What's new

What Would it Take to Get Caruso?

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
I've read somewhere that it would take 2 first for the Bulls to consider trading Caruso.

And that might seem like a lot on face value, but is it really?

Caruso is the perfect fit for this Jazz team, especially if you are in the camp that thinks Sexton is a future top 3 option while this team enters it's championship ambitions phase. He would give us every single positive Dunn gives us, but better with offense/shooting to boot. Getting Caruso is the literal definition of building around Sexton IMO.

IMO the Jazz should be very aggressive pursuing Caruso.

Look for a trade for Clarkson with the intention of using the pieces gained from a Clarkson trade (Quentin Grimes?) to put towards a Bulls trade. Combine those pieces with one of the Jazz's Minny/Cavs/Lakers picks and get Caruso. Throw in THT for salary matching (also a Chicago native) and take back a contract to make it financially incentivized for the Bulls. Maybe the Bulls were high on Sensabaugh? If they need him to make the trade, do it.

I've read somewhere that it would take 2 first for the Bulls to consider trading Caruso.

And that might seem like a lot on face value, but is it really?

Caruso is the perfect fit for this Jazz team, especially if you are in the camp that thinks Sexton is a future top 3 option while this team enters it's championship ambitions phase. He would give us every single positive Dunn gives us, but better with offense/shooting to boot. Getting Caruso is the literal definition of building around Sexton IMO.

IMO the Jazz should be very aggressive pursuing Caruso.

Look for a trade for Clarkson with the intention of using the pieces gained from a Clarkson trade (Quentin Grimes?) to put towards a Bulls trade. Combine those pieces with one of the Jazz's Minny/Cavs/Lakers picks and get Caruso. Throw in THT for salary matching (also a Chicago native) and take back a contract to make it financially incentivized for the Bulls. Maybe the Bulls were high on Sensabaugh? If they need him to make the trade, do it.
Would you be willing to take Lonzo back in a deal to incentivize the Bulls a little more?

I think getting Caruso is a great idea and would make the jazz take a small leap forward.
If we do that then I think we have to trade Dunn too. We have a lot of dudes at the position already so we have to eliminate one or two if we are adding another I think

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Signing him in FA for a good deal, sure. Trading much for him, nah. He's fine but not a difference maker. He's a better shooter than Dunn but that's about it and I think he's worse in other ways.

I guess? I know like HH said there is some sort of number the Jazz need for the Lauri extension, but if it doesnt encumber that, why not?
We technically would only have to send out Clarkson to be able to take on Caruso + Ball. The Knicks send them Fournier’s expiring and they would save a ton of money this year and going forward.

Signing him in FA for a good deal, sure. Trading much for him, nah. He's fine but not a difference maker. He's a better shooter than Dunn but that's about it and I think he's worse in other ways.
Better shoot, better defender, more experience, can play off ball so you can start upping Sexton's PG responsibilities gradually, can make layups.

I love Caruso. They have basically been saying they won’t move him. I just don’t think I could pay the “make me move” price. I also think he may not have like 4-5 more good years with his age and the fact he already has a hard time staying on the court. Some of these types like him and Smart play so hard and with such wreckless abandon at times that it may end up shortening their prime.

5 years ago you could have got him for a bag of tacos and a van with free candy written on the side.

I love Caruso. They have basically been saying they won’t move him. I just don’t think I could pay the “make me move” price. I also think he may not have like 4-5 more good years with his age and the fact he already has a hard time staying on the court. Some of these types like him and Smart play so hard and with such wreckless abandon at times that it may end up shortening their prime.
I completely agree. I really like Caruso but I don't think he is exactly a difference maker for us at this point with this current roster. Then you could be looking at a decent chunk of change to retain him after next year he is at an age where it has a good chance of turning into bad money with his injury history and how hard he plays. As of now I think we are much better off retaining and collecting as much ammo as possible for a game changer type of player that may become available.

I completely agree. I really like Caruso but I don't think he is exactly a difference maker for us at this point with this current roster. Then you could be looking at a decent chunk of change to retain him after next year he is at an age where it has a good chance of turning into bad money with his injury history and how hard he plays. As of now I think we are much better off retaining and collecting as much ammo as possible for a game changer type of player that may become available.
I mean, how is he not a difference maker?

Take everything Dunn does and add in 42% 3pt shooting off C&S on volume. Also let's you shift Sexton to more PG responsibilities which we should look to do. Not saying make him a full-time PG, but Caruso gives you a guy that can give you flexibility with that transition.

Caruso is a quality rotation player on a good contract, but I expect better from 2 FRPs. A protected first yes, but not 2 picks from my perspective.

I'd love to have Caruso.

I see a lot of myself in Caruso, minus the basketball ability.

Caruso is a quality rotation player on a good contract, but I expect better from 2 FRPs. A protected first yes, but not 2 picks from my perspective.
I mean he's an elite defender who is now a high level 3pt shooter who can do some PG things. That's worth way more than a protected first

I mean he's an elite defender who is now a high level 3pt shooter who can do some PG things. That's worth way more than a protected first
I don't want to argue since Caruso is a solid player, but here is a sincere question. Do you think Caruso is worth more, less, or the same compared to Clarkson? I think less.