What's new

Where is that pit bull thread when I need it?

https://www.bryantsreddevils.com/Faqs.html

Of course this guy is probably secretly teaching his dogs to fight and kill and fights them for money. Since NO ONE ever crops ears for any other reason than to put the dog in fights. In fact I found the blatant lie on his website:

That blatant lie is an obvious sign of someone who secretly crops the dogs' ears so he can fight them. Obviously.
Lol, yes, he probably IS contributing to his dog possibly becoming viscous. Even if he doesn't know it. You make your dog a fighter, even if you think it's only for "cosmetic" purposes, then you shouldn't blame it on the "breed" when the dog acts like a fighter.

They aren't lying. They are just flat out wrong as their world view does not match that of Salty's.

I think salty usually has some good points, then they are taken to the extreme and for some reason he'll defend them to the death. His points are usually spot on then you assume he means something a little more hyperbolic than I believe he intends. That's just my opinion though.

You're right, any breed of dog is capable of an attack. However, the fact that 67% of fatal attacks are committed by a breed that makes up 5% of the dog population is a fairly telling statistic.

In reading up a little further on this, I came across a few sources that agree on a basic difference between dog attacks by breed. According to many of them, pit bulls (and to a lesser extent, rottweilers) attack to kill, while almost any other breed (including German Shepherds) attack to intimidate.

Responsible ownership does lower the risk, but to suggest that any inclination toward aggression is purely environmental is a hollow argument.

On the other hand if psychotic jackasses can't own pitbulls and just switch to rots or dobermans or shepherds, I bet the incidents of fatal attacks would rise from those breeds.

Lol, yes, he probably IS contributing to his dog possibly becoming viscous. Even if he doesn't know it. You make your dog a fighter, even if you think it's only for "cosmetic" purposes,

I think I'm starting to understand your line of reasoning. When I was a baby, my parents had me circumsized, and I've been pissed off ever since. In fact, I kinda wanna go out and kick someone's *** right now.

Is that close?

I have never actually known a pit bull hater and am bummed that I do now.

That said, the hate is plain stupid and sucks. If a person has to explain why a ban on breeds is wrong then I wouldn't even know where to start.

On the other hand if psychotic jackasses can't own pitbulls and just switch to rots or dobermans or shepherds, I bet the incidents of fatal attacks would rise from those breeds.

My suggestion on this issue is to worry about psychotic jackasses, not the dogs they might own. Fix the psychotic jackass problem, and the dog problem goes away. But even if you can't fix psychotic jackasses, or even get it under control, I'm 100% sure psychotic jackasses pose a much greater threat to my safety than dogs and they always will.

I think I'm starting to understand your line of reasoning. When I was a baby, my parents had me circumsized, and I've been pissed off ever since. In fact, I kinda wanna go out and kick someone's *** right now.

Is that close?
Not quite. More like if you give your little girl huge breast implants, don't blame it on her race if she turns out to be a slut. Even if a bunch of losers have posted on some message board that they only did it for "cosmetic" purposes.

This is far too simplistic an argument. You cannot quantify "loserness" of the owners. You can't tell from the data which owners were "losers" and which were like the guy in Fernley who by all accounts was a responsible owner. In fact in most cases I have read about in the news they identify the dog as having been gentle and loving up to the point of the attack. I haven't heard of many where they reported that the guy in the ratty trailer wearing the wife beater and mullet fed his dog raw meet and kicked and whipped it daily then set it loose on the town at night.

-1 because you forgot to mention anything about tattoos (but the fact that you omitted any cheese references grants you a +1)

I think we should ban all dogs and cats. These are wild animals that we only think we have domesticated. Pit Bull, German Shepard, or Fox Hound. They all have mouths and and can bite. I would also ban guns, cars, ropes, and any other item that could hurt someone with a unresponable owner. I mean it has nothing to do with the owner and everything to do with the animal, gun, drink, or item...

just ban anyone with tattoos from owning pitbulls and maybe the problem would be solved? they're the biggest losers in the world, aren't they?

seriously though, this is an interesting discussion with some good points raised on both sides, and I'm starting to think maybe there should be more breed-specific restrictions that I'd originally thought. Still don't think I'd favor a total ban on owning them, but some of the arguments in that regard are compelling.

Not quite. More like if you give your little girl huge breast implants, don't blame it on her race if she turns out to be a slut. Even if a bunch of losers have posted on some message board that they only did it for "cosmetic" purposes.

hold on Salty, are you saying that women with big boobs are a different race? or that they're sluts? or are sluts a different race?

interesting...

let me just put it this way, that's not the best way to get your point across

hold on Salty, are you saying that women with big boobs are a different race? or that they're sluts? or are sluts a different race?

interesting...

let me just put it this way, that's not the best way to get your point across
No, I'm saying if you give a little girl breast implants, and she turns out to be a slut when she gets older, you can't blame it on her race.

That is basically what's happening here with pit bulls (cropping the ears to make them look like a fighter when they are little puppies).

LogGrad98 is saying pit bulls are inherently evil. He then posts a picture of one that has ears cropped to show how evil they look. I pointed out that the picture said a lot about the type of owners that dog has or had in the past because of the cropped ears. I also said most of the problems with pit bulls stem from bad owners. LogGrad98 then starts posting quotes from these bad owners that I just said were the real problem, and acts like that somehow proves his point correct. And then after he has been claiming that pit bulls are inherently evil, he has the nerve to say I am the one stereotyping when I say clipping the ears contributes to the dog becoming mean.

You can cite numbers that show pit bull attacks are at a higher rate than other dogs. But I maintain that pit bulls have a higher percentage of loser owners than other dogs. LogGrad98's many posted quotes from pitt bull owners (trying to justify making their dogs look like ferocious fighters) should prove this. And like I said in a previous post, it's funny how most of the people who think "pit bulls should be banned because they are inherently evil" have never owned one, and most people who have actually owned one are in the "pit bulls turn out how you raise them to be" camp.

If you ban pit bulls, and the loser owners' dog of choice becomes a rot, you'll see rot attacks drastically increase. And even if some loser posts on a message board that the cropped ears/tail, spiked collar, and raw meat diet are strictly for "cosmetic" purposes, it doesn't mean your actions don't have an impact on the dog's personality.

Last edited:
LOL where did I ever say there were evil? And where is your objective evidence that any owner that crops ears is a "loser". Care to cite something or provide evidence rather than your standard of making a claim and calling everyone else liars?

As far as evil goes, my claim is that pitbulls are naturally aggressive dogs. You actually supported that multiple times by pointing out that is what they were bred for to begin with, as fighting dogs. Due to breeding, any pitbull, and to a lesser extent, any dog, can become unpredictably aggressive. You ASSUMED I selected that picture BECAUSE of the cropped ears. Actually, I grabbed the first pic I clicked on of a pitbull that was not too large to fit in the forum (the first 2 or 3 were huge pics). ANY pitbull would have fit that particular post, that they look more dangerous than a teacup poodle.

Obviously owners play into it. Sure you see cases where the owner obviously did not control their dogs. But there are plenty of cases out there where you read how well-mannered the dog was and everyone was surprised. Also, if this breed does attract all the loser owner, what better reason to ban it. Either that or require a background check. If it is primarily owners who are going to make the dogs dangerous that buy them, then don't make them available for sale. Pretty strong argument for a ban (which by the way I never said I supported. I said early in the thread that I did not support an all-out ban of the dog, but don't let that get in the way of you misrepresenting and mis-stating facts and opinions.)

The most hilarious thing is your insistence on all or nothing stances. EVERY owner that ever crops ears are nothing but wifebeater-wearing rednecks who fight their dogs every weekend and cropped the ears so they could be a better fighter, and if they claim it is for aesthetics, they are lying. EVERYONE who ever used marijuana had EXACTLY the same experience you did and if they say they didn't they are lying. Basically, everyone with an opinion or actual experience different than yours is a liar. It is a very convenient, if entirely specious, assertion.

That makes it so hard not to just laugh at everything you post. You are obviously very narcissistic, very young or naive, or not very intelligent if you can't see that in life there is actually mostly gray area and not very much that is as black and white as you would have everyone believe. And your insistence on black and white in all arguments shows how desperate you are to win and represents absurdity at its finest.

So you can go on believing your assumption that every pitbull owner that likes a different look in the breed than you do is nothing but a dog-fighting redneck idiot, while the rest of us will go ahead and observe the evidence that some entirely responsible owners might like that look better for any of a hundred reasons.

You know, the more I dig around on the internet to find out why people crop their dogs' ears, it is amazing how many baldface liars there are, and how many owners that talk about the great temperament of their dogs and how their dogs are harmless are really just fighting them on weekends and teaching them to be aggressive while claiming they are "well-mannered". Here are some:

https://hqbullies.com/testimonials/

Here is a pitbull that had natural ears that killed a kid. Strange since all aggressive dogs have cropped ears so they can fight. This owner must just not have gotten around to it yet.

https://www.kmph.com/story/11384153/delhi-toddler-killed-in-pit-bull-attack-identified

11384153_BG2.jpg

And another:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publi...o-a-terror-attacks-owner-and-landlord/1083982

herdogbite033010b_114919d.jpg

Since then, Sullivan has struggled to understand why Ruger snapped. In the three years they owned the dog, she said they had never been a hint of violence from the dog.

"Ruger was never mean to anybody," she said. "I wish I could have been in his head to figure out what happened."

So you have fun railing against all available evidence in your quest to be right despite the evidence and facts.

-1 because you forgot to mention anything about tattoos (but the fact that you omitted any cheese references grants you a +1)

just ban anyone with tattoos from owning pitbulls and maybe the problem would be solved? they're the biggest losers in the world, aren't they?

seriously though, this is an interesting discussion with some good points raised on both sides, and I'm starting to think maybe there should be more breed-specific restrictions that I'd originally thought. Still don't think I'd favor a total ban on owning them, but some of the arguments in that regard are compelling.

Hey don't dis the cheese.

So in this example we would have to assume that every little girl was part of a line bred for prostitution, since bulls are part of a line bred for fighting.

Hey don't dis the cheese.

hey, I didn't dis the cheese at all - - my thought was that you had dignified the cheese by omitting from this particular argument. So I was giving you credit for that

:D

correct me if I'm wrong, but I just didn't see cheese fitting into this particular argument at all ;-)

So in this example we would have to assume that every little girl was part of a line bred for prostitution, since bulls are part of a line bred for fighting.

no, those bred for prostitution are those with big breasts whether they are naturally occurring or enhanced through artificial means

My suggestion on this issue is to worry about psychotic jackasses, not the dogs they might own. Fix the psychotic jackass problem, and the dog problem goes away. But even if you can't fix psychotic jackasses, or even get it under control, I'm 100% sure psychotic jackasses pose a much greater threat to my safety than dogs and they always will.

Of course the psychotic jackasses are the also the ones most likely NOT to spay or neuter their pit bulls; which leads to more aggressive pit bulls in the population.

So by basic logic this problem will only get worse. I say a 5K fine to any owner who doesn't spay or neuter their pit bull sounds about right. With the exception of registered show dogs - this way you don't wipe out the population altogether. You just make sure breeding is in the hands of responsible owners.

/Thread

The most hilarious thing is your insistence on all or nothing stances. EVERY owner that ever crops ears are nothing but wifebeater-wearing rednecks who fight their dogs every weekend and cropped the ears so they could be a better fighter, and if they claim it is for aesthetics, they are lying. EVERYONE who ever used marijuana had EXACTLY the same experience you did and if they say they didn't they are lying. Basically, everyone with an opinion or actual experience different than yours is a liar. It is a very convenient, if entirely specious, assertion.
Not to let facts get in the way of your tirade, but I actually never said any of that. I actually said:

Maybe they didn't want it to really be mean, they just wanted it to look mean. Either way, it is still a pretty good indicator about the type of owners that dog has had.

I guess if you don't understand what the cropped ears are for, then it's no surprise you think all pit bulls are inherently evil.

To clarify, I am absolutely not saying that everyone who owns a pit bull is a trailer park loser who fights dogs every weekend. I am saying that if there is a trailer park loser who fights dogs every weekend, he probably has a pit bull.

These are NOT the ONLY irresponsible owners though. Mutilating your dog, just because you think it is "cool" to make him look as ferocious as possible, is irresponsible. Even if you don't intend to fight your dog every weekend, even if you aren't a trailer park loser, you still can't blame it on the breed if your dog turns out to be aggressive after you mutilate him in order to look aggressive.

Also, I never said it was ONLY dogs with clipped ears that were ever aggressive. On the contrary, I said:
And that can (and does) happen with just about any dog breed. It happens more often with pit bulls because that is the trashy losers' dog of choice.

So of course it happens with pit bulls that don't have cropped ears. Check this out:
https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/140106-lab-puppy-kills-2-month-old-baby.html

It happens with all dogs.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. You are saying the "intent" is everything, even posting a bunch of quotes from people saying they only crop ears for cosmetic purposes. Then you argue that the original intent is all that matters, arguing that because pit bulls were originally bred for fighting, then that must be why they are bred now. And if you are not arguing that they must be bred for fighting now, then why would we have to assume a little girl is bred for prostitution just because she had breast implants for "cosmetic" purposes?

Oh, and moe, since you seem to be taking offense at this, let me clarify for you. I, like most men (I am sure), have absolutely nothing against big breasts on women. I have nothing against breast implants either. I am simply saying that if you have a little girl, and you give her breast implants, then it is not responsible parenting and I wouldn't blame it on her race if she turned out to be a slut. Now if an adult chooses to get breast implants, that is another matter altogether (and I have no problem with it whatsoever). I am not saying big breasts are linked to sluts. But I am saying breast implants on little girls isn't responsible parenting, and irresponsible parenting can absolutely lead to little girls growing up to be sluts.

The relevant questions seem to be:

1. Are Pit bulls inherently more aggressive/dangerous than other breeds?

2. Does cropping ears ("mutilating") actually affect a dog's level of aggression?

I don't care to dig up evidence on either side of either of those questions, but if I cared about this issue that's where I'd start.

Mutilating your dog, just because you think it is "cool" to make him look as ferocious as possible, is irresponsible. Even if you don't intend to fight your dog every weekend, even if you aren't a trailer park loser, you still can't blame it on the breed if your dog turns out to be aggressive after you mutilate him in order to look aggressive.

So your argument is that clipping ears and docking tails to comform to recognized standards will make the dog aggressive?!? And that there is no other reason to clip ears and dock tails?? This is hands down the dumbest thing you have ever said. Bar none. You are so woefully uneducated regarding this subject it is mind-boggling. You have no facts to back up your argument. Log and others have at least presented some facts. You argue against the facts and place your opinion as more relevant. Truly incredible.

So your argument is that clipping ears and docking tails to comform to recognized standards will make the dog aggressive?!? And that there is no other reason to clip ears and dock tails?? This is hands down the dumbest thing you have ever said. Bar none. You are so woefully uneducated regarding this subject it is mind-boggling. You have no facts to back up your argument. Log and others have at least presented some facts. You argue against the facts and place your opinion as more relevant. Truly incredible.
I actually posted a link (which is common knowledge anyway, but still posted proof) showing that pit bulls ears were originally clipped so they didn't get hurt during fights. If someone is clipping them to conform to a standard, this is the standard they are trying to meet. Whether they intend to fight the dog, or they just want it to look like a fighter, the cropped ears were originally meant to make the dog a better fighter.

Try reading a little before you go off on your rants. When you say I haven't posted any facts you are either flat out lying, or you haven't read everything.

Last edited: