What's new

Who's back next season?

Which of these guys do you think are still here on opening night next season?

• Quin

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Conley

• Bogey

• Royce

• Clarkson

• Gay

• Whiteside

• House

Results are only viewable after voting.
What if the Jazz resign Ingles and let Hassan, House and Forrest go and bring some Salt Lake Stars and undrafted free agents to camp to fight it out for the two ways and remaining roster spots? Everyone else stays.

Maybe we'll hear something about Quin this week. The longer it goes the more I think he's coming back.
Something tells me that Q first choice would be to part ways with the Jazz. But everyone seems to believe Jazz brass wants him back.
If a had to guess... he's not coming back to run a team with mediocre projection. Dude's got to be tired of cope with flawed rosters, no assets to get it corrected and a part owner jackpotting around players.

I read that he has one more year plus Quin's option on a second year on his contract. He and the team might be negotiating on a longer contract or ending it early. Some writers have opined that he might take a year off.

Something tells me that Q first choice would be to part ways with the Jazz. But everyone seems to believe Jazz brass wants him back.
If a had to guess... he's not coming back to run a team with mediocre projection. Dude's got to be tired of cope with flawed rosters, no assets to get it corrected and a part owner jackpotting around players.
although looking like a deer in the headlights through all of it

I would not be surprised to see the bulk of this team and Quin back next year. This is the year of our All Star game. The Jazz are going to want to make sure to have at least 1 representative in that game. They may trade Gobert or Mitchell but not both. I think it's highly likely they keep both. You may see them try and move Conley but that may be difficult with how he finished the year and that huge contract. I think they will trade or drop a few minor players but in the end you'll have the same old Jazz.

Maybe we'll hear something about Quin this week. The longer it goes the more I think he's coming back.
I think there are more reasons to hold off on making or at least announcing the decision. If nothing’s been said by mid-July then, yeah.

What's he supposed to say? He's the GM....he can't just come out and tell the media "We're going to aggressively try to trade Gobert, Conley, Bogdanovic, and Gay". I don't know what will happen, but I'm 100% convinced they won't be running it back.
Of course I hope you’re right Jingled even if it does paint Zanik as nothing more than a bald faced liar! I mean talk about laying it on thick:

“Quin Snyder is one of the best coaches in the NBA,” Zanik said. “There is no other partner I would rather have as a coach and as a leader of our players and as a partner in our front office than Quin Snyder.”

“I think Donovan and Rudy, along with some of our other players, are hugely important to the success of this organization,” he added. “When you’re talking about building a championship house, it doesn’t exist just on a foundation, it exists on everything else as well. Those two are three-time all-star players, consecutive all-stars, Defensive Player of the Year, all-NBA candidates. And any time that we can add to that, complement that, strengthen that — because this competition is a team game, and they’ve been huge contributors for us.”

And for me it’s gotta start with Snyder so portraying him as “one of the best coaches in the NBA” is particularly annoying. I have an organic view of the world and Snyder for me would just be more plight for a new or existing crop.

Last edited:
Not sure how this guy got this scoop before all the NBA reporters, so take it with a grain of salt.

View: https://twitter.com/realOCsports/status/1521141216636588032

There's definitely a Dunning-Kruger type effect when it comes to these radio guys and fringe reporters. The less of a real reporter you are (as admitted), the more confident they are in reporting it as news. I'm sure he heard this from someone, I'm positive no legitimate reporter would feel comfortable tweeting this out as a report.

This feels like made up ****.
1) I think Gobert knows he’s in no position to take such a stance.
2) There is way too much detail on his supposed complaints.

Yeah, I'm not really buying it. I've never even heard of this Sean O'Connell guy, but I just checked and Tony Jones, Andy Larsen, Spence Checketts and Ben Anderson, all follow him on twitter. Not sure what to make of it.

If Donovan was quoted saying all that, most of you would believe it and would be slamming him for it.

Let's see how this all plays out.....

Yeah, I'm not really buying it. I've never even heard of this Sean O'Connell guy, but I just checked and Tony Jones, Andy Larsen, Spence Checketts and Ben Anderson, all follow him on twitter. Not sure what to make of it.

He's a local radio guy. Ex-MMA fighter. Makes sense that local sports media follows him, but still does not make his credentials any more legitimate.

If Donovan was quoted saying all that, most of you would believe it and would be slamming him for it.

Let's see how this all plays out.....

When every national media source says Rudy thinks this, as they did with Donovan, we will feel the same. There's a difference between a local radio guy who doesn't even cover basketball primarily and the entire NBA media industry.

He played football at the University of Utah. Used to do local radio, now does a show on SiriusXM. Was on the radio a little bit ago with Jake Scott & Ben Anderson

Only caught a little bit of him on the radio with Jake & Scott and basically said that a meeting hasn't yet happened with Rudy and the FO but is supposedly going to happen soon and Rudy will reiterate this sentiment in that meeting. Obviously could be all made up for clicks or listeners or whatever but to me O'Connell really has no reason to try and "break" a potentially fake report. He doesn't have his own local radio show and the national show he does has to do with college football so the it's not like this is going to funnel of listeners to his show because that's not what his show is about so I think I'd lean to this being a legit thing at like a 85%ish percent. Could be just a case of a friend of a friend heard this scenario but again no real reason to dump that info out.