What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bucks will start a 36 year old center.
Celtics will start a 38 year old PF/C.
Philly will start a 39 year old PF
Warriors will have a 34, 34, 36, and 39 year old starters
The Lakers will start a 39 year old
The Suns start a 35 year old.
The Clippers start a 35, 34, and 34 year old.

I promise there are high level players who are great players past the age of 33.
As usual a bunch of bull. You mention a bunch of role players that are well past their prime but paid like role players and then some all time great players that Jrue has never been better than. No one is claiming that Jrue can't be an effective player in a few years but he will regress and that is not what we need right now. We need guys that have plenty of prime years left and can grow with this team. If we were talking about role player money and assets for Jrue then the conversation might be different but we are talking about star player money for a guy that is a borderline all star and 33.

As usual a bunch of bull. You mention a bunch of role players that are well past their prime but paid like role players and then some all time great players that Jrue has never been better than. No one is claiming that Jrue can't be an effective player in a few years but he will regress and that is not what we need right now. We need guys that have plenty of prime years left and can grow with this team. If we were talking about role player money and assets for Jrue then the conversation might be different but we are talking about star player money for a guy that is a borderline all star and 33.
Lmao

Its an idea of what it would take to get it done. I am not giving out 2025 picks... its the Cooper Flagg draft and even if we only have 1-2% chance cuz Cavs or Minny missed the play in... then you take it... he's the next guy.

Don could be out of Cleveland as soon as next year so all teh unprotected picks have value. 2025 was a draft preference for me.

I've been thinking about this. I think we could offer the best of our 2025 picks top 4 protected, and if it does go top 4, then they get our second best pick.

That feels like good value for them on a more near in pick than most teams are capable of providing while eliminating the possibility of it being a disaster for us.

I prefer Jrue. Our need for elite defense and experience is higher than 3ball. I don’t mind his age. We were able to flip Conley I’m pretty sure we can work on something down the road.

I'm on the fence still. I have always wanted him and like him but his age and contract make me concerned. Giving up Sexton, tht, ko/Collins, and 2 1st seems like too much to me. It also leaves us with no contacts to make a future trade for a big name.

This is a Conley situation all over again. Sure, Jrue is a nice player and will instantly make us better, but he isn't enough to get us a ring and will take enough assets that we then stall out on adding anything else meaningful for 3-4 years, so we get to be good, just never good enough, all over again, in time to see us drop Lauri and Kessler and whoever else for assets so we can be having the same discussion 5 years from now, after having had several frustrating playoff exits.

No to both. Trust in Ainge. He'll use our assets for someone better. Just give him time. No need to jump on the first good player available. That feels too much like asking out the first girl that smiles at you because you're on the rebound and missing out on the girl of your dreams.

Jrue is extension eligible Feb 13… trade deadline was Feb 9 last year. So you could get a deal to the goal line and if he isn’t feeling it you move him. Unless he gets hurt… in which case he might opt in anyway.

I think we’d be shocked at how good we could be if we pulled it off. We’d have two top 30 guys who are both two way players and some other high quality parts… with a great coach. The roster would instantly make just so much more sense.
Sounds like you are talking about our team 5 years ago. Like, exactly. Uncanny.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence still. I have always wanted him and like him but his age and contract make me concerned. Giving up Sexton, tht, ko/Collins, and 2 1st seems like too much to me. It also leaves us with no contacts to make a future trade for a big name.
The negative would be that you're selling low on Sexton/THT.

While I'm not high on Sexton, I do think he will likely improve his overall value this season. To what degree, I have no idea. I dont know if he will ever be viewed as a player who is worthy a quality first or as a valued piece in a big time deal.

THT will improve his value, but he's an expiring contract, so it's not like he can drastically improve his trade value.

The overwhelming positive is that Jrue makes every lineup actually make sense. He makes playing Keyonte extremely easy. He fits with any guard combination. Him and Dunn would actually work together if you wanted an ultra defensive lineup.

If we keep Sexton/THT we are going to have lineups where things are just weird. Maybe everyone advances to the point where these weird lineups are effective and it's NBD, but it could also hold everyone back from developing as well as they would with Jrue.

Except… you missed the part where our two best players would be two-way players.
Yeah so Lauri + Jrue = championship? I have some ocean-front property in Nebraska to sell you too, cheap!