What's new

When will the next W be?

This season started so well, and has since gone in the toilet. I keep expecting us to pull of a victory at home or against a team like SAC on the road, and we fail. How did we ever beat the CAVS? I realize they werent in their groove yet, but damn we still made the plays down the stretch. Id love to know what is being said in these film sessions as the team watches the games. How can they watch that defense and not be embarrassed enough to improve?

Losing streak at 9.

Jerry Sloan had two losing streaks of 9 games in 04-05.

Before that the last time the jazz lost 9 in a row was 1982.

This is going to be a historic season.

Who knew that rewriting the record books for badness and crushing fan interest were both "steps" that KOC had been skipping?

Reactions: MVP
No one wants Rondo that bad because he is mostly just a stat stuffer who needs to be on the right team. Trading a lot of pieces to get Rondo kind of ruins the point of getting Rondo, which is to make your existing players look better.
This

With all the griping and complaining about GS and their methods, their FO has to be considered one of the best in the league right now. I basically got hammered on this board for my opinion that they were operating smarter than Utah at the time. The NBA really is survival of the fittest, and all this idealism of nobility in building a team eventually just equates to nice guys finish last.

Those guys are playing on house money ahead of the injury bug. If Curry goes down they could go Oklahoma City sans Durrant in a hurry. Their roster isn't really built to hold the window for a championship open for very long. If you DO get the championship, however, it was worth it. That 2017 pick could be quite an asset if the window slams shut.

Those guys are playing on house money ahead of the injury bug. If Curry goes down they could go Oklahoma City sans Durrant in a hurry. Their roster isn't really built to hold the window for a championship open for very long. If you DO get the championship, however, it was worth it. That 2017 pick could be quite an asset if the window slams shut.

What? The team can definitely still be very good without Curry. Livingston is a capable backup and they have players who don't score up to their ability since they have to share shots. Obviously they aren't as good without Curry, but I think the team can definitely hold down fort without him.

Think of all the money they will have to spend once Lee's contact expires? They are set-up pretty well, especially when you consider the value contract Curry is on.

With all the griping and complaining about GS and their methods, their FO has to be considered one of the best in the league right now. I basically got hammered on this board for my opinion that they were operating smarter than Utah at the time. The NBA really is survival of the fittest, and all this idealism of nobility in building a team eventually just equates to nice guys finish last.

This team has the best record in the league right now at 18-2, and they play in the west. I don't see any reasonable argument that their FO has been anything short of brilliant. Any team can be screwed by injuries, as we've seen with OKC. Every team has their what-ifs, but when you're trying to rationalize why the best of the best isn't good enough, you might be overthinking things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Utah's next win is against a team we have no business beating. We're at the point where teams are going to start looking past us. We're bound to have a good game eventually against someone taking us for an automatic W.
:p