What's new

Who are we drafting? Pick one player!

i think they will pick hendricks. not my first choice, but i like him and would be fine with it. again, that's a will pick (or a prediction), not who i think they should pick.
Who do you think they should pick?

That's interesting. Yes, if Walker is off to board, it becomes likely the Pacers will take Hendricks. Maybe Detroit will do the deal contingent upon the Jazz not drafting Walker -- e.g., "Yes, we'll trade, but you can't take our guy."
Then ainge says, oops. Sorry.

My explanation will be a bit long, but here we go:

I think we see the Jazz move up not once, but TWICE. Every single thing I’ve read about the 2024 draft is how awful it’s going to be. Couple that with the fact that next year, we probably won’t have a 1st rounder as it’s pretty unlikely IMO that Utah finishes in the bottom 10 of the standings.

Trader Danny see’s this as an opportunity to make some hay in the ‘23 draft by parting with some of our bountiful supply of assets. The Jazz move up to ensure they get Walker with their 1st pick, and even though this is a thread solely about who they select first, I’ll bring my prediction full circle and guess that after selecting Walker, they move up in the 10-13 range to select Bufkin.

I see that scenario as a grand slam and would go to sleep on Thursday night a very happy boy.
I would like a walker bufkin draft

I’m guessing we trade 9, 28, and a future somewhat protected 1st to move up to 5 and draft Black. Or up to 7 to do it just including 28.

I love how you can tell JFC pick one player for an exercise/thought experiment and half the posters will give multiple players.
I blame the OP. The Jazz are sitting on 3 first round picks, an absolute treasure trove of assets, a few players currently on the roster that should move the needle with quite a few teams across the league and he asks us to choose just ONE?? That **** is just cruel and unusual.

That’s like having Margot Robbie, Olivia Wilde, and (insert your personal favorite here) asking you to go skinny dipping with all of them and you tell 2 of them to stay home.

I blame the OP. The Jazz are sitting on 3 first round picks, an absolute treasure trove of assets, a few players currently on the roster that should move the needle with quite a few teams across the league and he asks us to choose just ONE?? That **** is just cruel and unusual.

That’s like having Margot Robbie, Olivia Wilde, and (insert your personal favorite here) asking you to go skinny dipping with all of them and you tell 2 of them to stay home.
Brother we have a number of threads about draft prospects. You can give your nuanced opinion in those threads. This isnt that thread.