What's new

Why can't people who leave the LDS church move on?

!0% tithe for the the great community and social interactions is a small price to pay. I often wish I was Mormon, they have some of the nicest people and also the hottest girls :). They really help each other out in getting jobs and such, it seems that Mormons are often hardworkers which often translates to good references from high up people in jobs.

As far as people who are ex LDS. If you reallllllly believe in the Church you shouldn't be angry at them or try to punish them for they will be responsible for their actions in the afterlife. People who get mad when other people leave their religion and feel it is their duty to punish them often don't even really believe in that religion themselves. I am not accusing you or anyone else of this btw.

Everyone I know that has left the LDS church can't seem to move with their life's. They are obsessed with church still. It's all they talk and think about. Constant Facebook posts about the church or anti religious comments. The people talk more about the Church now then when they were members.

So why can't they move on to other endeavors? The Church is now consuming more of their time now then it was beforehand. I just don't understand it. It makes no sense.

It's interesting that you think that the problem here stems from the people complaining and not the other way around.

It's interesting that you think that the problem here stems from the people complaining and not the other way around.

Depends on the scenario. But do you really find that interesting when it is Bean?

Depends on the scenario. But do you really find that interesting when it is Bean?

Yeah, you're right. Some folks never change.

Why the other way around, why not somewhere in the middle? Two way street.

True. I stand corrected. There's definitely some folks out there that can only function when there is drama in their life. That said, that Mormon religion is, well, a different one.

I think this is why mormons (myself included) tend to quickly jump on the defensive, oft before it's even necessary.

I'd agree with that but I can also understand why. Persecution complex.

Yes. And much of it is completely imagined. Too many are too easily offended.

But I suppose there's a lot of that around these days.

Oh I agree. I was just diagnosing it not defending it.

This is a very interesting comment. I see this manifest itself every year when Jazz fans get upset if a fan doesn't return and goes to another team.

Whoa! Welcome back! We've had to make due with the Vinylone quote generator* in your absence, but it's not quite the same thing. :)

*rep to anyone who can find a link

Mormonism is the Utah Jazz of religions

So you are saying it is the best religion in the world which will one day win the religion world championship? I think lots of mormons would agree with that assessment.