What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zach Lowe says we were in on Jrue... and he likes that we were in for the reasons we had stated. Good player, we have tons of picks, and he clear up a lot of our backcourt structure/stuff. Said we may not have been on Jrue's final list.

I think 2025 or 2027 Cavs/Minny pick, 2027 Lakers pick and Ochai (sexton, THT for salary and spun off) is right in the ball park of what they got... not sure we went that far without Jrue giving the thumbs up.

Per Windy and Lowe we were definitely in but sounds like Jrue had a list of 3 teams or so that he gave the thumbs up to as far as an extension.

I'm laughing at the idea of getting Brogdon.

He's not a core piece IMO. The Jazz should be looking to add potential core pieces. Jrue would have been a core piece for at least the next 3 years.
Just because Boston chose to start White over Brogdon after the injury doesn’t mean squat. Matter of fact, career-wise, Brogdon beats him in most every statistical category.

Last edited:
Zach Lowe says we were in on Jrue... and he likes that we were in for the reasons we had stated. Good player, we have tons of picks, and he clear up a lot of our backcourt structure/stuff. Said we may not have been on Jrue's final list.

I think 2025 or 2027 Cavs/Minny pick, 2027 Lakers pick and Ochai (sexton, THT for salary and spun off) is right in the ball park of what they got... not sure we went that far without Jrue giving the thumbs up.
Yeah, Danny may even have had the best offer for Portland but had to take it back.

Just because Boston chose to start White over Brogdon after the injury doesn’t mean squat. Matter of fact, career-wise, Brogdon beats him in most every statistical category.

Every fanbase who has had Brogdon has disliked him. It doesnt add up, but it's a thing.

Every fanbase who has had Brogdon has disliked him. It doesnt add up, but it's a thing.
You’re right, it doesn’t add up at all. I’ve read that he’s known as a great locker room guy and Brad Stevens even stood up for him with glowing praise on his departure. And we all know about his impressive stats and Sixth Man of the Year Award last season - doesn’t sound like a brooding malcontent because he’s coming off the bench. That’s the right way to make your case in the NBA.

But that’s Brogdon, always grabbing awards proving detractors wrong. As a college senior in 2015–16, he was a consensus first-team All-American. He was also named the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year, becoming the first player in conference history to earn both honors in the same season. He was selected in the second round of the 2016 NBA draft by the Bucks with the 36th overall pick. He went on to win the NBA Rookie of the Year Award, becoming the first second-round pick in the NBA to win the award since 1965. In 2019, Brogdon became the eighth player in NBA history to achieve a 50–40–90 season.

Its pretty clear he is a bit of a prickly *******. Not like a cancer but a guy that isn't the favorite to work with.

Its pretty clear he is a bit of a prickly *******. Not like a cancer but a guy that isn't the favorite to work with.
LOL. What is this supposed to be based on? Same goes for the "fanbases have disliked him" stuff.

Then again, by all accounts Brogdon is very smart (comes from an academic family, graduated with a Masters in Public Policy while playing at Virginia) so perhaps that does make people dislike him in the NBA environment.

I've always seen him as the reincarnated Andre Miller, and there's worse things to be.

LOL. What is this supposed to be based on? Same goes for the "fanbases have disliked him" stuff.

Then again, by all accounts Brogdon is very smart (comes from an academic family, graduated with a Masters in Public Policy while playing at Virginia) so perhaps that does make people dislike him in the NBA environment.

I've always seen him as the reincarnated Andre Miller, and there's worse things to be.
Its not an LOL worthy statement. Those rumors/murmurs been out there a while. He is VERY smart... sometimes those dudes are tough to work with as they will challenge those around them. Likely kinda like George Hill... might seem like a good leader but also might be one of those guys that takes people with him when you lose him. When a guy gets cast off by multiple teams for not a lot in return... IDK.

In Indiana the locker room was an issue. It was not all on him but I don't think he is the vet mentor type. Might be fine for a year or two I suppose but doubt he's worth the investment.

I think Brogdon is just that weird level of player where fans will always want an upgrade and he's too expensive to be a role player, so he's stuck in this weird in-between that frustrates fans.

*HH is referring to team's liking him, I was just saying fanbases*

No question that my primary impetus for promoting a trade for Brogdon has to do with his on court abilities and his unique and varied pedigree in that capacity. But the combination of injuries, gripes and trades seems to have raised suspicions regarding his character. I can’t go inside the most recent Boston melodrama concerning his trade request but the fact that Stevens defended him publicly and sang his praises has to count for something.

For me though, character is something that extends beyond the sports arena and the PR facet that goes with it. Brogdon has a foundation that is saving lives and creating a better quality of life for poor villagers in Africa. As a young boy he visited Africa and noted the incredible poverty and suffering and then acted on it as a privileged athlete - rare particularly for a guy still lacing em up. This is not only commendable from a humanitarian standpoint but also addresses a major global concern as refugees are currently pouring out of Africa in droves. https://www.ajc.com/sports/state-sp... and,he helped build 11 water wells in Africa.

Nothing but respect here.

NBA Sarah indicated that the Jazz wanted Jrue but were unwilling to push in enough assets to win the deal. Preserving picks for a young superstar (conversation went on to discuss Luka).

NBA Sarah indicated that the Jazz wanted Jrue but were unwilling to push in enough assets to win the deal. Preserving picks for a young superstar (conversation went on to discuss Luka).
Was it that or the uncertainty of being able to sign him to an extension?