What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is he even allowed to sign an extension with us in the time period we’d have him before the trade deadline?

He is desired by other teams who will likewise give him as much money as we would. Why does he pick Utah?

Did you like the Hayward situation so much you’d do it again?
I think in Feb he is extension eligible. Luckily for him to get to a contender he'd likely need our cooperation so could do an opt in and trade. Likely getting 50% of what we spent in that scenario. I think if we do a deal for him he will have given some verbal assurance that he'd stick around or at least work with us.

Jrue is extension eligible Feb 13… trade deadline was Feb 9 last year. So you could get a deal to the goal line and if he isn’t feeling it you move him. Unless he gets hurt… in which case he might opt in anyway.

I think we’d be shocked at how good we could be if we pulled it off. We’d have two top 30 guys who are both two way players and some other high quality parts… with a great coach. The roster would instantly make just so much more sense.

I think in Feb he is extension eligible. Luckily for him to get to a contender he'd likely need our cooperation so could do an opt in and trade. Likely getting 50% of what we spent in that scenario. I think if we do a deal for him he will have given some verbal assurance that he'd stick around or at least work with us.
I thought he can't get extended until the end of the season. Not sure though.

Although not easy, it’s not out of the question we could get him. Trader Danny has surprised folks before.

Jrue is extension eligible Feb 13… trade deadline was Feb 9 last year. So you could get a deal to the goal line and if he isn’t feeling it you move him. Unless he gets hurt… in which case he might opt in anyway.

I think we’d be shocked at how good we could be if we pulled it off. We’d have two top 30 guys who are both two way players and some other high quality parts… with a great coach. The roster would instantly make just so much more sense.
And after you make that deal you're just one deal away from being incredibly dangerous

I thought he can't get extended until the end of the season. Not sure though.
Actually the Feb date was for his last extension. There was an article saying he is eligible to sign an extension on January 23... which is ideal. Not sure if the trade changes that but I don't think it should.

You have a few months to figure it out... if you can't then you can move him at the deadline?

Every time I think about it I like it more… you have 4 play finishers in the starting lineup assuming Collins starts. You need to feed them and have a guy that can set them up… especially if you want guys like John to increase their value. Jrue might get more opportunity with the ball than he’s had in a while… a 18-20 a night and 8-10 assists not out of the question. If that is where he is and we are top 4-5 in the west I think he would sign an extension.

Ainge… just effing make it happen.

Every time I think about it I like it more… you have 4 play finishers in the starting lineup assuming Collins starts. You need to feed them and have a guy that can set them up… especially if you want guys like John to increase their value. Jrue might get more opportunity with the ball than he’s had in a while… a 18-20 a night and 8-10 assists not out of the question. If that is where he is and we are top 4-5 in the west I think he would sign an extension.

It feels like Ainge is too busy shopping at goodwill to make a deal like this happen.

We spent an entire off-season fighting but now we are united

And after you make that deal you're just one deal away from being incredibly dangerous
And that is the main idea of this for me. Even if Danny pays a high price to get Jrue, he would still be left with enough bargaining chips to add a big fish (with 2-3 years of Jrue, who would be 35 years old after 3 seasons).

Last edited:
The potential downsides of this deal, just don't seem that bad to me in comparison with the potential upside.

As long as the assets we send out don't turn in to franchise altering players, then we'll recover. Like even if Jrue opted out and didn't want to be here, it would be really bad, but we would have a bunch of cap space and still have a ton of picks and good players. All of our guys would have had a year with Jrue as well, which I personally think is a big deal.

The case for Jrue wanting to stay…

Vibes- Lauri, Walker, JC, Jrue… vibes will be phenomenal… it will be competitive but not pressure filled. Similar to Sac last year.
Winning enough - we will be real competitive and have a chance to do some things to level up. He’s won a chip already so it ain’t like he needs to stack trophies.
Role- will have a bigger role with us than any other team.
Market- It’s a fit for what he likely values. LA is home and awesome but that org kinda super high pressure and has some ummm personalities. He’d also be the third perimeter ball handler. Philly is a dumpster fire. Boston is gonna be another high pressure tertiary role.

Make a handshake agreement to be amenable to moving him… I think this is how Presti talked PG into extending.

It’s time to Jrue and chill

Jrue Holiday of course.
Jazz lack of playmaking PG is so severe as it could be.
Holiday is NBA championship title winner and allstar level PG who's leadership and experience would be huge add to Jazz roster.

Also i probably shouldn't remind you guys of that Jrue and Giannis have played together really well so it would be cool to see what Jrue and Lauri could do together.
And not to forgetting that Jrue would be great mentor to Keyonte George as well so why not.
Jrue is average as a playmaking pg. He isn't some quick pg that breaks down the defense.