What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

Mandy is great if you're into stylized revenge movies. First half is slow, but it picks up when the 3rd act starts.
I liked the first half more. It had more depth and some stuff you could read between the lines. I have seen some crazy theories. Still great shots throughout and crazy Nic Cage is fun.

What's up with the lack of good movies at the moment? I wanted to go and watch something last week with my girl and nothing good was on so we had to settle on feeding the ducks at the botanic garden.

Mandy is great if you're into stylized revenge movies. First half is slow, but it picks up when the 3rd act starts.

I hated it so much. Can’t believe I made it all the way through.

Have to be on acid to watch it..... bad news is that if you watched it on acid you would probably have a bad trip because of the movie.

I liked the first half more. It had more depth and some stuff you could read between the lines. I have seen some crazy theories. Still great shots throughout and crazy Nic Cage is fun.

IDK maybe, I didnt pay super close attention to the first act. I thought it was just time for nice shots/cinematography. I'm just here for Cage throwing axes and killing hippies and biker gangs.

What's up with the lack of good movies at the moment? I wanted to go and watch something last week with my girl and nothing good was on so we had to settle on feeding the ducks at the botanic garden.
.... cute lil duckie wuckies.

Watched a movie called Leave No Trace. I enjoyed it quite a bit. A quiet, slow film with some decent emotional aspects to it. I liked it due to the setting. It takes place in the pacific northwest forests. Father daughter relationship is central to the plot. Oh and it stars Ben Foster. He might be my favorite actor. Definitely top 3.

Now im watching a movie called Hold The Dark. Im about 1/3 of the way through so far and really really into it. Its set in a remote Alaskan village and is about wolves taking children and a man being tasked with the job of tracking and killing the wolf responsible. So far its looking like it isn't wolves taking the children after but something much more sinister. Very creepy and twisted movie so far.

I watched Synedoche, New York first the time in years this week, still one of the strangest films i've ever seen. Im watching Anomalisa by Charlie Kaufman now, he really is a wonderful film maker.

Watched a movie called Black 42. Kinda reminds me of Braveheart but low budget. Pretty good.

Super Hero High: Hero Of The Year.

That ***** riveting I tell you.

Now im watching a movie called Hold The Dark. Im about 1/3 of the way through so far and really really into it. Its set in a remote Alaskan village and is about wolves taking children and a man being tasked with the job of tracking and killing the wolf responsible. So far its looking like it isn't wolves taking the children after but something much more sinister. Very creepy and twisted movie so far.
I watched Hold the Dark.

Thought it was pretty bad.

I hit up Venom last Friday. I would say the film, while good, was in it's infant stages. Venom's a VERY popular anti-hero figure.

You know what villain he'll hit next. Don't pretend.

Ya it sucked. Confusing ending too.
I watched the first half, got bored and turned it off. Then I watched the rest of it two days later.

The pacing was just wonky as hell and the lead character was written to be as dull as possible.

Supposedly the thing is mother/father are actually brother/sister who had a kid out of incest and believe they are wolves in human bodies. I guess that's an interesting idea in concept but it was just super boring.

herve.jpg

Watched this on HBO On Demand. Was pretty excited for this because outside of Game Thrones we don't really see Peter Dinklage show off his acting range. I've never seen Fantasy Island(was before my time), Dinklage himself described it as a 'mind f-er'. This really feels like a passion project for Dinklage and he delivers a excellent performance on a very interesting/complex character.Unfortunately outside of Dinklage's performance this movie doesn't have a whole lot going for itself. Part of the problem is it's very cliche and for parts of it I felt very bored. Jamie Dornan(who I didn't know but is apparently famous for the 50 shades movies) character didn't add a whole lot for me and has way too much screen time. Which is a shame because Dinklage does deliver some really funny and touching moments. Just wish is it was in a better movie.