What's new

What's the Jazz's Biggest Need?

Biggest Need (Assume Mitchell and Gobert Stay)

• 3&D Wing (No creation ability, can guard 1-4, Ok shot)

• Driving Creation Guard (Limited shooter, average 1-2 D)

• Stretch Big (Limited Defensive impact, but versatile D)

• Versatile Wing (Guard 3-4,bit of everything on Off)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Made this thread to say:

Sign Delon Wright. He checks some of the driving/creation guard box, and some of the versatile wing box.
Bruh... I was pushing Delon last year and you were like "no thanks".

Regardless... the fit is solid. BAE may be enough... he will get more than the minimum. If we moved Mike we could offer him a starting job... which should matter.

I understand reading is very hard for you.
who said it isn't? you made a thread to say "let's sign Delon Wright", yet your title reads "what's the Jazz's biggest need". next time you wanna say something, say it. Don't say something else and expect others to guess

who said it isn't? you made a thread to say "let's sign Delon Wright", yet your title reads "what's the Jazz's biggest need". next time you wanna say something, say it. Don't say something else and expect others to guess
Reading is real tough for you I see.

Bruh... I was pushing Delon last year and you were like "no thanks".

Regardless... the fit is solid. BAE may be enough... he will get more than the minimum. If we moved Mike we could offer him a starting job... which should matter.
delon wright is the type of guy that fits on every team, which is exactly what the Jazz needs. This team desperately need to add more versatility. Guys who can do a bit of everything, play multiple positions and fits seamlessly in every system.

Reading is real tough for you I see.
it's OK. you don't have to go full broken record if you have a hard time expressing yourself and making other people understand you. Like you made 3 posts saying "this is not what this thread is about" and 2 posts saying "reading is hard for you". we get it, Cy

it's OK. you don't have to go full broken record if you have a hard time expressing yourself and making other people understand you.
I think most people understood it just fine. Ask yourself why you having a rough time.

Hooked on Phonics exist.

Don’t care if it’s not well liked. If we keep them both I would love to get Hayward back and see what could be. I’ve had to many times wondering what if. If that trade is possible I’d like to see it. I think Conley needs to go. We need a bigger back court for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

If you use BAE you add another issue: hard cap.
I don't think that is true... but if it was its a deal killer because we are already over the apron (most likely).

I think you can't use full MLE... but anyway we could use taxpayer MLE and just pay him the BAE amount or a little more. I think that is likely where his market is.

I also think we won't sign anyone above a minimum unless we cut significant salary elsewhere.

We can’t sign Wright to the BAE because we’re paying NAW $5M. (insert platitudes put out in the media of how high they are on NAW and don’t want to hamper his development [copy/paste arguments for not signing DWill off waivers because Exum needs minutes, before playing Mack]). This is the cost of saving $11M in the Ingles deal last year — having the privilege of paying even more this year because we’re on the hook for NAW. Oh, and the opportunity cost.

We can’t sign Wright to the BAE because we’re paying NAW $5M. (insert platitudes put out in the media of how high they are on NAW and don’t want to hamper his development [copy/paste arguments for not signing DWill off waivers because Exum needs minutes, before playing Mack]). This is the cost of saving $11M in the Ingles deal last year — having the privilege of paying even more this year because we’re on the hook for NAW. Oh, and the opportunity cost.
We aren't going to be in the tax in 2023... why not waive and stretch NAW or Gay... to sign a guy like Delon?

We won't do it because it is way smarter to just use all your draft capital to save a few pennies and then pretend there isn't a problem or that you couldn't sign anyone...

"What do you want us to do? We offered Lebron the BAE and he said no"

We aren't going to be in the tax in 2023... why not waive and stretch NAW or Gay... to sign a guy like Delon?

We won't do it because it is way smarter to just use all your draft capital to save a few pennies and then pretend there isn't a problem or that you couldn't sign anyone...

"What do you want us to do? We offered Lebron the BAE and he said no"
This is a franchise that didn’t really calculate the true costs of taking on NAW rather than having 100% of Ingles’ deal expire. There’s no way they’re looking beyond the here-and-now by stretching him, especially because stretching him would raise question of “hey, WTF didn’t you just let Ingles expire if it would have been way cheaper when all is said and done?” Of course, we’ve moved past that, so it’s doubtful many people even raise that question. We’d just pretend they never said anything about thinking NAW was a prospect.

a strong defensively capable guard who can hit 3s at 35-38 % when left open Someone 6-4 , 6-5 who's an athlete We have to do something about getting killed at the point of attack.