What's new

Will Hardy expected to be hired as head coach

I’m not going to pretend like I know if this is a good hire or not the one thing I don’t really get deep into is coaches. All that matters is we hired him and he’s our guy now. Go Jazz baby!!!

I was kidding, but yeah the Ainge Boston connection... I mean I know its the post ainge era but Danny boy was on the damn court two seconds after the final buzzer went off. I think he has a relationship there more than say Johnny Bryant.
FWIW Woj said that he blew everyone away during our interview with him and that the Knicks were really impressed with him a couple years ago but decided to go with Thibs.

I'm sure that Danny consulted with Stevens before hiring him though.

No complaints here. But I do have a little concern about players buying into a younger and less experienced head coach.

I like that the Hardy hire seems like it keeps our options open. If we want to hold our guys until the deadline or make minor moves to run it back - great, Hardy just went through a situation where people were saying that Tatum and Brown needed to be split up. If we want to rebuild, he’s young and comes from a great pedigree. Just glad we didn’t seem to cater to what Donovan was wanting.

FWIW Woj said that he blew everyone away during our interview with him and that the Knicks were really impressed with him a couple years ago but decided to go with Thibs.

I'm sure that Danny consulted with Stevens before hiring him though.
He seems to have a lot of fans and seems like a great hire... I was really kind of joking.

Spoelstra is my favorite coach in the NBA largely due to his story. And he's a damn good coach.

We would be extremely lucky if Hardy is that good.
Hopefully Don can recruit two other elite HOF players so Hardy has the same talent level that Spo had in Miami.

It feels like one of the correct choices. Hard to guess anything but I like it.

Spoelstra is my favorite coach in the NBA largely due to his story. And he's a damn good coach.

We would be extremely lucky if Hardy is that good.
I like the toughness and emphasis on playing hard over in my Miami. That's why I felt Chris Quinn is a good option too.

I was kind of hoping for a former player. I think there is a different level of respect from players for someone who has done what they have done before.

That said, I'm hoping for the best. I'm guessing he must be a pretty smart guy to make it this far at this age, so I like that.