What's new

Will Hardy expected to be hired as head coach

Ain’t going to pretend that I have a clue if Will Hardy will be a good coach or not. But I will say, things are looking decent-ish on the very legitimate “Don/CAA running the franchise” concern.

Any guesses at all on the ETA until the CAA
-approved woj tweet stating Donovan is “underwhelmed, concerned, and can’t get it up” for the Jazz’s new hire and “is requesting a trade?”
Instead of drama, I'm going to trust in the direction Ainge and the new coach want to take.

If they trade Don, I'm not going to throw a fit. Same with Rudy or anybody else.

We have a new brain trust to replace our broken one. It's time to be positive.

Instead of drama, I'm going to trust in the direction Ainge and the new coach want to take.

If they trade Don, I'm not going to throw a fit. Same with Rudy or anybody else.

We have a new brain trust to replace our broken one. It's time to be positive.
People in Boston lost their ish when Ainge traded away KG, Allen, Pierce, etc. But it ended up allowing them to land Brown, Smart, and Tatum.

I gotta say I do find it funny that people have this overarching theory about CAA wanting control in the Jazz FO/Coaching/Roster building. People do realize Donovan isn't anywhere near the biggest brand/talent of the CAA clients right?

No idea about the guy. He comes highly recommended, but for first time head coaches you really won't know how he will do until you see him in action. Overall, he seems to have been one of the more well regarded candidates. Good luck to him and hope he's a worthy successor to Quin...

I hope he junks Quin's craptastic offense and installs one that is easier to comprehend.
Quin's craptastic offense and installs were no. 1 in the league two years in a roll with a starting line up of old/washed up Mike Conley - Donovan - Royce - Bojan - Gobert. I think people SEVERELY underestimate Quin's offensive coaching of this team. This team had no business being as good offensively as it was last 2 years.

I gotta say I do find it funny that people have this overarching theory about CAA wanting control in the Jazz FO/Coaching/Roster building. People do realize Donovan isn't anywhere near the biggest brand/talent of the CAA clients right?
Right but some of the biggest names involved in the management side of CAA are in NY and they very clearly want Donovan a lot. The want the best for their clients... they don't want to run the Jazz... if Bryant getting the head coaching job was something they wanted then its something they would push for.

Poor Adrian Griffin was a finalist for the job clear back when they hired Quin and was a finalist again 8 years later and once again didn't get the job.

No idea about the guy. He comes highly recommended, but for first time head coaches you really won't know how he will do until you see him in action. Overall, he seems to have been one of the more well regarded candidates. Good luck to him and hope he's a worthy successor to Quin...

Yep and you have to expect he'll be on some kind of learning curve. We'll probably need to be a little patient for at least his first year or two.