Which point guard should we DRAFT?

• Black with #9 pick

• Cason with #9 pick

• Keynote with #16 pick

• Bufkin with #16 pick

• Hood-shchifino with #16 pick

• No point guard, draft wings with #9 and #16

Results are only viewable after voting.
On the other hand, who is the best player on miami that is leading this sweep of brown and tatum? Thats right, another big wing (jimmy butler)
Yes, and we have Lauri as a big wing. I would argue that the role players play on Miami is more important than Butler to their success.

I do wonder what Bufkin would like as a full time PG, I think his best moments are on the ball and he'd be really productive getting a lot of PnR reps. He might bridge that gap to Black/Wallace.

Having said that, his job is also a million times easier because he plays in a much better offense. This is what Black and Wallace face when they go inside the paint:

giphy.gif

He's so damn smooth with his footwork around the basket. If you're a fan of just looking at the way a guy moves, he's and A+ with his long strides and length. He elevates so easily off of either foot. Definitely needs to be on the American see food diet though.

He probably won't become the man amongst boys, Giannis-esque player he was at the junior level.....but with time I think he can be a dominant slasher to go with his excellent defensive tools.

Kobe Bufkin vs Ohio State (1H)

- Active defender, does a good job around screens and has really good hustle. Very impressed with him on this end.
- Doesn't play a lot of PG tbh. Spent way more time off the ball
- Great first step
- Doesn't favor one hand while dribbling, but when around the basket favors his left
- He's a tough player, but very skinny
- I wish Cason and Black played at Michigan

- Two possessions in and you can tell Michigan actually plays offense from this century
- Deep straight away three goes in. Shot looks great.
- Snatches an athletic rebound outside of his zone
- Gets lost in defensive coverage navigating screens
- Gets beat off the dribble as the opposing guard rejects the screen, much better on the next defensive possession
- What are they feeding guys at Ohio State? Everyone seems like they could lose 10 lbs lol.
- Attacks closeout and gets two FT's
- Good defense and screen navigation against the chunky OSU guard. Does it again next possession
- Shows nice burst getting to the basket in semi transition. Finishes through contact. Could have been an an1
- Super quick drive leads to floater, misses but gets it back and finishes
- Good hustle guy chases rebounds on both ends
- Good heads up interior pass cuts the defense
- Easy basket on set play cut
- Gets every loose ball, Grayson Allen Esque!!!!
- Digs down on post and creates turnover
- Spot up 3 off of pindown misses
- Good defense against screens on last possession. We gotta talk about this guy's defense more

Keyonte George (2H) vs Arkansas

Summary
- Loves going to his left, no hesitation to shoot. Shots always look good, don't always go in. Puts a ton of pressure on the defense because he will shoot anything and everything.
- He's a high risk passer, the opposite of someone like Cason Wallace. Goes for the risky tough pass often, mixed results
- Physical player on both ends, especially around the basket
- Defensive effort is inconsistent. Can be a drifter off the ball but is highly engaged when the play is around him. Not a multiple effort type of guy, just not alert enough.

- Being defended by Jordan Walsh
- First offensive possession comes off a screen on a BLOB play. Leans into Walsh, didn't get the foul call
- Baylor is in a 1-3-1 zone. Keyonte not super active on the weakside
- Anthony Black tests Keyonte on a closeout and draws the foul
- Man Jordan Walsh in the cringiest offensive player ever lol
- Nice hustle rebound, tries a crazy one handed bounce pass in transition but Black steals it
- Another hustle rebound, this time makes a good pass in transition for an assist
- Left hand drive, Walsh good defense but Keyonte hits the mid range shot in his face anyways
- Semi transition, nice in an out move. Almost looses it but recovers and gets the and1 with a physical finish
- Way more active an attentive on defense now
- Pullup three no hesitation in PnR, misses
- Gives up open 3, kind of the zone's fault but should have been better
- ARK straight double teams him at half court. Easy one handed bounce pass to the corner for an assist
- High PnR, gets inside the paint for an open floater, misses. Over the back breaker on the rebound
- Iso against big man, pulls up from mid range but misses
- Lots of off ball movement and running of of screens. Nice pocket to the big
- Anthony Black on him now, ARK has been guarding him the second he crosses half court
- Good play design leads to another open floater. He makes it this time.
- A little slow to rotate on defense, but ends up getting a deflection when digging down on a big
- High PnR, he goes left almost every time....This time makes a physical and contested shot at the rim
- Another PnR going left, snakes it this time and steps back for a dagger 3
- Anthony Black is having a miserable time against these screens
- Good defense, but gets tripped by a screen? Weird play
- Two clutch FT's to ice the game

None of the so called lottery level point guards will be the BPA at 9, maybe at 16 one of them will be the bpa.
Silly Jazz fanz obsessing over needs on a team far from structured. The PG's in this draft are all liabilities in some way outside of Henderson, and even he needs to improve his shooting a lot.
Hardy wouldn't want one single one of them in charge of running hius offense next season, so if they draft one, its to play behind some vet for a couple seasons, and he is somebody they drafted late first.

None of the so called lottery level point guards will be the BPA at 9, maybe at 16 one of them will be the bpa.
Silly Jazz fanz obsessing over needs on a team far from structured. The PG's in this draft are all liabilities in some way outside of Henderson, and even he needs to improve his shooting a lot.
Hardy wouldn't want one single one of them in charge of running hius offense next season, so if they draft one, its to play behind some vet for a couple seasons, and he is somebody they drafted late first.
Airpodz?

Won't be the bpa at 9 for sure, and probably won't last to 20 let alone 28 at this stage imo.
Sure if he is there at 16 it's a strong possibility they could see him as a good enough playmaker to use as the main ball handler. So yeah he could creep into the convo, as could Hood if they really want a project. I think it's more like Danny were to go Bailey, or Beekman if they really want to draft a fringe ready point guard,instead of bringing someone in via free agency. I am looking at a late first sleeper like Tristan Newton, Bailey or Beekman at 28 to be more probable target, or maybe we can get one of Kendrick Davis or Gortman UDFA instead

On the other hand, who is the best player on miami that is leading this sweep of brown and tatum? Thats right, another big wing (jimmy butler)
I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn’t be upset at all if 2/3 or even all 3 picks were used on wings. I think in today’s NBA, there’s no such thing as having too many wings. If you get a few that can defend and knock down 3s, you’re basically guaranteed a playoff spot and you’re probably going to go far. The teams that still have “traditional positions” are the teams with the least amount of roster flexibility. It’s why the clippers when healthy are so dangerous. It’s why the Suns probably would’ve been better off without the KD trade. They would’ve been better off with the depth that Bridges and Johnson gave them. I think the NBA might just be too athletic and fast for traditional positions.

I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn’t be upset at all if 2/3 or even all 3 picks were used on wings. I think in today’s NBA, there’s no such thing as having too many wings. If you get a few that can defend and knock down 3s, you’re basically guaranteed a playoff spot and you’re probably going to go far. The teams that still have “traditional positions” are the teams with the least amount of roster flexibility. It’s why the clippers when healthy are so dangerous. It’s why the Suns probably would’ve been better off without the KD trade. They would’ve been better off with the depth that Bridges and Johnson gave them. I think the NBA might just be too athletic and fast for traditional positions.
The counter example to this is this year's Toronto Raptors. There is a limit to marching out a team full of wings.