What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I finally watched "Logan" yesterday. So good!

I was not a fan. Then again, I also hated "Shane" and I probably wouldn't have watched it if someone had told me about the parallels.

The last movie I watched was:

upload_2018-2-14_13-3-36.png

It was really good.

I've never seen Shane and had to look up a line from the show to figure out what they were watching on TV. I do love the internet.

Edit: I just read Shane's plot. Logan > Shane

Watching 3 billboards currently. Really like it so far

Last movie I watched was the original Psycho from 1960. I actually really enjoyed it.

I'm too big a baby to watch it. It's probably scarier in my mind than it would be on screen, but there it is.

I'm too big a baby to watch it. It's probably scarier in my mind than it would be on screen, but there it is.

They're too old to really be scary, a bit creepy to think about maybe but not scary. My wife and I watched the Bates Motel TV series and so we thought it'd be fun to go batch and watch the movies that the character was based on. Got one more to go!

Annihilation.

Much better that I expected. Lots to think on it.

ps. I am not exactly sure why but I got a Solaris vibe, the book not the film(haven't watched it) so I am not surprised Annihilation is based on a book. I think I am going to read it.

Annihilation.

ps. I am not exactly sure why but I got a Solaris vibe, the book not the film(haven't watched it) so I am not surprised Annihilation is based on a book. I think I am going to read it.

I just watched this the other day was well and really enjoyed it a lot.
I want to read the trilogy that the movie is based on but the books are pretty pricey.

I just watched this the other day was well and really enjoyed it a lot.
I want to read the trilogy that the movie is based on but the books are pretty pricey.
Really? The prices are pretty standard here. Weird.

Caught the two movies from the 50's that are said to have inspired Reservoir Dogs,

Kansas City Confidential and The Killing. Would highly recommend them; excellent films! Tarrantino borrowed heavily...

Annihilation.

I'm gonna check this out and get back to you.

Last movie I watched was the original Psycho from 1960. I actually really enjoyed it.
People always indentify with the shower scene. The scene where Janet Leigh suggests to Norman that he might want to think of putting 'his mother' in a home and he loses his **** is my favorite by far tho..

That actor, Anthony Perkins, was forever typecast into those sort of boyish man-child roles cuz he did such a great job in that film..

When they approach his mothers dressing room and the camera does this spin above the door.. I love that shot.

I wasn't crazy about the trailer, it looks beautifully shot, for sure. Gonna check it out.

There were three trailers for the film I saw. One of them, I think the third that was released, made it look “fantastic” while the other two made it look just okay.

People always indentify with the shower scene. The scene where Janet Leigh suggests to Norman that he might want to think of putting 'his mother' in a home and he loses his **** is my favorite by far tho..

That actor, Anthony Perkins, was forever typecast into those sort of boyish man-child roles cuz he did such a great job in that film..

When they approach his mothers dressing room and the camera does this spin above the door.. I love that shot.

Some great shots in this movie. The last minute or so of the shower scene, with Herrmann’s jagged, then dying score fading as Leigh does, down the wall, her blood going down the drain with the water, that spinning of fluids “becoming” her eye, the camera then spinning slowly as it retreats from her dead body. Just that take of Leigh completely still, in that position, her eye unflinching, for that long, is pretty impressive.