What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m not really buying that. What would trading 2 firsts do to handicap us at all going forward? We still have all of our own picks from 2027-2030, Cleveland’s in 25/27/29. Minnesota’s in 25/27/29, Los Angeles in 2027 and that’s not even including all of the swaps we have too.

We have at minimum 11 trade-able firsts yet we are worried about trading 2? The math ain’t mathin.
It isn't just the picks. I'm guessing they would have wanted Hendricks as well to go with THT and Sexton as salary filler. I know a lot of this board views THT and Sexton as salary fodder but I have high expectations for both players this year. They also fit the timeline of this team perfectly if one or both blows up this year.

According to Windy, Jrue had a list of 3-4 teams he would certainly sign an extension with and we weren’t on it. I’m pretty sure that was the real reason.
This. I think we had two prices. One price we would have paid if he was willing to sign an extension and one if he wouldn’t… the latter is likely quite a bit lower than the price that was paid.

I think I was being a bit reductive when I said Brogdon might be a prickly *******. I think it might be more that he’s kind of a moody guy and because he is smart he might challenge things in ways that make others uncomfortable… maybe it’s his medicals and no one wants to be the one stuck with the bag. It’s small comments around him that make it seem like he’s just not a great time.

That doesn’t mean he’s not a great person. Demarcus Cousins did a bunch of stuff locally in Sacramento that was pretty awesome. He was still a horrible teammate. Not saying Malcolm is on that level but people are complicated ya know… Malcolm likely ends up on his 5th team in like 6 years once the Blazers move him.

Those waiting with bated breath for Luka should listen to the hoop collective pod today. They were very negative about the state of the Mavs organization
I will say... the org is a dumpster fire. The focus was less about the players on the court (that should be where any drama is) and more with coaching/training staff that are being given lesser roles. I do wonder if they have some more sexual abuse stuff hanging in their closet and that might be why they are phasing some dudes out. It could also be Kidd not working well with the legacy pieces. They have had issues in the front office and staff for a while... was hilarious to hear Haralob talk about his time there.

Those waiting with bated breath for Luka should listen to the hoop collective pod today. They were very negative about the state of the Mavs organization
Yeah even they seemed to be struggling to make sense of some of the stuff, and those guys have seen some messy things up close.

Was it that or the uncertainty of being able to sign him to an extension?

Here is what she said: "The Jazz were in some conversations about Jrue. .... the Jazz were not willing to part with what the Blazers thought they could get out of the Jazz"

She did not mention the extension issue.

Here is what she said: "The Jazz were in some conversations about Jrue. .... the Jazz were not willing to part with what the Blazers thought they could get out of the Jazz"

blazers wanted keyonte, ainge essentially hung up the phone.

This is a Conley situation all over again. Sure, Jrue is a nice player and will instantly make us better, but he isn't enough to get us a ring and will take enough assets that we then stall out on adding anything else meaningful for 3-4 years, so we get to be good, just never good enough, all over again, in time to see us drop Lauri and Kessler and whoever else for assets so we can be having the same discussion 5 years from now, after having had several frustrating playoff exits.

No to both. Trust in Ainge. He'll use our assets for someone better. Just give him time. No need to jump on the first good player available. That feels too much like asking out the first girl that smiles at you because you're on the rebound and missing out on the girl of your dreams.
When we loook cold and hard facts Jazz are right now in year 2 of their rebuild which means that even playoffs are so and so.

Sure Lauri has said that he loves playing in Utah etc etc jargon which doesn't mean nothing.
Sure Jazz have assets for a trades but when we look TOP10 NBA superstars none of those guys aren't coming to Jazz so long when Jazz isn't NBA championship title contender.

Jazz are at least 2 to 3 years away being win now situation and competing of NBA championship is realistic 5 to 7 years from this moment.
I'm said this earlier and i will say this again.

You and other Danny Ainge supporters are totally out of lunch
if you guys seriously believe on that Lauri will stay in Utah and wait 5 to 7 years more before he can win something.
Lauri is UFA summer 2025 and if Jazz aren't even close to playoffs or at least played once in playoffs Lauri will pack
his bags and leave somewhere else where winning NBA championship title is more likely what it is right now in Utah.

Teams like Nuggets, Heat, and Bucks can give Lauri a winning team which is championship contender.
What Jazz have to give for Lauri a lot money for sure but how making playoffs and win a NBA championship title
those are legit questions what Lauri will consider very likely before he signs his max contract and i don't probably
need to remind you of that Lauri doesn't care who's gonna pay for him because he'll get his allstar millions anyway.

Now I just hold out hope Lonzo Ball gets healthy and we get him on a bargain.
Can Lonzo Ball even play after all those injuries?
Why not bringing in Kristaps Porzingis same door opening.
Porzingis is other NBA player who's career has been on the line due to injuries.

Last edited:
I'd rather go after Embiid than Luka.
I get that Luka is big cry-baby who whines too much for the referees and that's why he gets technical fouls too often.
But even you cannot ignore that Doncic is allstar and legit MVP award contender and believe that Jazz would very good team with Luka.

Yeah… we weren’t willing to part with what the Blazers wanted because Jrue didn’t guarantee an extension.

I get that Luka is big cry-baby who whines too much for the referees and that's why he gets technical fouls too often.
But even you cannot ignore that Doncic is allstar and legit MVP award contender and believe that Jazz would very good team with Luka.
Meh.

When we loook cold and hard facts Jazz are right now in year 2 of their rebuild which means that even playoffs are so and so.

Sure Lauri has said that he loves playing in Utah etc etc jargon which doesn't mean nothing.
Sure Jazz have assets for a trades but when we look TOP10 NBA superstars none of those guys aren't coming to Jazz so long when Jazz isn't NBA championship title contender.

Jazz are at least 2 to 3 years away being win now situation and competing of NBA championship is realistic 5 to 7 years from this moment.
I'm said this earlier and i will say this again.

You and other Danny Ainge supporters are totally out of lunch
if you guys seriously believe on that Lauri will stay in Utah and wait 5 to 7 years more before he can win something.
Lauri is UFA summer 2025 and if Jazz aren't even close to playoffs or at least played once in playoffs Lauri will pack
his bags and leave somewhere else where winning NBA championship title is more likely what it is right now in Utah.

Teams like Nuggets, Heat, and Bucks can give Lauri a winning team which is championship contender.
What Jazz have to give for Lauri a lot money for sure but how making playoffs and win a NBA championship title
those are legit questions what Lauri will consider very likely before he signs his max contract and i don't probably
need to remind you of that Lauri doesn't care who's gonna pay for him because he'll get his allstar millions anyway.
Let’s trade him for picks.