation (i.e., both Millsap & Big Al contracts off the books) so we're able to "tank" as our baseline cost will likely be pretty low.

Hotlocke

Just ask him- he won't deny it.

Free Enes and Derrick and Alec and Gordon and Jero and Demarre!......

I like this forum. They like excitement and want to see what the youngsters can become as soon as possible.

My hope for this summer:

Let Al, Watson, Tinsley and Millsap walk.

Pray that Marvin leaves (won't happen).

Sign Mo and Calderon to similar contracts (5-6 million each).

Resign the junkyard dawg, Carroll to a 4 year, 10-12 million deal.

Bring two of the following: Hickson, Landry, Aaron Gray, Turiaf, Maxiel,

So far, this gives us:

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
DeMare, Hayward, Williams
Hickson, Gray, Evans
Favors, Kanter

This would be a solid team, one that would be fun to watch, and a team, with the right coach, that could compete for the playoffs.

The only problem with this team, is it still lacks "that guy."

Hopefully they would be fun to watch next year, but fall a little short, get a little lucky in the lottery, and end up with "that guy".

Could you imagine a team like this:

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
SuperSTAR, Carroll, Hayward
Kanter, Hickson,
Favors, Gray

in two year? That would be an amazing team and a title contender. And it would also have ASSETS that you could actually trade something of value for.

My hope for this summer:

So far, this gives us:

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
Hickson, Gray, Evans
Favors, Kanter

This would be a solid team, one that would be fun to watch, and a team, with the right coach, that could compete for the playoffs.

Hopefully they would be fun to watch next year, but fall a little short, get a little lucky in the lottery, and end up with "that guy".

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
Kanter, Hickson,
Favors, Gray

in two year? That would be an amazing team and a title contender. And it would also have ASSETS that you could actually trade something of value for.

I have the same hope!! Except I prefer Landry over Hickson....

My hope for this summer:

So far, this gives us:

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
Hickson, Gray, Evans
Favors, Kanter

Calderon, Mo, Burks
Hayward, Burks, Murphy
Kanter, Hickson,
Favors, Gray

Calderon is a defensive liability. Mo is a chucker.

No hope of any team with those two getting us a title. We need to reset and grab a new PG talent. Count me out.

Calderon is a defensive liability. Mo is a chucker.

No hope of any team with those two getting us a title. We need to reset and grab a new PG talent. Count me out.

What pg will you grab? You can't knock it without giving a better idea. And, please, don't say draft a pg. Who is out there in the draft that is better than Calderon right now? No one.

Even if you think you have a pg that will be better than Calderon, if you can get Calderon for 5 million, Mo for 5 million and draft a young pg, you would be crazy not to.

Also, Mo is a chucker. That is why you are bringing him back. He is an asset if used properly. He can play backup pg minutes, he can play as a sg, he can help you win games.

If you can have Foye, Mo, or Korver for 5 million, which do you take? I take Mo, because he is the most versatile and can do the most.