What's new

Where has Alec Burks been?

A bargain? No. Even with the cap raise, we overpaid based on market value. That contract was Lindsey being reactionary to Hayward's contract (which he screwed up too). Burks may play up to the value of his contract (still unlikely IMO), but I don't see him ever making that deal look like a bargain (unless the cap doubles).
You might be right, but last summer if the jazz would have gave Hayward a contract worth 12 million per then we would have said we overpaid..... all it takes is one team to overpay, as we found out.

Also Burks might end up having a fantastic second half of the year and in that case we would be wishing he had signed a contract like the one he got

The difference between Burks and Haywafd is that Hayward relies more on skills than athleticism, and has shown that he actually understands the game of basketball. I have never, and will never be a fan of signing low IQ players to big contracts.

The difference between Burks and Haywafd is that Hayward relies more on skills than athleticism, and has shown that he actually understands the game of basketball. I have never, and will never be a fan of signing low IQ players to big contracts.

Maybe burks will make a leap in his 5th year like hayward and favors did........ also maybe burks bbiq will go up alot with snyder at the helm rather than corbin.

Its too early to tell right now whether or not he will be what he is currently or improve into a much better player and make the contract look like a bargain.
Its nice to know that he is signed though just in case he puts up games like last night on a regular basis. (if he plays like he did last night then teams would throw a max deal at a 23 year old player with that kind of game and lots of upside)

Last edited: