What's new

What's this years starting lineup, when we're healthy?

Jefferson and Millsap will get the job done. No way Sloan changes the starting lineup almost half way into the season (when Okur is at full strength) if we are winning. As long as we are in a playoff position I don't see Sloan changing it. Okur might come back within the first 2 months of the season but it will take him a lot of time to get back mentally and physically. He won't be ready in time to start.

Maybe in the regular season. But that front court is still way too small against the bigger teams like the Laker's.

Maybe in the regular season. But that front court is still way too small against the bigger teams like the Laker's.

Agreed but when we play the lakers we will need all 3 players. Playing time won't really matter.

If Okur was healthy I would actually want him starting. But I don't want him playing much and I don't want to change the starting lineup half way through the season unless we have a injury or we are losing.

Okur won't be fully healthy for a couple of months into the season. Changing chemistry when its working is a horrible decision. Hopefully Sloan does not do that just because Okur was starting before.

If we are playing bad or even playing bad against playoff teams and Okur is healthy than I say change it. But I think Millsap and Jefferson will be a very good front court.

There is no way Bell averages 30 minutes a game. 25 is the absolute upper limit barring injuries. I would guess his average at 22. CJ and AK will close halves and games with rare matchup exceptions and foul trouble situations. Even if CJ and AK played 30 each, that would only leave 36 minutes for Bell and Hayward.

PG: Deron Williams, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Raja Bell
SF: Andrei Kirilenko, Gordon Hayward
PF: Paul Millsap, Mehmet Okur
C: Al Jefferson, Kyrylo Fesenko

This lineup would even work against the Lakers. Kirilenko is big and long enough to guard Gasol. Millsap is quick and athletic enough to guard Artest. I like Jefferson against Bynum. IMO, C.J. has to start. C.J. was one of the Jazz's most important players in last year's playoffs and he would match up well against Kobe. Bryant would be forced to expel energy on defense guarding C.J., which makes him a less effective offensive player. And let's face it, Deron Williams is a matchup problem for everyone in the Lakers' backcourt. He is too quick for Derek Fisher and too strong for everyone else. C.J. and Deron are both excellent ball handlers and passers, which would give the Jazz a very dangerous backcourt. The Jazz are also a much better team with AK on the floor. His unique ability to guard three different positions make the Jazz a very versatile defensive team. AK also is most effective at going against PF's because of his athletic ability and quickness.