What's new

What's the Next Move?

The Jazz still need to trade KO and Clarkson. They should be running through guys from the scrap heap to see if they can find hidden treasures over the last 20 or so games. They do not want to be winning games. They need their pick to improve big time, that was clearly the move with the lakers trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One single move to sweep the leg -

Jordan Clarkson to Phoenix

Jae Crowder and Kelly Olynyk to Miami

Duncan Robinson, Torrey Craig and Caleb Martin plus draft assets from both the Suns and Heat

We traded JC's best buddy Beasley who wanted to be in Utah, and we traded Conley taking away another guy who was brought over from the last iteration who was also mentoring JC on the playmaking and passing aspects. No wonder he looked checked out and disengaged.

I wouldn't bet any money on JC resigning with us anymore. So my choice for next move is to trade him.

People seem to think that the roster for this upcoming multiyear tank will be, essentially: Lauri, Kessler, some bad two-way guys and some more or less useless kids fresh off the draft. I only exaggerate a little.

That's not how a tank works. If you really take the plunge, you have to dive all the way to the bottom. That means keeping a 26-year-old, super efficient All Star on the roster doesn't make any sense. It's just wasted capital that could be used to bring in guys who fit the timeline of the rest of the team better.

If Lauri was 22 or even 23, the situation would be totally different. But he'll be 26 in a few months, and his trade value is off the charts right now. Almost franchise-changing.

Everyone seems to be counting on Markkanen to play nice - to suffer through the tank in silence and then sign an extension. But the fact is that he just got to Utah. He has no real ties, no history, no reason for loyalty. It's a huge decision to waste your prime as a player. You only get one.

The "Trade Lauri" train starts here. Get on board.

I don't see anything other than multi-year full-on tanking / playing all rookies as a feasible option now.

This summer the Jazz have matching salaries to use only on one major deal, and that's probably including Sexton. The summer after that you'd have to include the guys you've just added as free agents. And the agents for those players will tell their clients that.

So it's consolidating all of the picks to move up, pick loads of players and actually play all the rookies. Because the Jazz are quite limited suddenly with the trades they can do with those picks - unless the rules on salary matching suddenly change.

That scenario also probably means Lauri is out sooner or later.

Finnish casuals: Fire Ainge Billboards

All the other followers of the team: Getting good picks and adding few from trade market and with some luck decent FA's. Waiting for the star trade in the becoming season or two to make this team a contender

People seem to think that the roster for this upcoming multiyear tank will be, essentially: Lauri, Kessler, some bad two-way guys and some more or less useless kids fresh off the draft. I only exaggerate a little.

That's not how a tank works. If you really take the plunge, you have to dive all the way to the bottom. That means keeping a 26-year-old, super efficient All Star on the roster doesn't make any sense. It's just wasted capital that could be used to bring in guys who fit the timeline of the rest of the team better.

If Lauri was 22 or even 23, the situation would be totally different. But he'll be 26 in a few months, and his trade value is off the charts right now. Almost franchise-changing.

Everyone seems to be counting on Markkanen to play nice - to suffer through the tank in silence and then sign an extension. But the fact is that he just got to Utah. He has no real ties, no history, no reason for loyalty. It's a huge decision to waste your prime as a player. You only get one.

Don't think it's a multi year tank. Kind of expect Utah to throw some big money at Kuzma or Grant this off season

We will make the playoffs next year. There will be no multi year tank… it’s less than 30 games… use the space we carved out to win or collect a few more assets. We are good so long as we don’t eff up the draft this year.

Don't think it's a multi year tank. Kind of expect Utah to throw some big money at Kuzma or Grant this off season
I’m waiting until after today to project what the plan is… but we could nab help in FA and rent out space in a couple deals… people being dramatic as hell

I've seen a few people on twitter who were at the game tonight commenting that Clarkson seemed really off and disengaged tonight.

View: https://twitter.com/Grrr22/status/1623529592400285700

I remember him before half taking an absolutely stupid shot with plenty of time on the clock(he could've taken it to about 2 seconds) flopping and whining while his guy got the steal or rebound and knocked down a 3 to end the half.

After that and now seeing this, I've lost some respect for him.

The next move might be the Kyle Lowry trade… my spidey senses are tingling.