What's new

Why the Hell Isn't Rudy in the Starting Lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I can respect that opinion. It's very level headed and loyal.

I don't see it that way. I think I can inject my opinion if I want. Negative or positive. I thought that's what this board is for?

Know this though. I will be there to pounce on you the minute you say anything critical or negative about anyone involved with Jazz organization.

You need to be consistent with your opinions or you will just be a hypocrite if you do. It's not a good look.

So keep up your positive attitude about the Jazz, or else. Lucky for you though, the future is bright. But I have a feeling you will mister sooner or later.

Have fun with that unsustainable super happy positive attitude.
The only thing you have been consistent about in this thread is proving that you have forgotten what numbers are and what they do.

That defense is overrated and Boozer is the greatest.

Not a single person said anything remotely close to this in this thread. Boozer was good. Defense is good. Not mutually exclusive, or otherwise conflicting. If you can not enjoy that the jazz with boozer were a good team, you are kind of nuts. They had two years of top ten defense despite not having what people like you perceived as good defenders. Their defense was almost as kid as their offense, which was elite. Crazy that you missed out on that four years of basketball player by your favorite team. In the words of buster bluth, "it was a wild, wild ride"

Who said defense wasn't important?

And wasn't it you, when questioned about differing opinions and what not, that said that this is a message board and people are here to discuss Jazz? I asked you a question on why you ignore veritable fact that disproves your opinion. You really have never backed up any of your opinion with anything other than Boozer and Okur were the worst defending front court ever and refused to acknowledge fact that says otherwise. Any declaration you've made on why the Jazz didn't win with an offense heavy team can be said for countless amount of defense heavy teams. Indiana from last year is one example.

I then showed ample evidence that great offense/average defense teams to average offense/great defense teams have won titles in the past 14 years. You then strangely posted that somehow made one able to predict championships based solely on that. Unfortunately, that had no bearing on the actual idea, which is who CAN win titles, not who WILL win titles. And history shows that being great, or even good, at defense as a team is not a complete requirement. You have to be great at one, and at least average, for the most part, at the other. That's the minimum requirement. Pretty much no championship team has been top 5 in both categories.

What this means is that the Jazz of those years were constructed in a way where they could win the title. They just weren't good enough. They were either too average over both offense and defense, or too average defensively that their elite offense couldn't overcome. If their offense was better during their average defense years, they could have won. Trading someone, say, with Kanter's strength offensively with his defensive liabilities for someone with the reverse abilities isn't going make a team more likely to compete. You don't trade Kanter because he's bad at defense. You trade him based on the sum of his abilities.

T
You are being an idiot hacl. That team was one of the top 5 teams in the league when they were healthy. Despite a mismatch on the defensive end, they still played above average defense and had one of the top offenses. Basketball is about being better overall, not just defense or offense, but making sure you score more while the other team scores less.

You saying boozer sucked is beyond ridiculous. Boozer and kanter are not even in the same realm. I would take that iteration of boozer along with gobert and favors on this Jazz team any day. Probably over 2008 millsap too. Millsap was a fan favorite, but boozer was legitimately good at basketball. He was easily one of the top forwards in the game at that time, and contributed as the second best player on an actual contender. The Jazz were very good then, and had a legit shot at a title. If they would have matched up better with the lakers, they would have gone to the finals.

False the Suns were contenders in 2006 and it screwed out of a finals trip by the refs. The Suns werea truly elite team that other teams could not answer. They didn't win 60 games by not being a contender.

The only thing you have been consistent about in this thread is proving that you have forgotten what numbers are and what they do.

Not a single person said anything remotely close to this in this thread. Boozer was good. Defense is good. Not mutually exclusive, or otherwise conflicting. If you can not enjoy that the jazz with boozer were a good team, you are kind of nuts. They had two years of top ten defense despite not having what people like you perceived as good defenders. Their defense was almost as kid as their offense, which was elite. Crazy that you missed out on that four years of basketball player by your favorite team. In the words of buster bluth, "it was a wild, wild ride"

Just because you clowns were gullible enough to believe the Jazz were real contenders those years, doesn't mean it's abnormal for someone else to not believe it. But I bet that if you were forced with a choice, say a gun to your head, and asked if the Jazz would win the championship you would have emphatically said no to save your own life. If not, then you truly are retarded and don't understand basketball as well as you think you do.

THE JAZZ WERE NEVER CONTENDERS!!!!

You can't win a championship with that bad of rim protection. When both your two bigs are terrible at defense. You won't win a championship. You were fooled into believing that they actually had a chance. You are gullible. Face it. You aren't very smart about basketball. I don't care how much you spin it. The proof is in the pudding they lost. Go rewatch the games. I've watched every minute of every game, so I know what you will see. Boozer and Okur looked like a couple of wet paper bags trying to play defense.

Please don't try to cram me into your narrow tunnel vision homer glasses to make me see it your way. Go to another fan board and try to post this same garbage and you will get laughed at. You are only getting support on this board because you are surrounded by bias Jazz Fans. Seriously, stop being so stupid. No one in the national media picked us to win it all. Why do you think that is? Grow up you dorks. This is big boy world.

If we were true contenders, why the hell was the team blown up, and Boozer not resigned? Obvious answer is because the organization finally realized it wasn't going to work.

Don't try to tell me Boozer wanted out. If we showed him love then we would have convinced him to stay. There also would have never been a discussion about Millsap starting over him

Don't try to conveniently ignore the facts.

With as often as NAOS brings up 'EYE' (I still don't know what that means btw), you can tell it just kills him that he's not a part of it.

And Hack is a dumbass.

pretty sure u prefer roosters, deep inside.
Lololol

False the Suns were contenders in 2006 and it screwed out of a finals trip by the refs. The Suns werea truly elite team that other teams could not answer. They didn't win 60 games by not being a contender.
That suns team was legit..... just unlucky
Imagine if they would have kept joe johnson and amare never gets hurt

Chicago fans really shouldn't expect 22-10 from Boozer. He'll be better than his Cleveland days, but 16-10 seems much more likely in that offense. Good numbers, but not great, and not enough to make the Bulls elite.

'Twas Boozer's first game back. The stat line will improve.

What will be entertaining is reading Bulls fans and their observations of Boozer's defense. Reading RealGM tonight. Lack of rotation. Flat-footedness. Musing about his man getting an easy drive from him. With him not in a system that really accentuates his talent offensively, he may become public enemy #1 in Chicago by the end of the year.

Interesting how your opinion changes with the wind. Go ahead and spin it. I got more. Waiting to hear your reply

@ bline and hants, you sure you want to aline yourselves with this dumbass

Sigh...if I knew my thread was going to turn into this mess I would have never started it. If only I could shut it down.

Hey, I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.