What's new

What would you do with AK's salaray next year?

Is Afflallo a restricted free agent? I would like to throw some money his way and make an offer if so.

Too many variables because of the new CBA, but under the current rules they wouldn't have that much flexibility. If next year was just like this year (it won't be), the Jazz would be at $62M (over the cap) with 10 players (assumes keeping CJ and the 2 lottery picks). That means they could only add significant players via MLE, trades and sign-and-trade deals using Bird rights. They'd only have $8M under the luxury tax to work with, so they couldn't sign AK at a discount ($5M) and use the MLE ($6M) without paying the tax again unless they cleared salary some other way.

But again, it's a moot point because the CBA will be different (and possibly even less flexible).

if harrison barnes was to enter the 2011 nba draft....what is utah jazz best option to move up to draft this kid this summer...what could they also give up along with the 6th pick. would acie law be another ok pick up this off season as a back up pg behind devin harris. because right now i just don't were this team is headed as of now. i would love to see utah go after either al thornton or what ever free agent for a decent cost.

I would offer AK a lowball offer and if he bites, great, if not he can go or we can sign and trade.

Put a lot of money Afflalo's way. Wilson Chandler wouldn't be a bad 2nd choice.. both are restricted free agents in Denver. One of them's probably going to go one way or another.

Sign AK on the cheap.. cite his inability to play in 30% of games due to injury, and another 30% due to laziness, as to why he deserves a low ball offer.

Don't re-sign CJ.

Don't re-sign Price.

Trade/Waive Raja Bell.

Don't re-sign Fes.

Find another decent wing such as Mickael Pietrus that would accept partial MLE.

For ****s sake, don't sign another backup, "vet" or "combo" point guard. I've had enough of these bozos KOC brings in every damn season.

Draft the best player available, and find a way to move up into the draft to get a guy like Walker, Williams, Kyrie Irving, Barnes, Sullinger, etc.

i would offer a 30 million for 4 year contract

Waaayyyyyy too much and waaaayyyy too long for a player who appears to be on his last leg.

I say let him walk. I for one am tired of playing 4 on 5 out there on offense. Let him walk, give PT to Hayward and whoever else we draft/sign. We've seen what AK can do for us, and most of us didn't like it.

Let me check with the 30 other AK salary threads we've had over the past 30 days or so and I'll get right back to you...

Buy a Beemer. Yep. That's consensus.

Apparently, Cracking Beers! in the Beemer with Tha Tank is highly encouraged too.

I can't believe another thread is needed to discuss bringing back AK. I still can't believe why anyone would want him back. The guy has been average pretty much his whole career except for a couple of years when he was the energize bunny. Those days are over and I hope the Jazz are not crazy enough to pay the guy one more dime. Its time to rebuild and bring in talent that actually likes playing the game of basketball. Besides with all the draft picks and young players why waste money on a guy who is over 30 and has a history of injuries.

Waaayyyyyy too much and waaaayyyy too long for a player who appears to be on his last leg.

I say let him walk. I for one am tired of playing 4 on 5 out there on offense. Let him walk, give PT to Hayward and whoever else we draft/sign. We've seen what AK can do for us, and most of us didn't like it.

U can play hayward and ak together, and i think its the only way to keep AK, there are lots of desperate teams in this league to give him 9-10 a year
If we draft a guy like terrence jones or leonard in this draft u can let him walk, but i would prefer to pick Enes kanter, brandon knight and keep kirilenko, so we will recover in shorter time

Well since the Jazz well basicly be at the cap were it is this year without his contract on the Books. Nothing. Because the money is pretty much already spent.

I'm as big an AK fan as there is, but after another disappointing injury-laden season, the best I would offer him is a 2-year contract for 6 million.