What's new

Will Hardy - Coach of the Year

It is amazing to me the preparations the coaching staff make with one of the youngest teams in the NBA. I don't see a lot of these details until I see these videos where the sets are slowed down.

Hardy and staff are willing to change lineups and rotations which drove me crazy with Snyder.

View: https://youtu.be/FkbbhowRAVY?si=MpQY5MUBFsO0VmP_

Could it be possible THT has big trouble to learn that stuff, so he doesn't get minutes at all... Bc aren't they running these sets in garbage time as well

The only counter argument to Will Hardy being COY is how badly we started the year, some of that has to be on him too.

The only counter argument to Will Hardy being COY is how badly we started the year, some of that has to be on him too.
What we have now is the result of the process Hardy took the team through. We wouldn't have this team without the experiments in the start of the season. Hence, if anything, that should underline Hardy's capabilites as a coach; to be able to do unpopular moves to make your team better in the longer run..

Btw. I object to the title of this thread. I think it is common consensus that at this point Hardy should officially be referred to as Hard Willy!

What we have now is the result of the process Hardy took the team through. We wouldn't have this team without the experiments in the start of the season. Hence, if anything, that should underline Hardy's capabilites as a coach; to be able to do unpopular moves to make your team better in the longer run..

Btw. I object to the title of this thread. I think it is common consensus that at this point Hardy should officially be referred to as Hard Willy!
I wouldn’t bet a dime that Will Hardy can win CoY… I’d bet the farm Hard Willy will!

True to a point, but the counter-counter argument is looking at the roster and getting multiple disparate parts to do what they are currently doing. If Utah finishes north of the Play-in, Hardy gets some run for COTY and deservedly so. Still, we're only at the half-way and it's a long season.

This will never happen.

ESPN doesn't even mention Hardy in this one:

Give it some time... If the team continues with this level of execution and "want to", we are going to be a tough game all season and we will get plenty of Ws.

I love the mentality and intensity that the team has now. It will be interesting to see what results from from the trade deadline and the impact, if any, that has on the team.

If we lose KO, could be a big factor in the execution of that second unit.