Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Alec Burks

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Dante Exum?

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Royce O'Neale

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
How does Alec Burks have the same amount of votes as Rubio, O'Neal and Crowder combined? AB may have rehabbed his value a little bit in the playoffs but there's no way he has more value than those other guys.

QS could design plays for AB and turn him into an assassin again. Putting him in Harden's 4-1 ISO with three weak side wings and Gobert picking on the strong side and rolling could get a lot of good looks. Start adding wrinkles like Gobert flashing up but then screening Ingles on a flex cut and you are in business. Start having Favors pick for the 2nd wing position and reverse for the oop, pressing the corner defender and possibly leaving an over-the-top 3 pass.

Utah can turn AB into a tradable asset. He needs and has been working on his decision making. That is key.

Notes:
-I don't know the particulars of Exum and his ability to be traded with where his contract is right now. Can rights be traded before either a new deal is reached or the QO accepted?
-I didn't include The Trio of non-guaranteeds (Sefolosha, Jerebko, Udoh) because they will be the first to come up in talks and their value is so versatile. I guess I just look at it as it goes without saying they'll be dangled/it's a given. The other issue is in order to nab a very good player, the other team needs to receive actual good rotational players and better to get them, and I think their value is mostly financial.
-Ingles is weird. The league and the fans thereof continued to think he's some bum, so those perceptions combined with his contract and how much I love him has never caused me to think about him as an asset. But Jesus, he's gotta have some value at this point, right? After all of the ranting about culture, I am very reluctant to include him on the list as I view him as crucial to that, but if he's the difference in swinging a deal for a legit primary option? IDK.
-I love Crowder. I am unapologetically a homer, I want to keep him. But I'm curious.
-I don't know what O'Neale's value is at all. Seems like it could be nothing to some teams and high for others.
-Rubio is in one of those weird situations where he's a good player so his expiring deal maybe works against his value.

****. I don't know that I really wanna trade anyone. I guess this is as much an exercise as anything.

A) fans don’t make trades, GM’s do
B) GM’s know the value of Ingles
C) if you didn’t say Ingles delete your account

QS could design plays for AB and turn him into an assassin again. Putting him in Harden's 4-1 ISO with three weak side wings and Gobert picking on the strong side and rolling could get a lot of good looks. Start adding wrinkles like Gobert flashing up but then screening Ingles on a flex cut and you are in business. Start having Favors pick for the 2nd wing position and reverse for the oop, pressing the corner defender and possibly leaving an over-the-top 3 pass.

Utah can turn AB into a tradable asset. He needs and has been working on his decision making. That is key.
But why would they do that. Change their offense to fit at best their 8th best player? That'd be really stupid.

Is O’Neale worth a first? Because that’s what we gave up for Rubio, and he had probably his best year, and you have O’Neale ahead of Rubio, just wondering
Not saying he's right. But O'Neale makes 2.8M for the next 2 seasons. Ricky makes 5X's that much just next season.

Not saying he's right. But O'Neale makes 2.8M for the next 2 seasons. Ricky makes 5X's that much just next season.

That’s great, but fact is Rubio has established value in the first round as he was traded for a first then had his best year. Based on the fact that Cy said O’Neale is more valuable, does he consider him worth a first? I’m not sure yet. I could go either way at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is O’Neale worth a first? Because that’s what we gave up for Rubio, and he had probably his best year, and you have O’Neale ahead of Rubio, just wondering
To who?

I think the Jazz would want to keep Royce.
1. He is a gret defender
2. He is Don's BFF on the team

I dont think any team would trade their first for him either. The chance of getting someone better than Royce is just too tempting for teams to give that up + a draft pick will have 4 years at the rookie scale vs Royce's 2 years left at the minimum.

But why would they do that. Change their offense to fit at best their 8th best player? That'd be really stupid.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate your posts and bball knowledge as -459, which is the Kelvine absolute zero temperature. You calling something stupid is like listening to a Carrey and Daniels discussion.

On a scale of 1-10 I would rate your posts and bball knowledge as -459, which is the Kelvine absolute zero temperature. You calling something stupid is like listening to a Carrey and Daniels discussion.

He is close to your rating in chemistry/physics metaphors.

Refresher class: Zero Kelvin (not Kelvine) is absolute zero. Not negative 459
Zero Kelvin is negative 273.15 Celcius
Zero Rankin is negative 459.67 Fahrenheit (the number is close but your units are a mess)

So you do think they should build their offense around Burks.

I appreciate knowing that I was correct because instead of addressing the issue you attack me instead.

So thanks for the win And **** you very much.

Zero Rankin is negative 459.67 Fahrenheit (the number is close but your units are a mess)
May want to take another glance. Sans the additional ‘e’ and the rounded-down decimal, everything is what you said.

I hope to god both Exum and Rubio play great ball assuming the jazz bring back Exum, I think both could be valuable trade assets

1a. Ingles
1b. Crowder
2. Royce (Small contract for a potentially good 3D wing? Yes please)
3. The Ungs (clumped together, easy to clear cap space in a hurry. Otherwise, small priced deals that sound collective like a Swedish death metal band)
4. Rubio (expiring next year, very competent guard worth the contract)
5. Burks (expiring)
6. Bradley (unknown really at this point).

So you do think they should build their offense around Burks.

I appreciate knowing that I was correct because instead of addressing the issue you attack me instead.

So thanks for the win And **** you very much.

I didn't know love was censored.

All your premises were faulty and I didn't care to explain anything to someone who couldn't understand it anyway.

Change the offense to cater to building Burks' value? Yeah, what I posted is still 41 motion with more specialized wrinkles based on personnel strength. These players already understand these changes as they have to watch film and guard against them all the time.

Implying that offensive-defensive balancing schemes don't grow and adapt as the team gels? Okey dokie.

Implying that QS can't find ways to exploit the things we all have seen Burks be great at? Mmmkay, what good is a head coach amirite?

So, there was no point in dialogue. You can pin that win medal on your chest now?

Last edited:

It's degrees F not Fahrenheit. Do you care to correct your correction?

Despite mediocre to poor production, I'd say Jae. He has two years left on a good deal, is tough, a good defender, and is a stretch 4, something highly desired in today's league. Teams will also see how he performed (ie, shot) in Boston for a year or two and think he could replicate that. He's also just 28 years old.

Ingles would never net us the value that he brings to this team, ditto Rubio who I think is underrated in the league, Burks just wouldn't net us much given his contract and the fact that he has one year left, O'Neale would never net us a 1st for reasons Cy mentioned, and Exum's a RFA so I'm not sure what value he really has given his awkward career.

So yeah, Jae imo. I think he could perhaps net us something like the 14th pick in this draft, maybe even as high as those Clips picks. If the Clips use their first 1st on a solid player, and were to (hypothetically of course, I'm not promoting the idea) give us their next 1st for Jae (don't even think they have the cap room doe), they'd have built a pretty damn good squad.

Beverly-Euro dude
Lou
Harris-12th pick
Jae-Gallo
Jordan

I may even be forgetting a player or two.

But yeah, I could see Jae netting us a good return.

Like maybe Charlotte did the 11th pick for Jae and 21? That franchise is dumb and could really use a tough stretch 4 like Jae. They'd also have 21 still.

Again, I'm not promoting the idea but of anyone on our team, I think he offers the most value so far as trading goes with another team. I think.

If Rubio shoots well for an entire year next year, what does that do for his value the following year?

I don't know that it does much since his expiring status then almost works against the value. It makes him hard to re-sign though.