What's new

Will Favors finally make the athletick leap?

They always sell us Favors is athletick. I am /HUGE fan of Favors. I do not think he is athlete like they tell me. I can see this in adjustment when he moves. Why he cannot slide step on driving? I do not know.

I think maybe this year in year 5 is breakout? Maybe he use confidence in contract for propel to all star?

He always jumps off two feet to avoid getting blocked on dunks, I think. I'm always surprised that I don't see him pull-off acrobatic one-hand jams like Gobert, or even Hayward for crying out loud.

He picks up pg's on the perimeter fairly well and can bang with centers down low if needed. He seems like an athletic mother ****er to me.

[QUOTE='[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];1112501' I do not think he is athlete like they tell me. I can see this in adjustment[/QUOTE]

Can you name 5 starting power forwards who are more athletic?

Athleticism is not what is keeping him from being an all-star. It is that there are other alpha dog scorers to pass.

The only athletic bigs since Shaq are Howard, DMC, Zach Randolph, Duncan to an extent, and possibly A. Davis. They're bigs, not athletic. There's more to athleticism than running fast and jumping high.

I don't think Favors will ever have a stereotypical 'leap' or 'breakout' season. He just gets incrementally better and better.

It's why he's so underrated.

The only athletic bigs since Shaq are Howard, DMC, Zach Randolph, Duncan to an extent, and possibly A. Davis. They're bigs, not athletic. There's more to athleticism than running fast and jumping high.

Andre Drummond, Gobert, and Whiteside are pretty athletic bigs.

Also, no idea how you consider Zach Randolph an athletic big since he might be the most nonathletic player at any position in the NBA.

I don't think Favors will ever have a stereotypical 'leap' or 'breakout' season. He just gets incrementally better and better.

It's why he's so underrated.

Yep, he had a 3pts/game and 3pt/36 jump last season. If he has another jump like that in him he will be an all-star sooner or later.

Also, no idea how you consider Zach Randolph an athletic big since he might be the most nonathletic player at any position in the NBA.
This.
I lold at that.
Skilled is different than athletic

Also, my particular definition of athleticism is almost entirely based off speed, quickness, jumping ability, explosiveness and to a lesser extent, strength.

I have very good hand eye coordination and can shoot really good too.
I'm not athletic though imo

Also, my particular definition of athleticism is almost entirely based off speed, quickness, jumping ability, explosiveness and to a lesser extent, strength.

I have very good hand eye coordination and can shoot really good too.
I'm not athletic though imo
U jump from high places, explode on to the dude below said high places (gravity, bro), and show strength with your ability to ward off proselytizing with promises of chronic.
As for hand eye coordination... Ray Bans.

U jump from high places, explode on to the dude below said high places (gravity, bro), and show strength with your ability to ward off proselytizing with promises of chronic.
As for hand eye coordination... Ray Bans.
Seriously, one my favorite memories.... As sad as that may be