What's new

What's the deal with Hayward?

jimmy eat jazz

I am a Hayward fan but he's beginning to annoy me. The guy is playing so passively. Passes up open shots, doesn't try to take his man off the dribble. Shows no offensive aggressiveness. On top of that, Corbin never runs a play for him. He just gets the ball on the wing, takes a couple of dribbles and passes. Or he doesn't even dribble. He's like a non entity out there. Howard comes in and within two minutes already has more shots. Our starting SF needs to take more shots and be much more aggressive. His play and how he is underutilized is really disappointing to me.

He should be the SG instead of the SF. He is lackin in movement and passion but the majority of the team is as well.

CJ/Raja/Hayward have been unbelievably bad this game. They look like fans at a fantasy camp.

Hopefully Hayward takes the benching as a call for him to be more aggressive. Don't want to hear it is because of Al and the offense because I see Howard being aggressive at the SF position. I think on the 2 plays Hayward played aggressively he scored an And 1 and had a nice assist to Jefferson.

Hopefully Hayward takes the benching as a call for him to be more aggressive. Don't want to hear it is because of Al and the offense because I see Howard being aggressive at the SF position. I think on the 2 plays Hayward played aggressively he scored an And 1 and had a nice assist to Jefferson.

I completely agree with this.

Who would blame this on Jefferson? Just because I have some issues with Big Al doesn't mean that I blame him for everything. I blame Hayward for not being aggressive and I blame Corbin for not running anything to free him up to shoot.

If Hayward is going to stay up all night practicing jump shots, he might as well shoot in the games.

Hayward was obviously gun shy after his horrible shooting performance in San Antonio Saturday night. Corbin was right to bench him - if you play scared you might as well sit down.

Who would blame this on Jefferson? Just because I have some issues with Big Al doesn't mean that I blame him for everything. I blame Hayward for not being aggressive and I blame Corbin for not running anything to free him up to shoot.

I wasn't aware I mentioned your name in that post.

I blame Hayward for not being aggressive and I blame Corbin for not running anything to free him up to shoot.

I see some merit to this. When Hayward was playing well at the end of last year almost all the offense was being run though him on the wing. And Hayward was told he needed to attack/attack/attack. With Bell in the lineup feeding Jefferson Hayward isn't into attack mode from the start. Corbin needs to light a fire under him and tell him that he needs to be the agressor. And Hayward needs to do it. We all hope Hay would just have that fire himself. But sometimes thats what coaches are for

Compared to last season 5.4pts/game - he improved. So why are you surprised? Are you one of those who expected 20pts a game from him?

Compared to last season 5.4pts/game - he improved. So why are you surprised? Are you one of those who expected 20pts a game from him?

I expected confidence and consistancy from him.

I expected confidence and consistancy from him.

he is freaking sophomore on losing team!!! Those things come with winning and experience. It is fair to expect that in his 4-5 year when Jazz will be playoff team not now when we are doormat on the road for playoff teams.

he is freaking sophomore on losing team!!! Those things come with winning and experience. It is fair to expect that in his 4-5 year when Jazz will be playoff team not now when we are doormat on the road for playoff teams.

Easy turbo, I am not bashing him. I just stated what I expect from him this season. You are right it is still early.

No I expect 12 a game give or take not that he'd regress from where he was at the end of last year.
I wonder if we have another CJ-in-the-making. Remember when Miles would get us all excited by having a "breakout game" near the end of the year. Then he'd come back the next season and be the same old CJ.