• Bufkin with #16 pick

• Hood-shchifino with #16 pick

• No point guard, draft wings with #9 and #16

Results are only viewable after voting.

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Thoughts?

Obviously if you draft a point guard at #16, that means you can grab a wing with the #9, and vice versa.

Interested to see everyone’s thoughts.

Draft the best players available and don't worry about position. With the only exception being if it's a traditional non shooting center.

I'd try to trade up from #9 to take Cam Whitmore or Ausar Thompson. If we stay at #9, I'd take GG Jackson or maybe Keyonte George. If we stay at #16, I like Bilal. There's a legit chance that Bilal can be like Penny Hardaway in a year or two. It's a swing that might miss, but it's worth taking.

Neither George nor Bufkin is likely to be available at #16. The Jazz would need to package #16 and #28 (or a protected future 1st) and move up a few spots. There's smoke around OKC liking George and Toronto liking Bufkin.

Jazz should also see what Dallas is asking for to move off of #10. Jazz could take GG and Dick/Keyonte/Wallace back to back. Jazz are going to have to pay to move around and get the players they want, but they have the assets to do it. Those assets don't have value if they never get used.

Last edited:
I'd try to trade up from #9 to take Cam Whitmore or Ausar Thompson. If we stay at #9, I'd take GG Jackson or maybe Keyonte George. If we stay at #16, I like Bilal. There's a legit chance that Bilal can be like Penny Hardaway in a year or two. It's a swing that might miss, but it's worth taking.

Neither George nor Bufkin is likely to be available at #16. The Jazz would need to package #16 and #28 (or a protected future 1st) and move up a few spots. There's smoke around OKC liking George and Toronto liking Bufkin.

Jazz should also see what Dallas is asking for to move off of #10. Jazz could take GG and Dick/Keyonte/Wallace back to back. Jazz are going to have to pay to move around and get the players they want, but they have the assets to do it. Those assets don't have value if they never get used.
My ideal scenario is probably the same. Move up from 9 to get Ausar and at 16 one of Bufkin/George/Bilal (whoever is left). If we stay where we are and none of the bigest names slide Black at 9 (and if he’s gone Cason) and Bilal at 16.

My ideal scenario is probably the same. Move up from 9 to get Ausar and at 16 one of Bufkin/George/Bilal (whoever is left). If we stay where we are and none of the bigest names slide Black at 9 (and if he’s gone Cason) and Bilal at 16.
Hahaha .. love the username bro.,

My stance on the draft is in my sig.

Pretty self explanatory.

In my opinion, the NBA is becoming wing dominant, so grab a scoring wing at #9.

Then grab a point guard at #16.

I don’t think the gab between Black/Wallace and Keyonte/Bufkin is large enough to justify the reach.

FWIW PG is literally the most valuable position in the NBA: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/positional/

That said, I think you pick the best player available, and by available I mean moving up using our abundance of draft picks if there is an opportunity. As someone else said, the only position you don't draft early would be a non-shooting big. When it gets to our pick, if there are prospects that are available, but rated equally, we desperately need guys who can pass and play make for others.

My stance on the draft is in my sig.

Pretty self explanatory.

In my opinion, the NBA is becoming wing dominant, so grab a scoring wing at #9.

Then grab a point guard at #16.

I don’t think the gab between Black/Wallace and Keyonte/Bufkin is large enough to justify the reach.

I'm not sure Keyonte or Bufkin are actual point guards. Or at least, I'm not sure they are good enough passers/distributers to lead a team that has minimal passing from our other positions.

bufkin definitely not a pg. keyonte is a skilled passer and ball handler who can make plays, but probably will never be a full time lead guard - he's either a SG or a straight combo guard.

FWIW PG is literally the most valuable position in the NBA: https://www.spotrac.com/nba/positional/

That said, I think you pick the best player available, and by available I mean moving up using our abundance of draft picks if there is an opportunity. As someone else said, the only position you don't draft early would be a non-shooting big. When it gets to our pick, if there are prospects that are available, but rated equally, we desperately need guys who can pass and play make for others.

Is it? Who’s the best guard left in the playoffs outside of Jamal Murray?

Bufkin is a PG at the NBA level. So is Keyonte probably. They will have to learn the position, but so will anyone, even guys who played PG in college. Most college teams have upperclassmen who are 6' tall who have to play PG, so guys like Bufkin/Keyonte (even Cason for most of the season) dont get those full-time reps. But that's also how the NBA works, not a lot of ball dominant PGs, most share duties with another player.

Bufkin is a PG at the NBA level. So is Keyonte probably. They will have to learn the position, but so will anyone, even guys who played PG in college. Most college teams have upperclassmen who are 6' tall who have to play PG, so guys like Bufkin/Keyonte (even Cason for most of the season) dont get those full-time reps
bufkin will never be a full time pg. he'll initiate offense at times (like everybody in the league does nowadays), but he'll never be a starting lead guard in the league.