What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I liked the choice of using the real life people telling their versions of the story against each other, but I thought the overall movie was pretty average.
I get what you mean, but idk, something about it just seemed relative to my life right now. I've been way too swamped with existential crises and doing stupid **** because of it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Watching Dances with Wolves right now. Might make this a Thanksgiving tradition. I absolutely love this movie,It's a masterpiece and top5 movie from the 90's

Lieutenant John Dunbar (Kevin Costner) is one of my favorite characters bar-none.

Costner wrote, directed and starred in this...

This movie is so good I felt the need to pause it and tell someone, so here I am :D

It's PG-13 too... Might be the best damn PG-13 movie ever...

Last edited:
Barry Lyndon. Love this ****. It's so perfectly absurd. Perhaps Kubricks greatest demonstration of visual storytelling.

The fight scene is great. I went back and watched Spartacus and I think Stanley probably didn't like some of the way that combat looked, in Barry Lyndon he nails it.

The Sweet Smell of Success(1957) starring Burt Lancaster and Tony Curtis. 10/10. I bet ya can't name 10 movies from the 50's better than that one!!!

Watched The Cure For Wellness and found it to be adequately creepy.
The lead actor is a great one.

Watching Venom now.

Sorry to Bother You

LaKeith Stanfield is immensely sympathetic. Probably would enjoy any film he is in. Plot devolves around but it's fun and at least original. Nice little bit of social commentary.

Boots Riley is a promising director and it's always good to see #Occupy generation making movies.

I watched Venom and thought it sucked.
Probably the worst marvel movie of them all.

Watching The Ballad of Buster Scruggs now. Liking it so far.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry to Bother You

LaKeith Stanfield is immensely sympathetic. Probably would enjoy any film he is in. Plot devolves around but it's fun and at least original. Nice little bit of social commentary.

Boots Riley is a promising director and it's always good to see #Occupy generation making movies.

I enjoyed this but felt like it could have been edited/tightened up. It felt a bit sloppy at times. But it has some pretty creative ideas going for it and a WTF moment that I wont forget. I liked the soundtrack as well.

Watching Dances with Wolves right now. Might make this a Thanksgiving tradition. I absolutely love this movie,It's a masterpiece and top5 movie from the 90's

Lieutenant John Dunbar (Kevin Costner) is one of my favorite characters bar-none.

Costner wrote, directed and starred in this...

This movie is so good I felt the need to pause it and tell someone, so here I am :D

It's PG-13 too... Might be the best damn PG-13 movie ever...

Great soundtrack too.

Valhalla Rising

Saw it because I craved some good old medieval violence and Mads Mikkelsen is awesome. I am surprised it's the same director of Drive but similarities are there once you know. It's slow, atmospheric and has great shots throughout. Kind of deep too.

Would have expected it was rated more on rottentomatoes, only %71. It seemed like a film that critics favour more than the audience. I would have given it more.

Venom

It had some fun moments but something lacks. I think it was too short and had to have action so not much time for development. And I hate movies where the protagonist is supposed to be an antihero but turns out to be the hero in the end. Deadpool 2 was the same, false premise. Just can't stray far from the formula.

Venom deciding to stay was a total reach.

Valhalla Rising

Saw it because I craved some good old medieval violence and Mads Mikkelsen is awesome. I am surprised it's the same director of Drive but similarities are there once you know. It's slow, atmospheric and has great shots throughout. Kind of deep too.

Would have expected it was rated more on rottentomatoes, only %71. It seemed like a film that critics favour more than the audience. I would have given it more.
As a big Mads Mikkelsen fan I love that movie, I also would have expected it to fare better on rotten tomatoes.

I really recommend the movie Flame and Citron as another really good movie starring Mikkelsen. It's about Danish resistance fighters who assassinate Nazis in Denmark.

Venom

It had some fun moments but something lacks. I think it was too short and had to have action so not much time for development. And I hate movies where the protagonist is supposed to be an antihero but turns out to be the hero in the end. Deadpool 2 was the same, false premise. Just can't stray far from the formula.

Venom deciding to stay was a total reach.
Horrible horrible movie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app