What's new

Why the Hell Isn't Rudy in the Starting Lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate505

Modstapo Lite
Staff member
I'm still a big fan of Quin, but I cannot fathom why Rudy doesn't start. The team plays much better with him in the starting lineup. Him getting less than 20 minutes a game and Kanter getting 33 is shameful.

The tank makes as sense as anything else....but damnit, I don't want another tank. There's no LeBron/Duncan level talent in the draft this year.

I'm wondering if it is because Quin thinks if he benches Kanter he'll lose Kanter mentally since he's kind of a tender flower. Rudy will play like Rudy whether he is coming off the bench or playing as a starter. I'm baffled too, this is my guess.

I think quin just wants to be fair to kanter. Rudy will be starting sooner than later, but I bet this is the last effort to see if kanter will wake up. Or they are shopping him. 24 and 17 should go a long way toward shopping him though, so theres that...

A little thing called offense. It's that part of the game that is concerned with making the ball go through the hoop. You see, in basketball, you get points for making the ball go in the hoop, and while stopping the other team is extremely useful, it is utterly pointless if you yourself can't put the ball in the hole afterwards. Hence our whopping score vs the Spurs when Rudy played 30 mins and Kanter had an off night and only played 22.

Rudy abd Derrick aren't an efficient offensive combo, and you can't not start Favors after paying him, and then the trade rumors around draft time.

There is no reason why Rudy, Enes, and Derrick can't get 30 mins a piece. We don't need to give those minutes to journeymen like Trevor Booker. The last few seasons, it seems like the Jazz FO have been overly concerned with developing our mediocre talent so they can move on and get their next mediocre contract. Shouldn't be our job.

A little thing called offense. It's that part of the game that is concerned with making the ball go through the hoop. You see, in basketball, you get points for making the ball go in the hoop, and while stopping the other team is extremely useful, it is utterly pointless if you yourself can't put the ball in the hole afterwards. Hence our whopping score vs the Spurs when Rudy played 30 mins and Kanter had an off night and only played 22.

Rudy abd Derrick aren't ab efficient offensive combo, and you can't not start Favors after paying him, and then the trade rumors around draft time.

There is no reason why Rudy, Ebes, abd Derrick can't get 30 mins a piece. We don't need to give those minutes to journeymen like Trevor Booker. The last few seasons, it seems like the Jazz FO have been overly concerned with developing our. Ediocre talent so they can move on and get their next mediocre contract. Shouldn't be our job.

Stats say a different story and no reason to come off sounding like a child, mate.

Rudy abd Derrick aren't ab efficient offensive combo, and you can't not start Favors after paying him, and then the trade rumors around draft time.

There is no reason why Rudy, Ebes, abd Derrick can't get 30 mins a piece. We don't need to give those minutes to journeymen like Trevor Booker. The last few seasons, it seems like the Jazz FO have been overly concerned with developing our. Ediocre talent so they can move on and get their next mediocre contract. Shouldn't be our job.
Yeah, all those terrible offensive games when kanter was injured were so horrible to have to watch. Oh wait. They were awesome on both ends of the food with rudy.

Yeah, all those terrible offensive games when kanter was injured were so horrible to have to watch. Oh wait. They were awesome on both ends of the food with rudy.

They were good. They were also good before with Kanter.

Taking the season as a whole, though. Let's watch the progression of all three of our bigs and not get manic over small stretches. I understand why Q has the rotation he does. There could come a time where that changes.

Three reasons.

#1.) Tank - Jazz need to stay in the bottom 7 to come away with a player with starting potential from this next draft. It's true that there's not any Wiggins level stars, but don't kid yourself. . . getting any of Okafor, Towns, Porzingis, Russell, Johnson, Mudiay or Hezonja is an absolute MUST. This team needs stars, and they need to take as many shots to find one as possible. None of those guys are a sure thing, but the dropoff after them is drastic.

#2.) Trade value - Enes Kanter (for all his flaws and our bitching and moaning about them) scored 24 points and pulled down 17 rebounds tonight. WTF? The Jazz didn't lose because of Kanter vs. Gobert tonight. They lost because Jingles, Millsap and Williams combined for almost 60 minutes at the wing and because Burke shot 1/10 and contributed 2 points and 2 assists. Imagine what the Jazz can do with Burks, Hood, a top 7 pick and an effing PG who shoots better than 10%. If the Jazz decide to trade Kanter so they can start Rudy and Favors together, then I want the biggest haul for him as possible. What I'd really like is for him to look awesome for the next month so the Jazz can package him with other assets for an All Star caliber wing to go with Hayward. The additional benefit of trading him is that they free up cash and cap space to make a run at a veteran PG in free agency.

#3.) Rudy needs to stay hungry - Kanter scored 24 points and had 17 rebounds. I expect Gobert to take that personally and look to grab 20 rebounds in the next game. Also, when Favors has an off night, the Jazz need a big who can score in his place. Rudy's defense is amazing, but his offense is still a work in progress. I'm hoping that Quin's refusal to move Kanter out of the starting lineup forces Rudy to improve his offensive game as well. Can you just imagine Gobert with an offense? Damn.

Over the five games that Gobert started with Favors the team was +8 with an Offensive rating: 95 ppg and a Defensive rating: 93.4 ppg.

Winning with a 95 ppg average is an aboration, not a constant. We need to crack 100 AND have the defense.

Just want to say that when rudy was starting and kanter was injured and we were playing .500 ball I think we were playing a somewhat softer schedule for the most part. I might be wrong and don't want to take the time to check though.

I'm curious to know what teams we beat. I remember beating Chicago which was a quality win. What were the others though? Lakers? Sixers? Pacers? T-wolves? (Might have played them twice) orlando maybe.

Over the five games that Gobert started with Favors the team was +8 with an Offensive rating: 95 ppg and a Defensive rating: 93.4 ppg.

Winning with a 95 ppg average is an aboration, not a constant. We need to crack 100 AND have the defense.

Rudy and Derrick occupy too much of the same space. Derrick's jumper is gaining distance, though. One day, it could work. The Kanter and Rudy combo could work as well. I, for one, like the trio and advocate 30 mins a piece.

We should really worry about developing a better perimeter balance.

Rudy and Derrick occupy too much of the same space. Derrick's jumper is gaining distance, though. One day, it could work. The Kanter and Rudy combo could work as well. I, for one, like the trio and advocate 30 mins a piece.

We should really worry about developing a better perimeter balance.

The point is it's a plus rating, better than our normal rating. That was mainly with Kanter out too, our offensive rating would've been better with him coming off the bench. Favors is shooting better on his jump shots than Kanter as well.

We do need better perimeter guys as well.

I think quin just wants to be fair to kanter. Rudy will be starting sooner than later, but I bet this is the last effort to see if kanter will wake up. Or they are shopping him. 24 and 17 should go a long way toward shopping him though, so theres that...
This

The point is it's a plus rating, better than our normal rating. That was mainly with Kanter out too, our offensive rating would've been better with him coming off the bench. Favors is shooting better on his jump shots than Kanter as well.

We do need better perimeter guys as well.

Sample size is too small. Schedule was also weak. Like I said, winning with 95 PPG is an aboration.

With Kanter back, Jazz have olayed Houston, GSW, aSan Antonio nd Cleveland. All teams who could win it all.

With Kanter back, Jazz have olayed Houston, GSW, aSan Antonio nd Cleveland. All teams who could win it all.
This. Rudy starting does not make us a team on the level of those top teams.

We have a d-league team shoring up the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.