What's new

Who the **** booed Korver and why?

One of birthday presents was a row 5 seat behind the CHI bench. My seat was right next to the exercise bike for CHI, literaly 2m from me across the railing. Korver came to ride it in the 2nd and he got a lot of love from fans arounds me, male and female. People were telling him they still like him...

He passed up open looks to preserve some ******* record while the team is trying to get home court advantage. His record preservation attempt was obvious. Boozer gets killed because he seemed to sit out too long with injuries, but I never thought that Boozer didn't bust his *** on the court. I can't say the same about Korver. But, for the record, I didn't boo any of them last night. If I booed any of them, it would have been Korver for his ******** record preservation.

Well ****ing said.

Honz, get a ****ing clue. Seriously.

I went to the game too. Boozer's really the only one that got booed like crazy.... and he got destroyed.

I don't think a lot of fans are even aware of this. I think some fans there are just retarded and feel burned. I was disappointed when Korver got booed because of his charity efforts and how much he gave to this community. Sad day in Utah.

I'm pretty sure everyone who watched the last 3 games of last season knows this happened.

When he finally admitted it I don't recall anyone being especially surprised.

I don't think it's necessarily normal, but it's not strange to boo a player after he leaves your organization. I don't think that will impact any player's thoughts about coming to Utah.

I have booed four ex-Jazz players after they left:

Shandon Anderson
Donyell Marshall
Derek Fisher
Raja Bell

I gave Bryon Russell a pass, but thought he should have kept his ****ing mouth shut after he went to Washington.

He passed up open looks to preserve some ******* record while the team is trying to get home court advantage. His record preservation attempt was obvious. Boozer gets killed because he seemed to sit out too long with injuries, but I never thought that Boozer didn't bust his *** on the court. I can't say the same about Korver. But, for the record, I didn't boo any of them last night. If I booed any of them, it would have been Korver for his ******** record preservation.

Did anyone actually notice him passing up shots, though? I didn't. It only came up, at least on a big scale, once some vague quote from a random interview got posted on Jazzfanz.

Edit: Also, even if he did pass up a few shots does that mean he didn't play his *** of for the Jazz? Deron has passed up shots because he is pouting...we don't boo him...well until tomorrow at least.

Jazz fans would boo anyone that left their team. Booing Fisher and then seeing Kobe rip the Jazz a new one was hilarious. Has Jazz fans booed Sundiata Gaines yet? wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, I noticed him passing up shots. How could you watch and not notice? He may have great in the community but it doesn't excuse his play at the end of last season. That was about his personal stats and not what was best for the team.

teen-pregnancy-birthday-cake.jpg

Korver did pass up 3s he should have taken. I rememeber some of those shots. Not much time on the shot clock, Jazz are behind but within striking distance. Korver is open behind the arch, gets the pass, looks at the shot, he's wide open, then he passes to someone else who is not a world record holding 3pt shooter and the Jazz don't get any points on that possesion. Jazz lose the game, don't get HC in the first round.

He passed on shots we needed him to take. It was to preserve his % so he could get the record. If he wanted to stay in Utah he should have done what he could to help us win games.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care if a player does a lot of highly publicized charity? If a player or any person wants to be charitable that's great. It doesn't change the way I think about the rest of what they do. I also don't know if other players give more in ways we never see.

I hate Korver because he replaced Sheen. Ruined the show. Now they ought to rename it 1 1/2 men plus a pretty boy.