What's new

What would you give up for Kristaps Porzingis? (or take on)

Chargers Jazz Angels

I was just reading an article about teams looking to trade for Kyrie Irving. One of the mentioned destinations is the NY KNicks. The cavs want Porzs and the Knicks want the cavs to also take on the awful contract of Noah.

I was wondering what Jazz Fanz would be will to give up and or take on to get Porzs in a Jazz uni.

Would you give up anyone not named Gobert? Including DM?
Would you be willing to take back Noah and other bad contracts?
Would you be willing to do a minor rebuild and give up a big chunk of the roster to pair POrz and Gobert together?

I was just curious because the Jazz could give up more talent to the Knicks then just giving them Irving. However Boston could still offer the most.

Tell me what you think.

I was just reading an article about teams looking to trade for Kyrie Irving. One of the mentioned destinations is the NY KNicks. The cavs want Porzs and the Knicks want the cavs to also take on the awful contract of Noah.

I was wondering what Jazz Fanz would be will to give up and or take on to get Porzs in a Jazz uni.

Would you be willing to do a minor rebuild and give up a big chunk of the roster to pair POrz and Gobert together?

I was just curious because the Jazz could give up more talent to the Knicks then just giving them Irving. However Boston could still offer the most.

Tell me what you think.

Would you give up anyone not named Gobert? Including DM? --> Yes

Would you be willing to take back Noah and other bad contracts? --> Yes, but...

Would you be willing to do a minor rebuild and give up a big chunk of the roster to pair POrz and Gobert together? --> Yes, but...

I answered "Yes, but" for the last two, because I think I'd be willing to do one or the other, but not both. Also, it depends how much a "big chunk of the roster" is. If they want Exum, Hood, Ingles, Rubio, and Mitchell, then that's too much. But I'd do a trade involving two of those players, and possibly three.

No idea which of these ideas are possible from a salary cap standpoint, don't have time to look at that right now.

Knicks are - perhaps - considering trading Porzingis plus a huge dead contract for s FRANCHISE player. Jazz have no one outside of Gobert that would convince NY to do a trade with the Jazz instead of a deal for Irving.

And if the Irving deal doesn't happen, they'll gladly keep Porzingis (as they should, IMO).

Tell me what you think.
Pretty much anything other than rudy.
I'm probably higher on porz than most though.

Knicks are - perhaps - considering trading Porzingis plus a huge dead contract for s FRANCHISE player. Jazz have no one outside of Gobert that would convince NY to do a trade with the Jazz instead of a deal for Irving.

And if the Irving deal doesn't happen, they'll gladly keep Porzingis (as they should, IMO).
Agreed

I would give up anyone not named Rudy, and throw in a dead thoroughly-beaten horse.

I wouldn't put it past Porz to come to Utah after his contract. He isn't going to sign an extension with the Knicks and why not play Euroball with the all INTL NBA team: The Utah Jazz. He has talked about wanting to play for a team with stability and that fits his style.

I think that DL is going to convince a number of great free agents that Utah is the best destination. Just watch.

PS. The Knicks aren't trading Porzingis UNLESS they get back Kyrie. They didn't trade him before because Phil Jackson was fired before he could. They are keeping him... UNLESS... they get back a key piece like a Kyrie Irving. The Jazz could potentially do a trade around DM, but I bet we overvalue him and the Knicks undervalue him. Management would get shot on time square if they did that. The Jazz wouldn't be the best trade partner other than I could see Porz happy to come here. The Knicks can get more elsewhere, so barring a OKCesque steal such as Favors, Burks, and Tony Bradley for Porz and Noah (ain't happening folks) just wait until he's an restricted FA.

I'd give DM in a heartbeat. Come on now.

Anyone but Rudy.

Anyone but Rudy.
**** Ya. Wouldn't think twice about giving up Donovan for porz

Problem with Kris is that having 2 7'2+ guys on the court at the same time doesn't promise much success these days. It would be an interesting fit for teams, but I fear they'd find solutions

Tell me what you think.

I would give up anyone not named Mitchell or Gobert but even Mitchell and Gobert wouldn't be enough so let's end this convo.

Anyone but Rudy.

Not DM. Say it Ain't so, Siro... say it ain't so...

For all the people on here saying they'd give up Mitchell for the Latvian Gangbanger... I will be trolling you hard when Mitchell makes his ascent into the glittering/shiny stratosphere of NBA demigods.

Eat crow and jump in a lake, bitches! (Back me up on this one revolution 9... make up for that time you negg'd me for pumping the brakes on the Mitchell hype train haha)

Not DM. Say it Ain't so, Siro... say it ain't so...

For all the people on here saying they'd give up Mitchell for the Latvian Gangbanger... I will be trolling you hard when Mitchell makes his ascent into the glittering/shiny stratosphere of NBA demigods.

Eat crow and jump in a lake, bitches! (Back me up on this one revolution 9... make up for that time you negg'd me for pumping the brakes on the Mitchell hype train haha)

I think Mitchell will be a good player, but IMO Poz will be a top 5 player in the league. A 7-2 player that can score from anywhere on the court. Post drive midrange and the deep ball, oh and he is elite rim protector. Two blocks per game and only allowed 42% shooting at the rim. So we have a guy u think will be a star. Porz is already half way there. Anyone dumb enough not to trade DM for Porz right now can eat the crow I'm serving up.