Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Dante Exum?

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Royce O'Neale

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
Of the non-Mitchell/Gobert pool of players, who on the team has the best trade value? I'm not including Mitchell or Gobert because they are the bedrock of the team AND I think getting equal or greater value on the market is nearly impossible.

CONTRACTS FACTOR IN HERE as we are talking about trade value.

Notes:
-I don't know the particulars of Exum and his ability to be traded with where his contract is right now. Can rights be traded before either a new deal is reached or the QO accepted?
-I didn't include The Trio of non-guaranteeds (Sefolosha, Jerebko, Udoh) because they will be the first to come up in talks and their value is so versatile. I guess I just look at it as it goes without saying they'll be dangled/it's a given. The other issue is in order to nab a very good player, the other team needs to receive actual good rotational players and better to get them, and I think their value is mostly financial.
-Ingles is weird. The league and the fans thereof continued to think he's some bum, so those perceptions combined with his contract and how much I love him has never caused me to think about him as an asset. But Jesus, he's gotta have some value at this point, right? After all of the ranting about culture, I am very reluctant to include him on the list as I view him as crucial to that, but if he's the difference in swinging a deal for a legit primary option? IDK.
-I love Crowder. I am unapologetically a homer, I want to keep him. But I'm curious.
-I don't know what O'Neale's value is at all. Seems like it could be nothing to some teams and high for others.
-Rubio is in one of those weird situations where he's a good player so his expiring deal maybe works against his value.

****. I don't know that I really wanna trade anyone. I guess this is as much an exercise as anything.

Ingles. He has outperformed his contract already and I think a number of teams would jump on a deal to get him on their team. He helps the team in so many ways and has a fair contract. We would get more back from trading him, than we would with the others, imo.

Guys like Ingles, Crowder, and O'Neale would have value to playoff teams or teams on the edge of pseudocontention, because they're value deals who come in and play a great role. Non-playoff teams won't value that much because they have much bigger fish to fry. A contending team likely wouldn't give up a valuable piece because they're trying to contend, but they may give up something of promise (of which they likely may not have), so it'd have to be a multi team trade, but I have no idea.

Ingles, followed by O'Neale and Crowder. Burks has negative value. He's not worth his contract and the Jazz would need to include other assets. That switches around at the trade deadline in Feb when his contract is a nice expiring asset.

Ingles has the most value as he's the best player on the list.....But I don't want him traded.
Crowder is probably next as his contract is fair and he's a valuable player in the right situation.
Burks is not worth a lot, They'll be lucky to find a taker that doesn't want the Jazz to add to the deal.
Exum can't be traded, at least that's how I understand it.
O'neal is a nice story but not sure he has real value around the league and I don't think they can get what he's worth to them.

I think it has to be Ingles at this point. One of the best 3 point shooters in the league, good ball handler, passer and playmaker, solid defender and a great locker room guy. I think he turned a lot of heads and gained a lot of recognition with his play in the playoffs.

I had a hard time choosing between Ingles and O'Neale and it's all because of O'Neale's contract. You can rarely find a quality contributor for less than $2 million these days.

Ingles. He has outperformed his contract already and I think a number of teams would jump on a deal to get him on their team. He helps the team in so many ways and has a fair contract. We would get more back from trading him, than we would with the others, imo.
iawtp

However he is also on my short-list of no-trade players unless we get a stupid offer from someone or he is part of a bundle deal to bring us a star, like maybe Butler or something, but otherwise I want to hold onto him. He does just what you say, and right now does it for our team. Maybe trade him in a couple of years when he is starting to slow down, but right now I prefer to have him right here.

Ingles, followed by O'Neale and Crowder. Burks has negative value. He's not worth his contract and the Jazz would need to include other assets. That switches around at the trade deadline in Feb when his contract is a nice expiring asset.
They'd have to include assets if they want to take no returning salary, sure. But if the Jazz are willing to take on salary, I think the value is positive.

Rubio on his expiring would be interesting to other teams I’m sure. Add in Burks and that is 26 mil worth of expiring contracts.

This would be valuable in two situations. A team willing to unload a top-10 pick w/ a bad contract. Or a team trading a good player with a big contract (Wiggins, Love) to make the salaries match.

Although, Rubio is worth more to the team than just an expiring contract. That is where it works against him.

We have some really ****ing nice contracts going forward.

- Crowder for 2 more years at 7.3 and 7.8 mil
- Mitchell for 3 more years at 3.1, 3.6, and 5.2 mil before he hits RFA
- O’Neale for 2 more years at 1.2 and 1.6 mil
- Ingles contract was front-loaded so his salary for the next three years is 13, 11.9, and 10.8 mil. That’s such a sweet contract for us going forward. What a steal.

We only have 52 mil of guaranteed contracts going into 2019 FA as of right now as well. We’re pretty set up for the future.

Long story short, I don’t really want to trade any of these dudes on great contracts. Our best option trade wise would be to package Rubio/Burks plus picks in a big deal for a really good player.

Last edited:
Ingles is almost in the untradeable category for me, as far as his fit with the team. He makes absolutely everyone better, he’s a coach on the floor, the team and community love him, he’s on a fair contract. You’d have to get a ransom in return.

For his price, compared to the price of other options, I’d hesitate unless you get a sure fire, perfect fit star, like Jimmy Butler. There is almost no team in the league he wouldn’t improve.

How does Alec Burks have the same amount of votes as Rubio, O'Neal and Crowder combined? AB may have rehabbed his value a little bit in the playoffs but there's no way he has more value than those other guys.

Getting equal or greater value for Ingles would be difficult as well. He's real good.
Very true. He would be easy to trade, you can get more than his contract, but can you get what he's actually worth to the team... probably not.
I wouldn't trade him, but he would be the easiest to offload if you were dumb enough to make that move or found someone dumb enough to give us someone better.

What can we get for Crowder? Not much I think.

Rubio probably has more value? And if Exum makes meaningful improvements next season, Rubio would be the most expendable.