What's new

What's the Jazz's 5 year plan?

JFFR

What do you think the Jazz's five year plan is? Will they be able to compete for a championship in the next 5 years?

Jazz will trim some of the fat this offseason and then go after a big name in free agency. Thompson maybe? The free agent market next season is supposed to be great. I think the Jazz try to go big.

A question like this all I can think of his how much Benedict ****ed us! Our age profile changes significantly now. I wanted us to go get K.Love but he no longer fits with out other guys, we really need to target 26yrs and younger. Maybe a big play for Jabari this off-season...

They should keep building around Rubio, Rudy and Mitchell. Let Favors and Burks walk or trade them for some decent help.

Jazz will trim some of the fat this offseason and then go after a big name in free agency. Thompson maybe? The free agent market next season is supposed to be great. I think the Jazz try to go big.

Klay will stay.

Other option is - if we see around All star break that we can't make playoffs run offence through Mitchell and let him mature and grow while tanking and hoping we can land top 3 pick and snatch Doncic.
Rubio,Doncic,Rudy and Mitchell is damn serious core.

What do you think the Jazz's five year plan is? Will they be able to compete for a championship in the next 5 years?

-Try. Maximize every asset, try to be the team that unearths a gem in every draft, presumably be on the phones to cash in those assets when someone they want (more) goes on the market.
-No chance.

Rebuild, twice.

Thank you, my disciple. father franklin's prophetic vision is being realized more and more as the days go by. Right now, the F.O. is counting down the clock on when they must trade Rudy or lose him for nothing.

Hope Gobert continues to improve and stays healthy and build around him.

See if Hood, Favor's and Rubio are great fits with Gobert as starters or move on from them and look to the younger players.

We have to hope that both Exum and Mitchell develop into above average starters(I think they both will do that if healthy) or one or both of them turns into a legitimate star.

Keep adding solid really good players around them and continue to strike gold late in the draft.

We can win a championship if we get lucky and our players develop and stay healthy. It is unlikely but thats just because it is really hard to win an NBA championship.

What ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

Last year we found something in Gordon Hayward. His start in Boston isn't going that good and we don't have his type calibre player on the team. We should try to get him back. We have always known that he was better then the rest of the team. Now we are left with those leftovers. Plus, Alec Burks is in the doghouse already we are drowning in a talentless roster now. What would it be like to get Hayward back?

I think the Jazz build around Mitchell, Hood, Gobert, Bradley and a few young players yet to be drafted. If the Jazz want a George Hill style PG, they can groom Mitchell for that role. Otherwise, they can keep Exum and start him or play him off the bench.

Two or three years from now that team will start to peak and be competing in the Western Conference's top 5, but they need to make steady progress, or Gobert might soon leave and sign with the Lakers.

I think the Jazz build around Mitchell, Hood, Gobert, Bradley and a few young players yet to be drafted. If the Jazz want a George Hill style PG, they can groom Mitchell for that role. Otherwise, they can keep Exum and start him or play him off the bench.

Two or three years from now that team will start to peak and be competing in the Western Conference's top 5, but they need to make steady progress, or Gobert might soon leave and sign with the Lakers.

Mitchell isnt a George Hill style PG at all.

We have a glimpse of what Mitchell is, a high volume aggressive shooter who wants to get into the paint.

Hill was a safe, ball control PG who played a safer style of basketball.

They will work on organic growth. they will let players go into restricted FA to try to get the price down, then fill in with aging vets or players showing some promise but otherwise not getting the PT. They will move up a few spots in the draft with conservative solid trades that net them more players that will possible be fringe all-stars. They will then move a few of them after a few fits and starts flirting with the playoff. Followed with extreme precision and yielding results just tantalizing enough to keep the fan-base intrigued without ever really making any noise, hoping to snag the next Stockton or Malone as a steal in the draft by moving up from pick 20 to pick 13 or something.

Lather rinse repeat. The 50-year plan for mediocrity.