What's new

WHO'S READY FOR ANOTHER 1ST ROUND BLOWOUT?

The reality is we are an aging team without any young prospects or draft picks. We are also over the cap and can't make a significant signing. We are not a destination where players are going to come for below market value, or force their way here. There really isn't a likely path forward to being better. Any trade we make is most likely going to be a net neutral/net negative trade.

We've known this for awhile and is the reason there is a large number of posters here saying to blow it up.

There are some ways that we can get better without a major overhaul, but those scenarios aren't very likely to either happen or make a big difference:

- coaching change
- buy low candidates
- Don commits to defense
- Rudy develops an outside shot
Idk if Gobert has to develop an outside shot(though I would 100% have him try), but they got to make a better effort of getting him the ball when he's open. Can't be missing him 3-4 times per game.

Before COVID plagued us we were a top 3 team in the West. I'm confident we can get back to winning ways. Free Agency hasn't even started yet, and everyone's freaking out. Relax.
Yeah, cuz the Utah Jazz were the only entity to be impacted by Covid.

Kindly get the **** out of here with that trash.

Yeah, cuz the Utah Jazz were the only entity to be impacted by Covid.

Kindly get the **** out of here with that trash.
I'd say it's trash for everyone on JF to start acting like it's their time of the month because we didn't make a move at the start of the offseason.

Newsflash Chico, but Free Agency hasn't even started yet. We shouldn't just make a move to make a move. Rudy's going to be traded. Just not on draft night.

Before COVID plagued us we were a top 3 team in the West. I'm confident we can get back to winning ways. Free Agency hasn't even started yet, and everyone's freaking out. Relax.
Come on man. Before covid hit us we were playing a bunch of teams that were destroyed by covid so beating up on them means nothing. The last half of the season we were a below .500 team and the teams below us are getting better. The blazers and clippers should both have high bounce back years while the wolves, Pelicans, should both jump us. Then you have the Lakers who will live and die by AD. If he is healthy then they are better than us.

The team was more likely to get worse yesterday than better with a trade, so those who want a good team next year should be happy.

I think the level of disappointment from us fans is most likely due to the desire for something new to talk about.

The team was more likely to get worse yesterday than better with a trade, so those who want a good team next year should be happy.

I think the level of disappointment from us fans is most likely due to the desire for something new to talk about.
I just wanted a rookie I liked in SL lmao. At least we got Butler tho.

But you 100% right. Any move made last night would have likely made the team worse and they werent going to blow it up on draft night. Odds are I will be pissed at every major Jazz move this season. I just want to get the pain over with.

The front office would have been wise to buy a 2nd round pick we could start convincing ourselves was going to be awesome so we would stop hating on the new jerseys for a minute.
I heard something today that makes me think Ryan Smith is really trying to save money on the margins and won't be making those kind of moves.

I don't think there's any scenario we trade Rudy and get better.

I heard something today that makes me think Ryan Smith is really trying to save money on the margins and won't be making those kind of moves.
Us giving away a 2024 1st to dump Favors and our 1st last year to save $$$ shows Ryan is more concerned with finances then winning. He also wants All-Star weekend to be fun.

Idk if Gobert has to develop an outside shot(though I would 100% have him try), but they got to make a better effort of getting him the ball when he's open. Can't be missing him 3-4 times per game.

It feels like that will get worse next season, not better. Conley will likely be moved and Donovan will be the point guard. With Conley and Ingles both gone who's going to get Rudy the ball? It's hard to see a scenario where his touches don't go down next season.