What's new

What's the Jazz's 5 year plan?

For those saying there's no chance the Jazz contend in the next five years, here's a link to the 2009/10 Golden State Warriors' Basketball-Reference page:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/GSW/2010.html

26 wins. Rookie Steph Curry and not much else. 5 seasons later they won a championship. Five years in the NBA is a long time.

Sometimes luck pays off. The NBA lottery has taught us that more often than not it does not pay off.

Thank you, my disciple. father franklin's prophetic vision is being realized more and more as the days go by. Right now, the F.O. is counting down the clock on when they must trade Rudy or lose him for nothing.
Uh, disciple?....i might have to reevaluate. :confused:

The future is Mitchell, Gobert, Exum and Hood. Two are injury prone, 1 is a rookie and the other an all NBA already. Gotta hope the other 3 catch up

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Pretty obvious really

Avoid the lottery like the plague. Stay mediocre forever. Develop your average talent draft picks til they leave right in their prime. Live off of your delusional fan base's belief that its a top notch franchise willing to do what it takes to win a championship. . Wash rinse repeat.

Kristaps Porzingis Needs To See Changes With Knicks Before Committing Long-Term
OCT 21, 2017 10:40 PM

Kristaps Porzingis will be eligible for a designated rookie scale maximum extension from the New York Knicks in less than nine months.

Porzingis was asked whether he would need to see changes from the Knicks before committing long-term.

"Yeah," replied Porzingis.

Porzingis then paused and smiled, realizing his position shouldn't be discussed publicly.

“Yeah. That’s it.”

If Porzingis declines an extension offer in 2018, he would become a restricted free agent in 2019 and potentially an unrestricted free agent in 2020.

STEFAN BONDY/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Roll into 2019 and 2020 with winning records, a badass culture, top shelf organization (that is making great picks), Gobert, Ingles, Mitchell, Hood, and preserve enough cap space to throw the max at Porzingis in 2019 and 2020 (if he takes the QO).

It's a longshot, but it's worth a shot. But imagine a Gobert/Porzingis tandem, especially if Mitchell develops into what we've seen in flashes.