What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

the-perfection-poster-405x600.jpg

Holy crap. I had no idea what this movie was and it kept me guessing all the way up until the insane ending. This movie is going to stick with me a long time. Wow.

Decided to watch John Wick since I had some free time and nothing to do. I maybe had too high of expectations, but I found it pretty derivative, very very predictable, and boring. Pretty disappointed.

But it has pretty much every trope from every "ultra assassin" movie I've ever seen. Moody retired ultra-assassin with a grudge? Check. Multiple references to his almost supernatural awesomeness, his name spoken in fear and reverence? Check. Secret stash of weapons and money? Check. Essentially bulletproof (never gets hit for real)? Check. Friend helping on the inside? Check. Friend dies? Check. Escalating video game-esque "bosses" to fight? Check. Perfect aim with a thousand guys running from every angle but unable to shoot a single man running in a straight line? Check. Unlimited ammo in a single gun until the "plot" required him to run out so he could Bruce Lee everyone showing his otherworldly hand-to-hand fighting skills? Check.

Very little of this was original in any way. Even adopting a new dog I called in the first 5 minutes after his was killed. Too bad, I'd thought it would be fun to get into the franchise.
Yes, it's an action movie people like because of the action in the movie. It's brilliantly filmed and the stunt work is immaculate. It is what it is and that's why people love it.

Yes, it's an action movie people like because of the action in the movie. It's brilliantly filmed and the stunt work is immaculate. It is what it is and that's why people love it.
Yeah, you definitely shouldn't expect the John Wick franchise to be genre subverting films. They are interested in doing two things, crazy fight scenes and world building, and they do both perfectly.

Went to see brightburn. It was pretty good. They relied way too heavily on loud noise jump-scares. Had decent tension and the kid actor was pretty good. Just kind of fell flat. Story was ok. All in all, good concept but just ok execution. Unnecessary gore in some shots that didn't really add to the story. You could tell the creators didn't have a great grasp of what makes a movie scary, so they relied on ramping up the volume when scary moments were supposed to be happening. Overall would have been much more impactful if they had done a lot of it with no sound effects or music and just the ambient noise and silence of the scene. But it was a fun watch. Recommended but you won't lose much to wait for it to hit streaming services.

My 5 Wives. set in Utah. Pretty funny, Rodney Dangerfield from 2000 with Andrew Dice Clay, Jerry Stiller, Molly Shannon. Amazon Prime would recommend.

Fitzcarraldo (1982) - 11/10. Legendary. Masterpiece. Amazon Prime has it. Werner Herzog directed, my favorite of his vast catalogue. The boat is a spectacular prop. Here's the trailer;

"On Her Shoulders". This is a POV documentary that was broadcast last night on PBS. I just noticed there is a link at this page that now allows you to view the entire film. It was superb. You will probably need to indicate what is your local PBS affiliate to view it, Im not sure. Nadia is an eloquent spokeswoman for the Yazidis against the genocide committed by ISIS....

https://www.pbs.org/pov/onhershoulders/

And?

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
Well I had a great time but I couldn't really hear it much so I can't give it a fair shake. I saw it at the drive in the radio we brought couldn't get the station so we were listening to the movie via the people around us.
(I turned on the radio in my truck but that didn't help much cause we were laying in the bed of my truck watching it)

The new Spiderman movie was the second one and I wanted to watch that but a lot of people left after toy story 4 and then it was even harder to hear the movie. Watched about half of Spiderman.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Take your girl? I took mine. Loved it. Cried. Me, not her.
Ya I took her. She must have loved it cause she watched 80% of it and that's incredible for her. It was much better watching in my truck at a drive in rather than a theater cause at a theater she just wants to run around the place and won't stay still.

At the drive in she is trapped in the bed of my truck lol. It's too high for her to get out so she is forced to stay by us

I really want to see midsommar (I think that's how it's spelled)

Same director that did Hereditary

Ya I took her. She must have loved it cause she watched 80% of it and that's incredible for her. It was much better watching in my truck at a drive in rather than a theater cause at a theater she just wants to run around the place and won't stay still.

At the drive in she is trapped in the bed of my truck lol. It's too high for her to get out so she is forced to stay by us

How old is she? Almost 4?

I’m not taking my 2.6 year old son to movies yet. I’m thinking next spring when he’s 3 years, 3 months or so.

I honestly can’t find anything I want to watch. Went though about 400 movies on Amazon Prime. Only Suspiria sparked my interest. Nothing on Netflix. On my Premium channels, nothing greatly. That Redford/Spacek movie a bit.