What's new

Will Hardy expected to be hired as head coach

Is he the celtics version of Sean Sweeney?
GettyImages-1241329863-e1656189054523.jpg

He signed Al Horford to a max deal and traded for KG, lol.
The team wasn't built around Horford. Ainge spent the money on Horford because he had other main pieces on rookie deals.

KG ain't a big man in the sense that we're talking about Rudy. And he's a much better overall player anyway. C'mon man.

Is he the celtics version of Sean Sweeney?
Yes… I think that is the right group of guys to pick from… so they got the guy I think Ainge was the most familiar with… which I’m totally fine with.

The team wasn't built around Horford. Ainge spent the money on Horford because he had other main pieces on rookie deals.

KG ain't a big man in the sense that we're talking about Rudy. And he's a much better overall player anyway. C'mon man.
Al Horford made literally 2x as much as anyone else on the Celtics 16/17 team that went to the ECF.

He built the 2007-08 Celtics. He designed their top-ranked defense, one of the best in NBA history. He understood Kevin Garnett’s rare defensive impact as well as anyone. And still, days before Garnett’s jersey retirement ceremony in March, Ainge made a comparison between that championship team and the current Celtics roster.

Ainge was trying to explain the many ways Garnett reshaped the Celtics’ defense. On top of all the obvious traits Garnett brought to the court, including his trademark intensity, Ainge emphasized how much Garnett’s sheer size at the power forward spot transformed the team. Even at nearly 7-feet tall, Garnett could play next to center Kendrick Perkins, a luxury that allowed Boston to put big defenders at every position.

I’m curious to know why KG isn’t a big man.

Al Horford made literally 2x as much as anyone else on the Celtics 16/17 team that went to the ECF.
I really don't want to go down a rabbit hole of arguments with you.

Kevin Garnett and Al Horford are PF's who can also play center especially when a spread out playoffs asks for it. They aren't offensively limited players who are primarily rim protectors.

I really don't want to go down a rabbit hole of arguments with you.

Kevin Garnett and Al Horford are PF's who can also play center especially when a spread out playoffs asks for it. They aren't offensively limited players who are primarily rim protectors.
I agree that they are more skilled offensively and different then Rudy. But his teams also had Kendrick Perkins and Time Lord who are similarly limited players as key fixtures.

KG isn't a center. Sorry if I wasn't more specific.

Sure, he can play center in the playoffs, but that's because he's a PF with the athleticism and size enough to play both positions.
Yeah that's true Horford and KG were able to play with another big or play center while Rudy limits what we can do.

Hopefully they are trading his ***. Those glasses of his get thicker by the day.
My prediction:
The Knicks extend RJ Barrett this offseason
Fire Thibs and promote Bryant next offseason
Use RJ to acquire Don since it won't be hard to match salaries

How familiar is DA with him considering he was only with Boston for a year that Ainge was here.He had much more history with Joe Mazzulla
Probably was more familiar with Mazzulla but he may not be ready? I just think if you were looking at the hot assistants like Sweeney, Lee, Hardy... he was likely more familiar with Hardy. His son still works there... he clearly still has homies there... that's all... he'd have some trustworthy sources with Hardy that he may not with Lee or Sweeney.