What's new

Who of our 2nd round picks ends up the best NBA player?

Who ends up being the best NBA player?

• Juwan Morgan

• Miye Oni

• Justin Wright-Foreman

• Jarrell Brantley

• Other undrafted player we bring in

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oni has to be first. Best NBA body, best athlete, and the youngest.

JWF would be the 2nd. Has a NBA skill.

Brantley would be 3rd. NBA body and length, but I question his skill and athleticism at the NBA level.

I'm going to say Hermione. Jazz have one of the best screen assist guys in the league. All a wing needs to do is to be able to hit open 3's.

I'll be pulling for all 4. Couldn't really get behind Tripper last year. Hated the pick. Not sad to see him move on. But that 40 point game might just have made him a good trade chip.

If Oni pans out it will be huge for us. We really need youth, athleticism and depth on the wing. And getting it for cheap similar to the way we do with Royce would be even better.

Yeah he was. But Oni basically was too. Oni just played one of his college eligible years at Suffield Academy because he missed the enrollment period at Yale. Oni was born in August of 97. JWF in October of 97.
Damn, they both pretty young for seniors then.

Reactions: SCS
I don't know who is going to be best long term, but I could see Miye Oni getting the most minutes as a rookie. He's ready to step into a back-up guard role that Grayson Allen just vacated. Brantley probably needs to show he can shoot pretty consistently before he gets in the rotation. Justin Wright-Foreman probably has the most upside, since he can create his own shot and score the ball at a high level.

I don't know who is going to be best long term, but I could see Miye Oni getting the most minutes as a rookie. He's ready to step into a back-up guard role that Grayson Allen just vacated. Brantley probably needs to show he can shoot pretty consistently before he gets in the rotation. Justin Wright-Foreman probably has the most upside, since he can create his own shot and score the ball at a high level.
If jwf makes the team, he may be the back up point if the jazz have to cut ties with Neto. In that scenario, he could see a lot of PT.

If jwf makes the team, he may be the back up point if the jazz have to cut ties with Neto. In that scenario, he could see a lot of PT.

I think the Jazz still see Exum as the backup PG, but I guess we'll see.

Incidentally, I'm comparing Justin Wright-Foreman to Kemba Walker at UConn. Aside from playing in a tougher conference (Big East), Walker was a quicker, more efficient athlete with a superior motor. This is reflected in Kemba's superior steal rate (1.9 spg v. .9 spg). But otherwise, JWF's stats are really impressive and compare well to Walker's across the board. Walker and JWF are basically the same height, and JWF has +4 inches of wingspan compared to Walker.

The question for JWF will be whether he is quick and athletic enough to be more than a backup guard in the NBA. This should be apparent early on. He's probably pretty close. I'm not saying he can be Kemba, but if he can add strength and improve his defense, he might be more than a backup.

Edit: Probably a more realistic expectation for JWF is Shabazz Napier, though JWF is more skilled as a pure scorer.

Last edited:
Right now, I have a hard time seeing Brantley as more than a backup energy big in the mold of a Montrezl Harrell or Carl Landry. He's got a big body and length, but his skills at an NBA level aren't exceptional, unless it turns out he can really shoot the ball. Granted, Harrell and Landry are/were solid rotation players.

All of them. They all end up being solid contributors. Watch.[/QUOTE. I haven’t seen any of our new guys play but they all seem to have a chip on their shoulder and I really believe the jazz wanted these guys not just picking warm bodies to suit up. Wouldn’t it be cool to see a couple or more of these guys tcontribute at what they do best this year. This is a fun fun time to be a jazz fan

I’m surprised how much I like them all tbh. Like it’s highly highly likely all three flame out completely.

But they all seem like easy guys to root for who will make a huge effort to make contributions to the team. So it’s hard to narrow it down to the one(s) who will succeed.

Excited for Summer League!