What's new

What's the coolest piece of memorabilia you have?

My wife worked for FHP and then Altius for 16 years and they have sponsored the tipoff since pre-1997, so my wife has had a ton of balls over the years(the ho). She does the tipoff then gives the balls to whatever client she brings. She has a cool photo of Jordan and Rodman walking up to her during pre game in the finals in 1998. Jordan's tongue is wagging. I have a John Stockton ball and a team ball from possibly 2008 or so. Can't even read almost all of the signatures on the team ball, it must have been near the end of the signing party.

Isn't that David Benoit's signature on the top right of the ball?

He wasn't on the 1998 team - you got ripped off dude.
Well...technically Scotsy said it was "before" the 1998 NBA Finals, he didn't say how much time "before" so it could be a signed ball from the 1995-96 season (Benoit played for the Jazz that year). LOL.

You're just learning now that parents lie?
Did they also tell you that you were their favorite child?

You always did struggle with your reading comprehension skills. I'll give you the chance to re-read my post to see if you can catch your error.

I have one of only twenty five Hall of Fame basketballs signed by Jerry Sloan. I got it while at his house, sitting in his office, talking about the old days of the NBA, what an *** hat DuhRon Williams was/is, laughing at thinly veiled racist jokes, and shaking our heads over how horrible David Locke is.

I am making none of this up.

About 12 or so years ago Fanzz was having their clearance sale up in Salt Lake around 2600 South and Redwood, or somewhere around there. Anyways we got there to get some cheap jerseys that had like a small hole or something else weird with it when we saw that they cleared out the Delta Center's backroom with a bunch of authentic game worn stuff.

For $10 each we got:

Game worn warmups:
Malone Top and Bottom
Mark Eaton pants
Raja Bell
Kirilenko's rookie year (911 flag and ribbon on it, got him to sign them)
Matt Harpring
Raoul Lopez
Sasha Pavlovic
x2 John stockton pants
Ricky Green
David Benoit

Game worn jersey:
Greg ostertag
DeShawn Stevenson
Byron Russell (signed)

Game worn shorts:
x3 Matt Harpring
Tom Gugiliotta
Kirilenko
Greg Foster
Carlos Arroyo
Raja Bell

And some practice jerseys we got for like $3 each:
Raja
Harpring
Arroyo
Kirilenko
Gugiliotta

There were a bag full of Karl Malone's unused sweatbands we snagged up for $1 each. I think we still have about 30 or so of them

Besides those I have a few signed team balls from then Boozer Played (yuck), and one from I think it was the 89-90 season with Mike Brown, big T, Stockton, Malone etc.

:D

Autographed miniball from the 87-88 jazz. Some autographs are a bit faded but everyone's on there. Also have Utah Stars warmup pants.

You have a ball from 94-95. The first in your "hard to make out" is Adam Keefe. The third is Felton Spencer. I'm not sure but I think the second picture is Terry Clark, aka TC, the assistant trainer.

If I ever got my hands on a ball signed by the team, and an assistant trainer signed it, I would punt his family jewels into an alternate universe.

I know this won't be popular here.. but I have a game ball signed by Pat Riley that my grandfather got from him after a game in '66. (Riley was a member of the "Rupp's Runts" at UK.)
General nba