What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Locke's comments this morning on the Jazz actively shopping Hood was some kind of weird damage control thing. Always odd when he comes in hot like that - feels like he was given direction. Basically he was suggesting that the Tony Jones report was meaningless because every player in the league is on the table other than Durant and Curry.

I think Cleveland would have a lot of interest in Hood. If no one else would give us a first for him I could absolutely see them sending their pick and Osman for Hood.

I think that is the floor on a Hood trade. He would work well for them now and if LBJ left he is young enough to work with whatever is left.

Locke's comments this morning on the Jazz actively shopping Hood was some kind of weird damage control thing. Always odd when he comes in hot like that - feels like he was given direction. Basically he was suggesting that the Tony Jones report was meaningless because every player in the league is on the table other than Durant and Curry.

Agree Tony has said he does not speculate on trades with guys he covers. He is also a Hood fan... you can tell he likes him.

The fact that Tony said it in an article... a day after Larsen did... it went from listing your house on Zillow with a “make me move” price to a for sale by sign in the front yard and a sign that says bring all offers.

He will be moved... flat out. I’m sure locke just didn’t want to talk about it the whole time. I’m fine with that.

yeah, I listened to it this morning. Locked was a bit douchy, throwing Tony under the bus. There are several reliable sources confirming the Jazz is actively looking to trade Hood (and no, is not only semantics as Locke suggested). He will be traded if there is a good offer on the table

Maybe Hood wants out, his people leaked the news to pressure the Jazz, but the Jazz want to retain him and they asked Locke to play it down? Pure speculation here, clearly. Locke's tone was just weird (even for him).

At a minimum, I believe Tony Jones' reports that Hood wants to start. Hood believes he's a starter in the league and isn't totally thrilled about coming off the bench. Mitchell has just outshined him.

And Mitchell!
Jazz are always very quiet when it comes to trade discussions.. DL translates to "Down Low." So I'm sure the Hood leak did not sit well with Utah and Locke, as Lindsey's media lackey, went into full-on damage control. I'll bet the leak came from Hood's agent. He wants to force a trade. Remember, nothing happened with Kanter until Enes and his agent went public. I'll bet Hood has been asking for a trade since the day Quin sent him to the bench. I would in his position; he wants to get paid and he's not going to be valued as highly as a 6th man.

Hood being a RFA is going to diminish his value - he'll be very expensive to keep. But I think Jazz can at least get a late first for him. What contender wouldn't want a scoring wing? Would a pick in the 20's be enough for Chicago to then trade Mirotic?

I think the Brooklyn pick has been the most overblown asset in league history. Its a #10 pick. People act like the pick is going to replace LeBron if he leaves in the summer. How many #9-11 picks have helped a team the next year? How many have become franchise cornerstones?

Cleveland has the best player on the planet right now. Cleveland is a city that has had 1 title in 50 years. You do everything possible right now to win this year. If the Brooklyn pick was Atlanta's, I get the hesitation. Its not.

So as we get to the next 16 days, who are the best players the Cavs can target for right now? DeAndre Jordan? Meh. He would be a free throw liability. Mirotic? They have Love and both are suspect defenders. Kemba? Great in theory, but what happens with IT? It doesn't solve their post issues.

That's it. Those are the biggest available "star type" players the Cavs can target with the Brooklyn pick. That Brooklyn pick is so overrated.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the Brooklyn pick has been the most overblown asset in league history. Its a #10 pick. People act like the pick is going to replace LeBron if he leaves in the summer. How many #9-11 picks have helped a team the next year? How many have become franchise cornerstones?

Cleveland has the best player on the planet right now. Cleveland is a city that has had 1 title in 50 years. You do everything possible right now to win this year. If the Brooklyn pick was Atlanta's, I get the hesitation. Its not.

So as we get to the next 16 days, who are the best players the Cavs can target for right now? DeAndre Jordan? Meh. He would be a free throw liability. Mirotic? They have Love and both are suspect defenders. Kemba? Great in theory, but what happens with IT? It doesn't solve their post issues.

That's it. Those are the biggest available "star type" players the Cavs can target with the Brooklyn pick. That Brooklyn pick is so overrated.

Just because there are not better players available to trade it for does not mean they should just trade it away. They are rebuilding next year. If they cant get a piece to give them a chance against the Ws then they are going to keep it to start their rebuild with. Hood and Favors are not getting Cavs past Ws.

Lol, according to you Favs and Hood suck but Hood alone is worth a #10 pick. On top of that you want to throw anything away for a late 1st that are very valuable. Why would Jazz want the pick if it isnt worth much? There is also a chance at the pick being a top 3.

Ron - dont put words in my mouth.

#1 - I never said they should just give it away.

#2 - I have said numerous times that Favors is a fantastic fit for the Cavs. Thompson at C means zero offense. Favors provides size and some range. Favors isn't ideal at PF next to a Gobert.

#3 - I think Hood is a good player. He would be a great addition for the Cavs because he is more dynamic on offense than a Korver, Crowder, and others. With Hood, they don't have to rely so much on Green and Rose in the 2nd unit.

Favors and Hood for playoff worthless players is worth it for a team who wants to win right now. When we had Stockton and Malone, established players would have been so much more valuable than a #10 pick.

Kind of surprised you have the hots for Bender, whose career-stat trajectory makes him look like the Dante Exum of power forwards.
Would rep.

FWIW, if I'm picking up Dante Exum the summer before he tears his ACL? Yeah, IDK.

Ron - dont put words in my mouth.

#1 - I never said they should just give it away.

#2 - I have said numerous times that Favors is a fantastic fit for the Cavs. Thompson at C means zero offense. Favors provides size and some range. Favors isn't ideal at PF next to a Gobert.

#3 - I think Hood is a good player. He would be a great addition for the Cavs because he is more dynamic on offense than a Korver, Crowder, and others. With Hood, they don't have to rely so much on Green and Rose in the 2nd unit.

Favors and Hood for playoff worthless players is worth it for a team who wants to win right now. When we had Stockton and Malone, established players would have been so much more valuable than a #10 pick.

So you think Favors and Hood put Cavs over the top and will help them get past GS in the finals?

If Hood is as good as you are saying we should definitely keep him then.

I don't think they put them over the top. I do think its the best they can do with a #10 pick and worthless players. Frye, Osman and Calderon are not any kind of a solution. #10 in 2018 doesnt help Cavs win for 2 years.

Adding two starting quality NBA
players for #10 is good business when you have the best player on the planet.

I don't think they put them over the top. I do think its the best they can do with a #10 pick and worthless players. Frye, Osman and Calderon are not any kind of a solution. #10 in 2018 doesnt help Cavs win for 2 years.

Adding two starting quality NBA
players for #10 is good business when you have the best player on the planet.

If it doesnt put them over the top it is pointless and they wont do it. They have made that very clear. They are going to use that pick to rebuild. They wont want to win in the next couple years. They will want lottery picks and young players. Also that pick again could be better than 10. They could get lucky and draft their next franchise player of the future if it gets into the top 3.

Wait it out until hea a FA. Make sure he gets healthy. A similar system to Spurs but with Gobert and DM would be really appealing to him imo.
I was actually thinking this may be a decent idea.

Maybe Hood wants out, his people leaked the news to pressure the Jazz, but the Jazz want to retain him and they asked Locke to play it down? Pure speculation here, clearly. Locke's tone was just weird (even for him).
I really believe that it came from Hood's side. If the Jazz are looking to trade him it makes little sense to let it get out in the media at this point. But Hood's team leaking it makes it more likely that the Jazz are forced to make a move. Also TJ has reportedly much better relationships with players and agents than FO people.

If it doesnt put them over the top it is pointless and they wont do it. They have made that very clear. They are going to use that pick to rebuild. They wont want to win in the next couple years. They will want lottery picks and young players. Also that pick again could be better than 10. They could get lucky and draft their next franchise player of the future if it gets into the top 3.

You can convince yourself of quite a bit when you are about to lose Lebron. When you look back at the HAyward thing it was pretty clear that he was likely gone, but DL still did all this stuff to try to keep him. I agree that from the outside it looks like Lebron is certainly leaving, but maybe from the inside they believe they can do enough to keep him there.